Walden Security

Add Photos

Amy S. Walden

Substantial job stability

Security Officer (Current Employee) West Gastonia, NC

ProsGreat coworkers, superb account manager

ConsNo discretion in hiring substandard employees. Rapid turnover in upper management, healthcare benefits substandard. Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees as the valuable asset they are

Security Officer

Security Officer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people that you work with.

ConsPeople are put in postions without being properly trained.
    The pay problems

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pay problem leads to low moral. Low moral leads to a awful work place. HR is in shambles and need to work harder at getting there people paid in a timely manner. Walden is a muli million dollar company people not getting all there money shouldn't be a problem

They're an okay company.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThey have good training, management is polite. They give you plenty of uniforms, whereas many security companies will only give you a couple shirts and a couple pairs of pants.

ConsDon't count on a straight answer on what your pay will be. I was working at a contract with Daimler and the security company was switched to Walden; we were all told that we would be making $10 an hour and we ended up all making $9 an hour. I also found myself working odd hours; I was told I could have Sundays off for church and then they made me work Sundays. I would not want this job if I had a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be more straightforward about what the employees will be getting.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for college kids.

Security Officer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe pros--interview wasn't hard, the pay was $10 an hour for unarmed guard work (basically no work at all, if you got a decent site/position) and was zero stress.

ConsThey don't mention it--but after the 3 days of unpaid training, they charge you $150 or so for hiring you. Literally, hiring fees for paperwork and such.

They also are horrible at communication. When I wanted more hours, it took over a week for anyone to reply to calls/emails. I got one email back asking me to come in to discuss it--which for me, was a 17 mile drive one way, without being told "yes, we have hours in your area."

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better at communication. Give employees contact numbers or email addresses where they can quickly find out about open sites/hours in their area. And tell people you're charging them hiring fees!

The employees made the job fun. The management was always threatening the employees about firing them.

Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe pay was great for contract security company. My co-workers were excellent.

ConsTheir benefits sucked. They dont back up their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that you appreciate the work that they did for you on your government contract.

Walden is not attentive to their employees. Management and HR in the Atlanta office are horrible and inexperienced.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEasy money if you work @ Palisades as long as management in the Walden office does not interfere with the day to day operations.

ConsCompensation for tenured officers does not reflect years of service. New officers are offered the same salary as tenured officers and often given better perks/privileges than the tenured officers. Home office does not offer any support and often reports employees to Atlanta office for discipline because they do not want to take the time to fulfill simple request. Training was great; however 3 days is not necessary. Overall Walden is not a good place to work if you are undereducated, African American, African,and unable to fend for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAINING TRAINING TRAINING!!!! Management and HR seem the think they are superior and the officers are less than. News flash Walden there are some educated, over qualified officers working for your establishment, learn how to utilize them and for those who are not offer programs to assist with furthering their career paths.

They play dirty!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone! You'll be ready to quit within 5mins.

ConsThe higher ups are wicked and racist. They will stick together and if u make an anonymous complaint everyone knows about it and u will be singled out!

Advice to Senior ManagementYour officers are the ones making you money! Show more appreciation!

outstanding security service

Prosgrowing security company that fully understands the customer service approach of security

Consnon that I can think of at this moment

Horrible Supervisors ruin this company.

Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) Vonore, TN

ProsYou get to know the other officers really well. I have become close to the people at my post and we all get along great.

ConsThe supervisors in the office do not keep up with anything. They do not know what is happening in the field. The weekend field supervisors are absolutely no help.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain field supervisors better before putting them out on their own. Offer people already with the company empty positions rather than hiring new people to fill them.

Was ok. Benefits sucked and for the amount we were paying into medical we all thought they were skimming somehow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad good pay. About 18 hour. That was about it.

ConsHealthcare benefits lacking. 401k program was horrible also. Had to pay for own boots,shirts, and socks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your officers. If they have better healthcare they stay healthier and with the company longer. Better 401k matching also. I know your in the business to make a profit but a raise would have been nice. We stayed the same rate for the 4 years I was with you.

Worked for Walden Security? Contribute to the Community!