Waldbaum
waldbaums.com Montvale, NJ 5000+ Employees

Waldbaum Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2014
Waldbaum – Brooklyn – “Waldbaums Exterior”

Ron Marshall

Good Place to Work

Rocky Point, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum part-time for more than a year

ProsThis store has a great and friendly environment to work in. I have learned alot there.

ConsThe pay is minimum wage and dealing with customers can sometimes get frustrating.

Started great ended bad

Grocery Manager (Current Employee)
Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible hours, vacation and sick time. Good group of coworkers

ConsCompany is always in financial strain. I was laid off due to store closures. Management tends to micro manage and some will always want their way regardless of right or wrong. Management takes all decision making skills away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasteful spending and get back to the basics of selling groceries. Don't make it a major ordeal, just provide great service, good prices and clean stores.

clerk

Clerk (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Waldbaum part-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking in waldbaums was a great experience, the staffs are very helpful and the working environment is great.

ConsThe store was understaffed, and the workload was very heavy. Pay is very low and there is not much oppurtunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more workers

Not so bad

Cashier (Former Employee)
Huntington, NY

I worked at Waldbaum part-time for more than a year

ProsGood chance for promotions if you stay long enough

ConsThe( last)manager was just unreasonable, rude and unprofessional. The first two managers were great, I liked them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees. It helps the company.

Not a bad place for a starting young part timer around the area.

Melville, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum part-time for more than 8 years

ProsPeople are friendly, the overall store appearance is nice, work time is flexible, has sick pay.

ConsSalary are pretty low, small benefit if you are lucky. The company sometime cut employs' hours for no reason. The store managers do not really care about employs unless they got complain from them.

Good healthcare, no money!

New York, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe benefits are great if you have no healthcare, almost full dental and optical. While not many places accept the insurance many walk-in clinics do, and co-pay is relatively low.

ConsCrap pay, no chance for a raise or promotion, rude and incompetent customers, expect a maximum of 30 hours a week and an average of 16, even with that few hours expect to be scheduled on every holiday and day you request off and have to argue to get it, and even with this job in order to afford a car and not starve you must have another source of income or be on welfare.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of your employees are on or need welfare, and yet they slave away on a daily basis just to hope they can eat next week. Give them the pay the deserve!

Good if you're in school, retired, or need a part time job in the neighborhood.

Deli Clerk (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Waldbaum part-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible hours, pleasant co-workers, even part-timers get some union benefits.

ConsRude customers, part-timers get the worst hours and do the dirty work, uneven pacing of work depending on customer rush hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement wasn't that bad when I was there.

Good if your in school

Long Is City, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum

ProsEasy work, flexible, fun staff, great if your looking for part time brainless work

ConsRude customers, Horrible pay, horrible benefits, union fees, Dead end job, part timers do ALL full timers work

Good place for a high school or college student

Clerk (Current Employee)
Whitestone, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum

Prosgood for a student who needs to make some cash while in school. Benefits are better then having nothing at all.

ConsWork load is heavy. Not enough people working and the few that do must perform most tasks. Managers always need to blame others for an problems in the work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about profit and give your employees better pay and more hours. Hours are continuously being cut, and the few people who need the job are killing themselves to get the work done, yet they receive nothing for helping out the store.

Good if you like unions

Bakery Clerk (Current Employee)
Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Waldbaum

ProsPart time so you are not completely tied down to the store
Excellent overtime pay and benefits
Good people working around you

ConsUnion work so you can not get promoted or a raise unless everyone that started working there before you gets offered a promotion or a raise first.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the unions! good people that were excellent workers got let go from this store while terrible lazy employees got to keep jobs during cutbacks just because they had been working there longer.

Worked for Waldbaum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waldbaum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Waldbaum CEO Ron Marshall. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Waldbaum employees.