Wacom Technology Corp.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Masahiko Yamada

Great Products. Closed Top level Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting, fun, and creative products

ConsManagement are secretive. Not very open communication.

Incompetence abounds

Tech Support (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsSome people are friendly and willing to help. Many of them are very knowledgeable.

ConsAfter 6+ months of being flat out harassed by my immediate supervisor and trying to work it out with them; I finally made a formal complaint. Long story short: supervisor created a whole set of lies about me, and made everyone hate me. In the end HR made me sign papers acknowledging that I had to make things work out with my harasser and that I couldn't involve them anymore. I should have gone my own lawyer but they made me feel so bad that I just walked away.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't assume HR is doing their job, reach out to those that seem unhappy and really listen. I had more leaderships skills than the 2 supervisor levels above me. Because they knew that, they constantly told me I wasn't going anywhere. When I asked about advancement, I was told was not an option for me. Believe it or not, those were the exact words used.

Great company with great people

Vice President of Marketing (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsGreat culture. Interesting products and services. Reasonable opportunities for growth and professional development.

ConsTime of dynamic change in the industry - this could be really good or challenging for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management requires patience and good bi-directional communication for individuals and teams.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with fantastic product lines, but doesn't have a matching company culture

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsWacom's primary product, a graphics digitizer tablet, is of premium quality and usefulness to anyone interested in computer graphics. To be associated with such a great product in a creative computer field is wonderful.

ConsCompany generally believes in hiring outside talent rather than promoting from within, which leave little opportunity for significant career advancement. As a subsidiary of a company publicly traded on a Japanese stock market, there is generally unrealistic demands for increased sales performance. Performance bonuses, based upon unrealistic sales performance, are more of a demotivation than motivating element of the company's culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe opportunity for improved company performance would be enhanced by taking a public and brutally honest review of the company, culture and growth. By delegating authority AND responsibility you may find out there is a lot more brain power available than your's alone and that of Wacom Co., Ltd.

Talks the Talk but does not Walk the Walk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey make fun products. They are a small company so you get to know all of your co-workers.
    They provide free fruit for their employees. They provide decent work/life balance.

ConsEveryone in top management has been there for 15 or more years and their ideas are stale. They are like zombies. They have some bright employees but management does not talk or interact with the "workers." It's a real strange environment if you compare it to other high tech companies. They are really old fashioned and conservative.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire already. Hire some new leadership.

Worked for Wacom Technology Corp.? Contribute to the Community!