Waffle House

www.wafflehouse.com

Waffle House Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Waffle House Chairman and CEO Joe W. Rogers Jr.

Joe W. Rogers Jr.

Pros
  • Meeting new people and having connections with regular customers(in 12 reviews)

• flexible hours, weekly pay in cash, Christmas and new years bonuses(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I had to work all holidays and barely got to spend time with my kids(in 14 reviews)

• Upper management did a lot of things that got them investigated by the labor board at one point(in 16 reviews)

Loved it!

Waitress (Current Employee) Youngsville, NC

ProsGreat atmosphere and kind people to work with!

ConsPay kind of sucked and hours weren't always that great

Advice to Senior ManagementPaying a waitress 2 dollars an hour is kind of low

A little iffy on the money promise

Unit Manager Trainee (Current Employee) Morrow, GA

ProsHolidays are 7, 7, 10 after 6 months of employment, stock options sound amazing, can be promoted within a year if you meet sales effectively. Trainees only, are paid weekly by direct deposit

ConsExtremely hardwork, a store is not guaranteed after training is complete, If you are willing to move whenever and wherever a store is available, then you could have a unit sooner. All trainees are paid different wages (hourly). They guarantee $40,000 at least, including bonuses, but that can only be met if you have a store. Right now I am being paid no more than 11.00/hr. Since they are a debt-free company, most things are done cheaply to maintain that i.e. still have dial-up, employees are paid by cash and management direct deposit

Misguided

Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsCustomer satisfaction and interaction, more training, qualify district manager on senior leadership standards. more visit from corporate to understand their guidance.

ConsManagement don't understand long range nor short range planning

Advice to Senior ManagementRetrain High level management on today's manager tools

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked there all though college

Salesperson (Current Employee) Decatur, AL

Prosthey worked with my schedule. I didnt need insurance nor did i need sick time because they were pretty flexible about that

Consmanagers need more training and need more time off. they become grumpy after working 60 hours every week

Newbie

ProsIt is easy to get hired.

ConsThe hiring process is disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make prospective employees make multiple trips to the location for thing that could be done in one day.

A "Stepping Stone"

Waitress (Current Employee) Hamilton, OH

ProsThis can be a really fun place to work if you can luck into having a decent manager. The regulars are awesome and you can easily get attached to them. If you stay on top of your tables, you can make enough to support yourself.

ConsSome of the managers are too lenient on their favorite employees. I quit working there because of the drug and alcohol problems that a handful of the staff had. Also, my manager was sleeping with servers. This was supposed to be a "Stepping Stone" to find a better job, but I was sucked in and before I knew it, 5 years had passed.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should be more strict about enforcing a drug/alcohol free workplace policy. Lower management should be monitored, and upper management should try to implement random drug testing with disciplinary actions taken with employees who fail. I believe that this could help with the constant turnover rate of employees. People who are fired from one location, should not be able to be hired on at another one the following day.

Current Unit Manager

Unit Manager (Current Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsStock options, great health insurance.
    Free food. Fast pace. Constantly changing dynamics. Brought in by ADP, no support once through WU.

ConsAbsolutely zero support upline. And if you and your boss happen to have a tiff, he can present a refused to sign shortage upline and you lose pay. District uses his stores as a meat market, nothing done about it, even though you follow reporting procedures. Also, comes out of your pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job. Support all members of management, not just the ones you drink with.

An under paid, fast pased, truck stop experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI like working there cuz the customer turn over was so fast, I actually made money when people left.

ConsYou have to be able to multi task, wash ur own dishes along with other salesperson duties. And only get paid peanuts

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your staff better, your store will blossom.

Eh.

Salesperson (Current Employee) Covington, GA

ProsGood job for young adults or teens to earn extra cash.

ConsPay periods are set up in a way that it's hard to make a decent amount of money per pay period. I wouldn't advice anyone over the age of 21 to work here.

Restaurant Manager

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsDecent salary and bonuses, especially when you manage your numbers well. Three weeks vacation after five years, 401(k) match available.

ConsWork-life balancing is decidedly against your favor. Management support, both above and below is limited. Eight day work week--six on, two off--becomes exhausting.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!