Walden Security

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.2

Amy S. Walden

Over all a good company to work for with just a few bad things.

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Walden Security full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working for David Ritterbush was the best thing about working at walden security. He always ade sure we had everything we needed and was always contacting me for other security details and extra over time if I wanted it.

Cons

Some of the management would write people up for things they them selves were doing.

Take a closer look at how your field supervisors are trained and how they do things. It would help stop a lot of the problems at the officer level before they ever had to reach upper management.

Not worth it

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer

I worked at Walden Security

Pros

The work was incredibly easy. Just sit there and sign people in and out, answer the occasional phone call and such. Walk around the location to make sure it's not on fire when nobody is working in there. VERY good about approving time off requests

Cons

Incredibly boring. Direct management could be rude at times and very uncaring. Wacky hours and if your relief doesn't show up you're stuck there. Turnover rate is ridiculously high.

If the supervisors and managers were more personable it'd be a much better place to work. Fix the scheduling.

Very bad

Former Employee - Armed Security Officer in Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Armed Security Officer in Anniston, AL

I worked at Walden Security full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cant think of any. They deserve no stars at all

Cons

Buddy buddy system fire people over hear say that's not even true. Hire in another state.

In another state so don't know what's going on at site. Backs up there supervisors even when they are in the wrong. And doesn't treat all employees equal.

walden

I worked at Walden Security

Pros

none I could see now

Cons

Officers do not relieve you on time. Training is unprofessional

retain better officers

One of a kind!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Walden Security full-time

Pros

The company culture is warm and welcoming with friendly people that are willing to help whenever you need them. Your success with the company is based on what you contribute. If you work hard and try to make an impact, you truly can. Lots of perks, competitive company healthcare benefits, PTO, scholarship programs (for you and your children) and monthly birthday celebrations to name a few.

Cons

I wish I would've started here sooner!

Management is tremendous and although there are some cultural growing pains (due to rapid growth), overall, I couldn't be happier.

HOW NOT TO RUN A SECURITY COMPANY

Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Walden Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was fair. Leadership was never there. There was no culture

Cons

You cannot run a security company from another state with no knowledge of the state or city where your trying to establish a good company. Upper management should be in Charlotte Not in Tenn.

Get some people in upper management who knows about security. Being in the Marines does not make you an expert in the security field.

Disconnect between office and sites

I have been working at Walden Security

Pros

Good first security job to get experience. If you are looking for a job it is better than the unemployment line.

Cons

The office doesn't know the struggles of the sites, all it sees is numbers. Most are understaffed and underpaid. Do not bother getting health insurance from them. It cost a lot and doesn't cover much, not to mention you won't even get a insurance card.

Listen to the employees. Find out why there is a high turnover rate at all of your sites.

Poor Pay

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Walden Security full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Experience in the security industry will hire anybody that wants that experience

Cons

Management don't offer you a bottle of water during Orientation (Unpaid) 2 days then they want you to be there from 8 am to 5. They did not offer lunch for their new employees. We had to go buy our own lunch Downtown Chattanooga Area (Traffic) And the also Charge you $25.00 for wearing their uniforms.I thought company's that you work for offer free uniforms.. Where do they do that at. Pay is horrible minimum wage 7.25

Take care of employees share the wealth by paying employees more money.

Disgrace: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walden Security full-time (more than a year)

Pros

coworkers, some work sites, tuition reimbursement for school is okay, get to meet some interesting people depending on your given site

Cons

Obama;elevator;CDC = Walden, NO chances of advancement, if your lucky enough to become a supervisor you will only get 25 cents more, THEY JUST CANCELLED ALL HOLIDAY PAY, no appreciation at all if you work overtime, no recognition of hard work, superiors do not look out for their team at all they only cover their own butts, not paid during your training course, never have the proper equipment to run a site efficiently, they will hire almost anyone no matter what experience they have because the turnover is the highest I have ever seen in a company, they keep losing accounts to rival companies, no one will ever appreciate the hard work you do even if you go way above and beyond the call of duty; not even a "thank you", doesn't matter if you have a college degree or anything you will only start at the base pay around ten bucks, and other reasons too long to type.

pay attention to your deserving officers for ACTUAL raises, bring back paid holidays, take care of your employees, stop cutting corners, get direct deposit fixed, fix your pay rates that are promised to employees upon time of hire, and stop messing up on every single thing and given detail and find people who can actually perform your jobs correctly!!!

My experience was horrible. It is the worst company I ever worked for.I worked at Walden security Charlotte for over two years.

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Walden Security full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can't think of one. Not one good thing about the company

Cons

You can work your tail off and never get advancement or a raise. The company has no moral. They treat the employees like crap then replace you when you disagree with their actions.

Management needs to be trained better. Advancement should come within not whoever suits them. Better pay and benefits. Better communication. Rotating hours instead of the same individuals always having to work weekends and odd hours