Wag-A-Lot Reviews

Craig Koch

Stayed too long

Current Employee - Grooming Assistant
    Current Employee - Grooming Assistant

I have been working at Wag-A-Lot

Pros

Overall, Wag-A-Lot is a laid back, fun place to work, especially if you love working with animals. The cute, spunky, and personable dogs are the saving grace of the company.

Cons

The pay is horrible, there aren't any raises. Your duties will include your job description plus maintenance of the facility. The manager and owner are very money-conscious and will not spend money for outside maintenance workers. i.e. we've been dealing with a rat infestation for about a year now, and not one exterminator has been called. The employees have been responsible for setting traps and destroying mice nests (ew). Since the recession the hours are non-existent. No one works 40 hours a week--not even the senior manager. Advancement is based on popularity and nepotism. Our assistant manager was fired--weeks later her cousin (with less experience than half the employees there) received the position. The only reason Im still employed with Wag-A-Lot is because I have yet to secure a better position elsewhere.

Treat your workers a little more fairly. Offer more incentives for advancement, pay raise, and lighten the work load. Dealing with canines is a very difficult and demanding position but dealing with them with no reward is very heart-breaking and burdensome.

Worked for Wag-A-Lot? Contribute to the Community!