Waffle House Reviews

Reset

1. server

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Waffle House part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-can be really busy at times -Only a couple servers on shifts

Cons

-can be really slow at times -was unprepared immediately after training -low food prices usually result in low tips

Advice to Management

focus more on creating a more standard training guide for employees.

2. Unit

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Fayetteville, GA
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Fayetteville, GA

I have been working at Waffle House (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great place to learn how to speak to others. All most at my 20 word minimum. There I've done it!

Cons

Not too sure where to begin... I guess it all began with a random phone call... from a stranger, who sold me on the dream of making lots and lots of money while having a life...They lied....

Advice to Management

Evolve from the old archaic systems of yesteryear to remain relevant to current market trends. Focus of teaching your young instead of casting them out like lepers. The recent upgrade to POS systems is a nice step in the right direction, but utilize the technology to help control costs. Eliminate the old ticket writing and pricing methods to help with food cost issues as well. Invest in Loss Prevention, need at least one LP person per region...just saying...

3. Fun at times, but way too much work for the low pay and unprofessionalism

Former Employee - Server in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Server in Durham, NC

I worked at Waffle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family, fun atmosphere, joking with customers and coworkers, laughing at drunk people, fairly good tips sometimes

Cons

washing dishes for 2 hours at the end of a shift, calculating checks by hand, having to cook because chefs were crackheads who took a lot of breaks, drunk customers, filthy conditions,

Server / cashier

Former Employee - Server Cashier in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Server Cashier in Macon, GA

I worked at Waffle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have good customers

Cons

The management seems to only care about themselves and some have their pets which is really unfair to the ones who go above their duties to help a fellow employee or extra shift work especially when the pets are not disciplined on overlooked side work

Advice to Management

Make sure there is no favoritism in the workplace a lot of waffle house management that I know have their favorites

6. 4 Years wasted

I worked at Waffle House full-time

Pros

Friendly environment and guaranteed meals.

Cons

Very low pay. Demanding work at times. Almost no opportunity for advancement. After 4 years I was a lead grill operator, new every job in the restaurant, and trained every grill op and manager from 3-4 counties but only made 8.75hr.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth.

7. sales person

I worked at Waffle House

Pros

it was like a family best place I ever worked for. free food!! flexable scedual

Cons

some customers are a holes and will flirt with you. some time u don't have a moment to eat an your food is cold.

Advice to Management

I have none I believe thay are doing well

8. not bad

Current Employee - Food Server in Brooksville, FL
    Current Employee - Food Server in Brooksville, FL

I have been working at Waffle House (More than a year)

Pros

free meal (excluding some meats and $3.15 per shift taken out of pay check). most of uniform provided. flexible schedule. twice yearly vacation bonus from day one (eligibility not guaranteed). health care option to purchase after one year (self or family).

Cons

drama is through the roof due to small regular staff. systems are antiquated. no room for advancement in middle management because there isn't any. you either manage the whole restaurant or you're just the low man. no management at all on second and third shifts causing a lack of direction and oversight.

Advice to Management

let the unit managers manage the restaurant. that is a managers job otherwise they are just place holders! use a POS system like the rest of the modern corporate world. this cuts back on unauthorized discounts and lessens the ability to steal. also cuts back on accidental mistakes due to overlooking an item on a HANDWRITTEN ticket.

9. Recent graduate? Checking the reviews? Turn back now!

Former Employee - Manager Trainee
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee

I worked at Waffle House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for recent graduate that allows one to get their foot in the door of management. Good benefits.

Cons

AVOID unless you're desperate! - Long hours -No respect from employees -Many employees hate their jobs and some have questionable backgrounds - You will work a regular shift doing cooking just like everyone else for around 7 hours and then do management work after for hours- Work holidays and weekends constantly - All in all, they will work you until they replace you!

Advice to Management

Let management actually manage! Managers don't have any time to actually manage employees and oversee tasks. Being the lead cook facing a grill doesn't allow for much time managing! Duh.

Great atmosphere, lovely people.

Current Employee - Waitress in Conway, SC
    Current Employee - Waitress in Conway, SC

I have been working at Waffle House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meals, great co-workers, flexible schedule. Love the customer base, very friendly people and great tips. But tops depend on store location !

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the meal plan. Work 4 hours or less you are allowed 1 meal, work 5 hours or more and you are allowed 2 meals. They take a meal pay out of your paycheck whether you eat or not. It's not a big deal but given the choice I wouldn't eat just to save money.

Advice to Management

Management was nice, treated me with respect. Very friendly, down to earth people.

Love hate relationship

Current Employee - Waffle House Cook in Monroe, GA
    Current Employee - Waffle House Cook in Monroe, GA

I have been working at Waffle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling friendly staff ,nice pay for just being a cook ,free meals! And if you like the job but hate the store transferring is always an option when there's one Waffle House 3 more or somewhere near! :)

Cons

Stress stress stress ,sometimes management applies to much pressure on you because you directly effect their pay with how good you provide the customers with an excellent service ,just a lot of pressure between that and you also effecting the sales people's tips

Advice to Management

Have a little empathy from time to time happy employees make a business run so much more smooth

RSS Feed </> Embed