Wachter

Wachter Chairman and CEO Brad Botteron

Brad Botteron

Travel the world

Comm Tech (Former Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsThey will train you on everything

ConsI think getting a raise and your benifits.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your workers

Great place to work in the right circumstances

Project Manager (Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsThe benefits were recently changed due to the federal law changing but it is still less than $100 a month for family coverage and it is great ins. Freedom to make decisions. lotts of opportunity for change.

ConsThere is a lot of old ways people do things tough to change, lots of excess in processes, a lot of chiefs, paperwork, too much seperation btwn deparrtments.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen

Service electrician

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of work and opportunity to make money. They'll provide you with decent equipment and communication devices. You're paid while driving and they pay food allowances and lodging if you're on the road. Great company to work for if you have no life or family.

ConsLimited network of support, no organized course of action with regard to similar issues. Dangerous work environments with no assistance or support. Constant push to complete work under improbable situations. Limited training and poor interaction between management and employees. Pay is below scale, and insurance package is constantly changing. You spend a lot of time troubleshooting issues due to sub standard equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your field techs to really get information about best practices and techniques to implement. Maybe you'll evolve into a world class organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a job, I guess.

(Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsPossibly something, cant think of any though. Cons highly outweigh any pros.

ConsThis place is a revolving door overburdening and burning out employee after employee. They will bring you on with promises of great grandeur only to let you down time after time in hopes you will quit and they can bring in the next peon.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut some value on your employees. Treat them as human beings- not mule's. Show some genuine interest in the employees.

structurally and culturally challenged

Prosgreat people and benefits, respectable attempts at establishing a marketable business model and ability to deliver

Conschallenged in melding old school incumbent practices and new thought advancements needed to extend and expand business with a 'one team' approach

Advice to Senior Managementadvance go to market strategies, eliminate obstacles associated with delivering competitive, efficient, effective multi-departmental solutions and service delivery (profit centers, overhead, execution, pricing), take measures to instill integrity in LBU transactions posted (wrong cost centers inaccurate view of LBU Profit margins, bad data used to make high level decisions)

Overload

ProsOne pro use to be insurance. However, they are now charging a monthly premium for insurance. HR does care and listens but there is not much they can do to help lower the work load for project managers. We Can work from home at times. Work phone provided.

ConsLow pay. Very high work load per FTE. Lots of traveling and very little to no training. Operating system crashes a lot. Project managers work 24/7/365. We are on call at all times even when on vacation. They make you feel bad for asking for time off. Very high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the staff you have. Work out a system to have a back up to each PM so they can take days off. Over working employees will leave and history has proven that. Have the owner come to Lowell more often. 90% have never meet him before and worked here for 2 years.

An excellent career path employer!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsUpper Management appreciates, and acknowledges career oriented employees who do well, and take pride in the service and support provided to their customers and fellow employees. Wachter is proud of their culture, ethics, training, and high standards which sometimes strikes against the grain of the disgruntled, and non-career oriented employees.

ConsProject Management can be quite stressful when you take to heart your role and responsibilities (and GPM!). Long hours will infringe on personal life, but it is very rewarding when your efforts and dedication is acknowledged by those you support and perform for. Wages tend to be lower than other like companies, but quickly becomes more competitive when you become a top performer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have great respect for upper management in my regional office and beyond, but I have only met personally our Human Resource Director from our corporate office in Lenexa. I know the top brass executives are super busy in their whirlwind, but it would be an added benefit if they carved out some time to meet middle management, dispatchers, and other personnel regularly.

Challenging, yet rewarding.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Lowell, AR

ProsGrowing company with lots of room for advancement if you're a top performer. Recent changes in managers and management styles has made Wachter a much better place to work in the last few years. Fast paced and challenging environment makes it an exciting place to work. Top managers are involved and concerned about every employee's wellbeing, so you feel valued and respected. Morale tends to be high, and the health benefits are good too.

ConsThe fast pace and long hours are not for everyone, the deadlines and profit goals can be challenging. It can be very stressful. The pay tends to be at the lower end of the range compared to similiar companies, but fairly quick advancement will benefit the top performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing! Keep up the good work.

Very Bad to work for

Bucket Truck Operator (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits only, work performed is under paid

ConsDispatchers know nothing of electrical work , your expected to violate OSHA regulations , little to no knowledge of labor laws , Wachter Electrical Service in Lowell AR is under FBI investigation. Lowell hires people with only 1 to 3 years electrical experience for journeyman level work , no training in areas needed to do controlled lighting work I.E. Novar.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrad Botteron owner of company you need to clean house.

Disappointing To work for and dangerous

Licensed Electrician (Former Employee) Fayetteville, AR

ProsBenefits are the only plus

ConsNo knowledgeable electricians as " dispatchers ", dispatchers are young kids with no field experience or training. The " in house " master electrician has no license and never has ITT tech data classes. You work alone on Wal-Mart properties when you have jobs that requires 2 electricians , unlicensed " techs " doing work in TX, AR , La , Miss and Missouri that require licensing and permits and inspections. If there is a problem with a job you can't finish you get harassed about it , everything is last minute and hurry up and wait. Dispatchers bill and charge for materials not used or installed in Wal-Mart properties, bill padding. Dispatchers tell untrained "techs " to work in dangerous conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrad you need to make a surprise visit to Lowell AR with auditors and clean house.

Worked for Wachter? Contribute to the Community!