Wagner Equipment Company

Bruce Wagner

1. Caterpillar Dealer

Former Employee - WTI in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - WTI in Aurora, CO

I worked at Wagner Equipment Company (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a family-oriented, stable, growing company. Many people have worked there for many years.

Cons

Old-boys network Decisions take a long time

Advice to Management

Give women a chance to lead

2. Poor people skills

I have been working at Wagner Equipment Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with many departments and job selection. Fair benefits, 401k with some company match.

Cons

Dealing with people who jump before they research often degrade an employee in order to keep wages down. Never give high reviews in this keeping wages low. Often overlook all the things a person does to help gives the feeling of not valued. Often use of poor ethics like having agreements with other co. As to not competing for techs by not hiring out of the other co. Staff. Also a way to control costs of labor.

Advice to Management

Loose the idea that the way to control costs is to hold people down. Listen to your people don't try to cover up or sweep under the rug when a problem is found find and fix the issue the core issue and in a timely manor not six months later.

3. OK, don't demand too much of employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Pros

Stable company, has a good brand

Cons

Bureaucratic, most employees are afraid to bring up new ideas

Good Employer

Pros

Benefits, Products, Company Values, Opportunities for advancement if you work hard

Cons

Slow to change, but it seems management is working on this

Be Careful

Current Employee - Service in Silver City, NM
    Current Employee - Service in Silver City, NM

I have been working at Wagner Equipment Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits and pay is really good, as well as the trucks.

Cons

Managers have a horrible attitude that creates a hostile working environment and drags down the mood of everyone they come in contact with. I can't count how many times I hear them speaking ill of the customers. I want my work to be recognized. Unless you are related to, married to or best friends with the right people they black list you and snow ball you from advancement and make your day to day life miserable and do everything they can to force you to quit. If you are friends with a manager, you are allowed to get away with things that other people have been written up for and almost fired. I think at least 7 people have quit or transferred out of Silver City directly because of management in 2014. Our Silver City branch has some great employees, but its hard when I hear the managers making fun or talking behind that persons back. Sometimes its hard for me to come into work. I often go home in tears. Employees are treated extremely poorly. You are expected to know how to do everything proficiently after your first week of training. If you don't, they will make you feel stupid every time you have to ask a question. Even after years of being with the company. Silver City is a small town. The company is full of rumors, and drama. Nothing in the company is confidential. Don't expect to talk to HR about an issue without everyone knowing about it. There have been so many instances when managers could be taken to HR, but we are afraid to even say anything. Silver City managers do not promote the good culture that Wagner equipment wants to been known for. I have once had a manager say to me " now, don't repeat what just happened, I could get fired". Reviews do not happen on time, maybe 5 months later or in some cases years.

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice before you create such a hostile work environment. Employees don't want to be treated poorly, especially if they don't deserve it.

Great place to start career!

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Aurora, CO

I worked at Wagner Equipment Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people - Bruce Wagner is a good leader. Lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

Pay could be better; low turnover limits promotions; could use fresh management leadership - new ideas & energy could do a lot to support Wagner.

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas; appreciate hard-working managers and get rid of those who are good at managing upward but can't keep their own team satisfied.

8. Solid work force, outdated and out of touch management.

I have been working at Wagner Equipment Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the strongest individual employees I've ever worked with but they are very few in number.

Cons

Many of the company's employees are hired because they are personal friends and promoted to positions of influence with little to no experience or knowledge of the field.

A great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Wagner Equipment Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great environment, lots of support for employees and their families.

Cons

low turnover leads to slow promotion

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

10. Distasteful

Former Employee - CSA Service Coordinator in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - CSA Service Coordinator in Aurora, CO

Pros

Caterpillar produces great quality products! Wagner attempted to provide great quality service and in most instances, they delivered! Wagner had a fairly good/generous benefits package although the compensation was lacking compared to similar roles/responsibilities in other industries.

Cons

Senior Management lacked vision, HR unevenly applied policies and procedures, Middle Management was clueless at best and incompetent at worst. A lot of micromanagement prevailed in some departments. Compensation was substandard compared to like roles in other industries.I personally witnessed union busting and protected class discriminatory behavior, which management failed to consider or act upon.

Advice to Management

Become a public traded company, have greater accountability, and replace some of the old guard management team with managers from outside the company.

11. Good, but they can do better

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Aurora, CO

Pros

Good structure, smart people, big company, job carrier opportunities

Cons

salaries below state and country average

RSS Feed </> Embed