Wachter Reviews

Brad Botteron

1. Great Career Path

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Wachter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Career Path. Advance with hard work and knowledge growth. Rewarded for hard work. Company events. Great insurance.

Cons

Hours can be iffy, but you will make your regular hours.

2. they own you

Former Employee - Field Service Tech in North East, PA
    Former Employee - Field Service Tech in North East, PA

I worked at Wachter (More than 3 years)

Pros

good health benefits if you are single.

Cons

No personal life. no set income. work 75hrs one week then 6hrs the next. Oncall 24/7 and not paid for it.

Advice to Management

Have 1 manager dispatch jobs to techs. Not 24 different project managers.

3. Career expectance

I worked at Wachter

Pros

If you work hard, and consistent, you will be compensated.

Cons

Job better for a single person rather than one with a family.

5. I have been working at Wachter

Pros

Foremost the people who work there. It is a team environment with a great deal of cross training and support. Employees get Project Management experience from several different scenarios.

Cons

Pay is not at the national average for certain job titles.

Advice to Management

People who run assist in managing projects and are cross trained deserve higher pay. When it comes to training and the emotional support, keep up the good work.

6. Was a Great Company Years Ago - Stay Away!

I worked at Wachter

Pros

Befits are not bad. Vacation hours could use some updating to keep up with other companies and earned vacation time. Insurance is great, very inexpensive for employees. After working there for the better part of a decade I saw many good things the company could do.

Cons

Management has really dropped the ball in the last few years and out of touch with their employees (has been a large migration away from Wacther in the last year plus. I've watched upper management let someone go when they hired someone that was released from the company years before do to poor project performance only to see the same results again from this person. Watched a cycle of bad hiring decisions over the last few years that have really resulted in a huge drop in employee trust and moral. Don't trust HR. Nothing like not being able to take half your vacation time because things are too busy, yet you see management take off their full time, only to have them come up and tell you how you need to make sure your working more time to get projects done. Being on salary they gave me some poor reason why they couldn't pay me for my vacation (the 40 hours I was charring over and the 80 hours I had accrued over the previous year) when I quite saying that they don't pay salary people for vacation time when they quite. They justified it as well you take off time during the year for Dr appointments and other events. I tried to remind them then what about the many many nights I was working till 2-3 in the morning trying to keep a schedule on a project. Besides the fact if that was the case why would they ever pay Salary employees vacation time if that's the way they look at it. For all the company loyalty I've seen employees give they seem to bun them every time. They don't value their employees like they used to. Don't let the sudo religious family image they want to portray fool you. Stay away you will be glad you did. The stress level has vanished since I left, should of left when I first started getting the phone calls years ago but had too much loyalty to the company thinking things were going to get better.

Advice to Management

Find the care and respect you used to have for your employees. Without them don't have a company.

7. Good company that is growing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Wachter

Pros

Great company size, good place to work with possible long term goals.

Cons

Privately owned company. Seemed like you "need to know someone" or be family to be promoted past a certain level. Also communication between sites is next to nil.

Advice to Management

Work on communication and letting employees know what is going on.

It was okay but not what I would want to do long term. Maybe it will get better this was my first project.

Current Employee - Cable Installation Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cable Installation Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Wachter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to travel, Company van, gas card, food and lodging perdiem, company shirts provided. Pay was adequate for being new to the company.

Cons

long months spent on the road, The lead technician was a total d-head, It isn't the new guys fault that they are burnt out on their jobs but you still have to be their with them and put up with their crappy attitudes, I felt like I was walking on egg shells the whole time just to please him it was very stressful. The last month of the project I had to pay for half of the cost of the room and for my food, You stay in a lot of dirty motel rooms, If they decide to fire you on the road you will be stuck to find your way home and possibly in a bad neighborhood.

Advice to Management

Get with the lead techs more and try to work on their morale or offer them more incentive. It will make the roll out a much better experience for the new guy. Offer training programs to people who are interested in a career with the company, Pay all of the perdiem that is expected.

9. may you live in interrsting times

I have been working at Wachter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

solid customer base, great if you are on a major account

Cons

sales is underappreciated, operations driven company

10. Great atmosphere with leadership that truly cares

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Wachter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and opportunity to move up the ladder. Like most companies, Wachter is in business to make money and support it's employees. If you work hard and consistently perform, you'll go far with Wachter.

Cons

Vacation time is lacking

11. Service electrician

I worked at Wachter

Pros

Lots of work and opportunity to make money. They'll provide you with decent equipment and communication devices. You're paid while driving and they pay food allowances and lodging if you're on the road. Great company to work for if you have no life or family.

Cons

Limited network of support, no organized course of action with regard to similar issues. Dangerous work environments with no assistance or support. Constant push to complete work under improbable situations. Limited training and poor interaction between management and employees. Pay is below scale, and insurance package is constantly changing. You spend a lot of time troubleshooting issues due to sub standard equipment.

Advice to Management

Talk to your field techs to really get information about best practices and techniques to implement. Maybe you'll evolve into a world class organization.

RSS Feed </> Embed