Wacom Technology Corp.

Updated July 21, 2014

Masahiko Yamada

Great Products. Closed Top level Management

I worked at Wacom Technology Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting, fun, and creative products

Cons

Management are secretive. Not very open communication.

Incompetence abounds

Former Employee - Tech Support  in  Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Wacom Technology Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some people are friendly and willing to help. Many of them are very knowledgeable.

Cons

After 6+ months of being flat out harassed by my immediate supervisor and trying to work it out with them; I finally made a formal complaint. Long story short: supervisor created a whole set of lies about me, and made everyone hate me. In the end HR made me sign papers acknowledging that I had to make things work out with my harasser and that I couldn't involve them anymore. I should have gone my own lawyer but they made me feel so bad that I just walked away.

Don't assume HR is doing their job, reach out to those that seem unhappy and really listen. I had more leaderships skills than the 2 supervisor levels above me. Because they knew that, they constantly told me I wasn't going anywhere. When I asked about advancement, I was told was not an option for me. Believe it or not, those were the exact words used.

Great company with great people

Former Employee - Vice President of Marketing  in  Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Marketing in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Wacom Technology Corp. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture. Interesting products and services. Reasonable opportunities for growth and professional development.

Cons

Time of dynamic change in the industry - this could be really good or challenging for the company.

Change management requires patience and good bi-directional communication for individuals and teams.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with fantastic product lines, but doesn't have a matching company culture

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Wacom Technology Corp.

Pros

Wacom's primary product, a graphics digitizer tablet, is of premium quality and usefulness to anyone interested in computer graphics. To be associated with such a great product in a creative computer field is wonderful.

Cons

Company generally believes in hiring outside talent rather than promoting from within, which leave little opportunity for significant career advancement. As a subsidiary of a company publicly traded on a Japanese stock market, there is generally unrealistic demands for increased sales performance. Performance bonuses, based upon unrealistic sales performance, are more of a demotivation than motivating element of the company's culture.

The opportunity for improved company performance would be enhanced by taking a public and brutally honest review of the company, culture and growth. By delegating authority AND responsibility you may find out there is a lot more brain power available than your's alone and that of Wacom Co., Ltd.

Talks the Talk but does not Walk the Walk

I worked at Wacom Technology Corp.

Pros

They make fun products. They are a small company so you get to know all of your co-workers.
    They provide free fruit for their employees. They provide decent work/life balance.

Cons

Everyone in top management has been there for 15 or more years and their ideas are stale. They are like zombies. They have some bright employees but management does not talk or interact with the "workers." It's a real strange environment if you compare it to other high tech companies. They are really old fashioned and conservative.

Retire already. Hire some new leadership.

Worked for Wacom Technology Corp.? Contribute to the Community!