WalMart Canada

WalMart Canada Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

WalMart Canada President & CEO Shelley Broader

Shelley Broader

Pros
  • Meet new customers, 10% discount for associates(in 21 reviews)

• We get a yearly profit sharing Bonus(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and not enough promotion of work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• As well as only offering part-time positions and extremely rarely post full-time positions(in 17 reviews)

Walmart Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and decent pay if you are external you can negotiate salary .

ConsFor a Company that is big on associate engagement. There is a huge disconnect from upper mgmt to the associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess talk more action get involved.

Heartless company that only wants money and a good image but the rumours are true about what you hear

Management (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people work there. Some good management. 10% discount. Job security if you are a associate but not as management

ConsNot enough pay. No advancement unless you are female. WIR is what they care about. Low budgets for payroll and in achievable sales budget so they don't have to pay out bonus to management and associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember humans work for you. They need good wages help them not verbally direct them. More full time positions 40% is not good. Forget WIR as you can see promoting people because of gender is the same as not hiring because of gender. Promote on capability and capacity. You are going to continue losing people

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to start a managers career. They will give you a chance to move up.

ConsThe job is a lifestyle, no real balance of work life, lots of divorces for long term employees do to job hours. Not for lone wolfs, socialization is key to move up in the company,not how hard you work. If management you are not Human, and can not have feelings all activities are black and white no shades of gray.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain good workers, there is to high of a turnover 46% at most locations, so you are ending up with just body's. Properly fill department , the business will prosper for it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work and meet people

Cashier (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Prosit offer growth and career development

Conslow wage. lack adequate staffing at times

Walmart

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Gaffney, SC

Prosnice coworkers and a reasonab schedule

Consincompetent managements at all levels, no respect for the individual, and most importantly has lost touch with the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on decreasing talent gaps

unfair treatment
    not enough staff

Advice to Senior Managementneeds

ok

Department Manager (Current Employee) Sault Ste. Marie, ON (Canada)

Prosmost people are great, employee discount, extra discount near christmas, profit sharing

Consdifferent rules for everybody,always short staffed, low pay

Advice to Senior Managementmore follow through on disipline

customer service associate

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

Prospeople are very friendly here. Everyone can have 3 breaks if work for 8 hours. It's a very good entry level job.

ConsSalary is not good. I hate some of the schedules like work at 7am or be off at 11 pm.

Management kisses butt.

CSM (Current Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

ProsLiked the people I worked with
    Enjoyed the CBLS
    Loved being able to help people.

ConsManagement treats the staff like crap and they don't care about how you feel as long as they get their bonuses. They push the mastercard like crazy and it make it out to be the CSM's fault when the store isn't getting them. Frankly, if the cashier isn't asking and we've told them to ask, there's nothing more we can do. If they don't want to ask, they aren't going to ask. The management needs to try getting on tills and selling it and then maybe then they'll learn how difficult our jobs are.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat your staff properly and maybe you'll keep people.

Don't change who you are

Management (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsLots of room for advancement if you are prepared to make sacrifices

ConsYou have to drink the kool aid to move ahead. Corporate culture is in constant clash with excessive internal politics.

Corporate values are great on paper though not enforced properly

Advice to Senior ManagementBe yourself

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!