Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

www.wakehealth.edu

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center – Winston-Salem – “WFBH”

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center CEO John D. McConnell

John D. McConnell

Pros
  • Good benefits, decent pay, time off when needed(in 3 reviews)

• Good pay, fexible hours, some room for growth(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Faculty & staff don't trust that the administration knows where it is going(in 4 reviews)

• When I came on board, enjoyed my job(in 3 reviews)

The environment is improving.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsIT&S department is getting better. Many positives changes are occurring especially the hiring of new people. A large reorganization is occurring and hopefully more positive changes will be made. The new CIO changed the executives over Clinical Applications who caused our Epic problems which was long overdue.

We are actually being communicated with which has not happened since my arrival. The CIO has monthly town hall meetings. Emails are sent out to the IT&S department with updates. The daily wakeup is a fun break to share information. The CIO even hand writes anniversary cards to every IT&S employee.

ConsMy Manager is terrible. We are told we don't have budget. No salary increases and our retirement match was taken away.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue cleaning out bad managers.

Greedy board/top management made for merciless "restructuring"

IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGood pay, fexible hours, some room for growth

ConsManagement didn't seem to have a lot of direction, room for growth is limited,

Advice to Senior ManagementPay yourselves less money and try to keep the good talent that you have during the US healthcare reform.

Sinking ship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsWonderful physicians who care about patients, and equally wonderful nurses and non-medical staff who are great to work with.

ConsDrastic layoffs, budget cuts, and reduction in benefits. No raises or incentive bonuses for employees for three years now (although management continues to receive high salaries and are continually recruiting high end positions). Morale among employees is terrible as the company continues to layoff seasoned employees and replace them with contract workers or new hires at much lower pay or with no one at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some weight at the top of the tree to reach and maintain the budget. Respect employees - especially long-term, loyal employees who have stuck with the hospital for many years, good and bad. Realize how much it truly cost a company and co-workers when a seasoned employee is laid off and replaced with an inexperienced, less educated worker.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

u/s in the er

Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

Prosmiddle management in my deptartment has been good to work with. They have good medical benefits, and paid time off.

Consfew opportunities for movement within

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan to have more Face. it was months before i knew what my senior management looked like.

Good place and colleagues

ProsGreat research environment, close collaboration with clinicians and bioengineers

ConsWorkload is a little bit overwhelming (specific to each position though)

Advice to Senior ManagementShould support or encourage employee with more career opportunities

Well-meaning staff with poor upper level management

Clinical Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsLower-level staff and lower-to-middle-level managers are great to work with. New management may help turn financial picture around before it is too late.

ConsDecreasing benefits (no retirement matching), working more for same salary, poorly-defined future.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on core business and improve contracts and billing/collections.

satisfied with my job

Prosgood work environment in my department

Conslarge campus easy to get lost

Terrible place to work!! The CEO has changed everything!!

Clinical Studies Coordinator (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThere are no pros to this place

ConsBad management, low salaries, micro management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of CEO!!!

Research Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEverything was great about this place, especially the people.

ConsParking lot was sometimes full

Bad and getting worse

ProsIt used to be a good place to work with the medical insurance, but the cons are now outweighing the pros.

ConsLeadership has run us into the ground. They don't care anymore about the people who make the facility run.

Worked for Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!