Waggener Edstrom Communications

Waggener Edstrom Communications Reviews in Mumbai

3.1

Waggener Edstrom Communications President and CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin

Pros
  • impressive vacation package for all employees and flexible work from home polices for middle/upper management (in 13 reviews)

• The company is very committed to work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero Work Life Balance: With paying for your internet/mobile, you are expected to be on call 24/7 (in 22 reviews)

• Long hours and unclear and inconsistencies on expectations for what it takes to keep moving up (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

India operations is a Joke!!

Former Employee - Office Manager  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of anything besides people. I made some great friends there. Few exceptionally good people work there and that is the only good thing about WE-India.

Cons

Too many to mention here.The senior management (there is only one person who is the Managing Director, India) is the biggest joke ever. She has no vision for the company, no goals, works as per her whims and fancies as if this is her family owned business which may seem right considering the way it is being run. I was there for almost 2 years and did not see any big client wins, maybe because winning big names was not on the agenda. She is too busy micro-managing people instead of trying to see the bigger picture and win some clients. People were being hired when the employees had no work to do.I still don't understand why and how was the senior management in APAC so quiet about it as I am sure this company was started in India to make money. Now from what I know, their old clients have also left them which is not surprising. They claim to be employee friendly and brag about their "culture" which I did not witness at all. There is nobody from the HR team in India and obviously no one cares! This was my worst job nightmare in the 12 years of my work experience. I had a near sexual harassment incident within the office premises but absolutely nothing was done about it inspite of me reaching out to the big titles in HR and management. Infact they covered her back.
    I can go on and on but hopefully this should help.

Senior Management should walk the talk!

No roadmap for growth, espeacially as a start-up company in a new market- India

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Waggener Edstrom Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Globally it seems to be a very good organisation to be associated with. Since it is a start-up in India, you can expect to grow with it (if the senior leadership team wakes up in time) Work may be only for 1-2 hrs as there are no clients so rest of the time is leisure.

Cons

Not a serious company to work for, so expect your talent to go wasted. Like every other company, WE also brags about being a very proffessional and an employee friendly company but at the end of the day, they come no where close to the proffessionalism shown even by agencies smaller than them. Global Senior management will turn a blind eye towards employee grivances, low morale and even serious problems where other global organisations have taken strict action against such employees no matter what level or designation they held.
    The company lacks a growth map for itself so how can they have one for their employees. In the one year that I have been with them, there have been no client wins. The MD does' not even take on leads given on a platter. There is no employee training of any kind provided.
    The most disturbing fact is that people are constantly being recruited even with zero business coming in. Also you will not be allowed employee benefits and the India team also doesnt take part in global employee friendly programms as the MD doesnt see potential in them. Word of caution is to not go by the WEW India Facebook page. As it is misleading and paints a very rosy picture of the organisation.

Take employee feedback seriously espeacially if its backed with proof. Compare your growth in India since you entered the market, with other start-ups who you consider to be your global competitors and annalize why they are so much ahead in the game. Employ senior level management who have a serious growth track record and run the company by example. Not ones who are taking you for a ride cause that is the biggest demotivational factor for the present employees in India.

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!