Walden Security

Amy S. Walden

Substantial job stability

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  West Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Gastonia, NC

Pros

Great coworkers, superb account manager

Cons

No discretion in hiring substandard employees. Rapid turnover in upper management, healthcare benefits substandard. Low pay

Treat employees as the valuable asset they are

Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The people that you work with.

Cons

People are put in postions without being properly trained.
    The pay problems

The pay problem leads to low moral. Low moral leads to a awful work place. HR is in shambles and need to work harder at getting there people paid in a timely manner. Walden is a muli million dollar company people not getting all there money shouldn't be a problem

They're an okay company.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Portland, OR

Pros

They have good training, management is polite. They give you plenty of uniforms, whereas many security companies will only give you a couple shirts and a couple pairs of pants.

Cons

Don't count on a straight answer on what your pay will be. I was working at a contract with Daimler and the security company was switched to Walden; we were all told that we would be making $10 an hour and we ended up all making $9 an hour. I also found myself working odd hours; I was told I could have Sundays off for church and then they made me work Sundays. I would not want this job if I had a family.

Just be more straightforward about what the employees will be getting.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for college kids.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The pros--interview wasn't hard, the pay was $10 an hour for unarmed guard work (basically no work at all, if you got a decent site/position) and was zero stress.

Cons

They don't mention it--but after the 3 days of unpaid training, they charge you $150 or so for hiring you. Literally, hiring fees for paperwork and such.

They also are horrible at communication. When I wanted more hours, it took over a week for anyone to reply to calls/emails. I got one email back asking me to come in to discuss it--which for me, was a 17 mile drive one way, without being told "yes, we have hours in your area."

Get better at communication. Give employees contact numbers or email addresses where they can quickly find out about open sites/hours in their area. And tell people you're charging them hiring fees!

Walden is not attentive to their employees. Management and HR in the Atlanta office are horrible and inexperienced.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Easy money if you work @ Palisades as long as management in the Walden office does not interfere with the day to day operations.

Cons

Compensation for tenured officers does not reflect years of service. New officers are offered the same salary as tenured officers and often given better perks/privileges than the tenured officers. Home office does not offer any support and often reports employees to Atlanta office for discipline because they do not want to take the time to fulfill simple request. Training was great; however 3 days is not necessary. Overall Walden is not a good place to work if you are undereducated, African American, African,and unable to fend for yourself.

TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING!!!! Management and HR seem the think they are superior and the officers are less than. News flash Walden there are some educated, over qualified officers working for your establishment, learn how to utilize them and for those who are not offer programs to assist with furthering their career paths.

The employees made the job fun. The management was always threatening the employees about firing them.

Former Employee - Armed Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Armed Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The pay was great for contract security company. My co-workers were excellent.

Cons

Their benefits sucked. They dont back up their employees.

Show your employees that you appreciate the work that they did for you on your government contract.

They play dirty!!!

Pros

None! You'll be ready to quit within 5mins.

Cons

The higher ups are wicked and racist. They will stick together and if u make an anonymous complaint everyone knows about it and u will be singled out!

Your officers are the ones making you money! Show more appreciation!

outstanding security service

Pros

growing security company that fully understands the customer service approach of security

Cons

non that I can think of at this moment

Horrible Supervisors ruin this company.

Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer  in  Vonore, TN
    Current Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Vonore, TN

Pros

You get to know the other officers really well. I have become close to the people at my post and we all get along great.

Cons

The supervisors in the office do not keep up with anything. They do not know what is happening in the field. The weekend field supervisors are absolutely no help.

Train field supervisors better before putting them out on their own. Offer people already with the company empty positions rather than hiring new people to fill them.

Pros

Had good pay. About 18 hour. That was about it.

Cons

Healthcare benefits lacking. 401k program was horrible also. Had to pay for own boots,shirts, and socks.

Take better care of your officers. If they have better healthcare they stay healthier and with the company longer. Better 401k matching also. I know your in the business to make a profit but a raise would have been nice. We stayed the same rate for the 4 years I was with you.

Worked for Walden Security? Contribute to the Community!