Walden Security

Substantial job stability

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  West Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Walden Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers, superb account manager

Cons

No discretion in hiring substandard employees. Rapid turnover in upper management, healthcare benefits substandard. Low pay

Treat employees as the valuable asset they are

Constantly looking for knives in the back.

Former Employee - Security Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Walden Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was better than most contract security companies. That was only at the cdc. Even that was 31% lower than comparable contracts in the region.

Cons

The management team does a poor job of training new officers, often turning them over to other officers to train them so that bad habits are passed on instead of the proper way to do the job. The supervisors are not able to learn the posts due to the administrative demands placed on them.

Make the Training Supervisor actually train people instead of just making sure the paperwork is right for governmental purposes. Also, quit trying squeeze every penny you can from the money that should go to the officer's health insurance. That is one of the reasons that Walden lost the cdc contract. Mike Walden got too greedy.

Ok company with bad benefits

Current Employee - Security Guard  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Walden Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has the same schedule every week

Cons

Bad benefits, low pay, no chance for advancement

Give good employees room to advance

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst company ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Walden Security

Pros

Coworkers are your only pros

Cons

Favoritism by management, no raise in 10 years, DON'T care about employees!! SHADY WORK ETHICS

Stop being so greedy and take care of your employees.

Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walden Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that you work with.

Cons

People are put in postions without being properly trained.
    The pay problems

The pay problem leads to low moral. Low moral leads to a awful work place. HR is in shambles and need to work harder at getting there people paid in a timely manner. Walden is a muli million dollar company people not getting all there money shouldn't be a problem

HORRIBLE SECURITY COMPANY TO WORK FOR IN TEXAS

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walden Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP COMPANY!

Cons

Plays emotional games with employees, creates and thrives on adversity in the workplace, throws around statements, "i've got tons of experience in security and you don't.", workplace violence incident waiting to happen!

Walden Security is full of false promises and wishful thinking. They appear to be very selective about applicants prior to hiring; but then, they just hire anyone with little to no experience. It seemed as if they hired people they could control. They treat employees like chess pieces and play their emotions off one another. There is a great deal of "mom vs. dad" games being played. The employee will always take precedent over anything the manager has to say. The branch office is disorganized. The typical branch contains a general, operations, and human resource manager. The three of them do not seem to discuss anything until after an event happens. You end up getting three different instructions and directions and then are left to determine for yourself which course of action to take. When you do decide to take a course of action; your are blasted for making the wrong choice.
    Be wary of this company's policy on tardiness/absenteeism. If an employee is late; anyone can volunteer to work for them. The DOWNSIDE is the late employee is required to swap time with the person that worked overtime so that all employees get the 40 hours per week and no one earns O/T. This rewards tardiness/absenteeism and causes no one to want to work together.
    Supervisors earn a decent paycheck for the work performed until you realize you fork out nearly $400 per month for medical benefits. Take home pay is about $1300 per month for 40 hours per week.
    Branch management cannot leave well enough alone. If they did not pit employees against one another the company would be a great place to work.
    Overall assessment: THERE ARE MUCH BETTER PLACES TO WORK (CONSIDER MCDONALDS BEFORE WALDEN).

They're an okay company.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Walden Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have good training, management is polite. They give you plenty of uniforms, whereas many security companies will only give you a couple shirts and a couple pairs of pants.

Cons

Don't count on a straight answer on what your pay will be. I was working at a contract with Daimler and the security company was switched to Walden; we were all told that we would be making $10 an hour and we ended up all making $9 an hour. I also found myself working odd hours; I was told I could have Sundays off for church and then they made me work Sundays. I would not want this job if I had a family.

Just be more straightforward about what the employees will be getting.

Good for college kids.

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Walden Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros--interview wasn't hard, the pay was $10 an hour for unarmed guard work (basically no work at all, if you got a decent site/position) and was zero stress.

Cons

They don't mention it--but after the 3 days of unpaid training, they charge you $150 or so for hiring you. Literally, hiring fees for paperwork and such.

They also are horrible at communication. When I wanted more hours, it took over a week for anyone to reply to calls/emails. I got one email back asking me to come in to discuss it--which for me, was a 17 mile drive one way, without being told "yes, we have hours in your area."

Get better at communication. Give employees contact numbers or email addresses where they can quickly find out about open sites/hours in their area. And tell people you're charging them hiring fees!

Walden is not attentive to their employees. Management and HR in the Atlanta office are horrible and inexperienced.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walden Security part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Easy money if you work @ Palisades as long as management in the Walden office does not interfere with the day to day operations.

Cons

Compensation for tenured officers does not reflect years of service. New officers are offered the same salary as tenured officers and often given better perks/privileges than the tenured officers. Home office does not offer any support and often reports employees to Atlanta office for discipline because they do not want to take the time to fulfill simple request. Training was great; however 3 days is not necessary. Overall Walden is not a good place to work if you are undereducated, African American, African,and unable to fend for yourself.

TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING!!!! Management and HR seem the think they are superior and the officers are less than. News flash Walden there are some educated, over qualified officers working for your establishment, learn how to utilize them and for those who are not offer programs to assist with furthering their career paths.

The employees made the job fun. The management was always threatening the employees about firing them.

Former Employee - Armed Security Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Armed Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Walden Security full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay was great for contract security company. My co-workers were excellent.

Cons

Their benefits sucked. They dont back up their employees.

Show your employees that you appreciate the work that they did for you on your government contract.

Worked for Walden Security? Contribute to the Community!