Walden Security

One of a kind!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Walden Security full-time

Pros

The company culture is warm and welcoming with friendly people that are willing to help whenever you need them. Your success with the company is based on what you contribute. If you work hard and try to make an impact, you truly can. Lots of perks, competitive company healthcare benefits, PTO, scholarship programs (for you and your children) and monthly birthday celebrations to name a few.

Cons

I wish I would've started here sooner!

Management is tremendous and although there are some cultural growing pains (due to rapid growth), overall, I couldn't be happier.

HOW NOT TO RUN A SECURITY COMPANY

Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Walden Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was fair. Leadership was never there. There was no culture

Cons

You cannot run a security company from another state with no knowledge of the state or city where your trying to establish a good company. Upper management should be in Charlotte Not in Tenn.

Get some people in upper management who knows about security. Being in the Marines does not make you an expert in the security field.

Poor Pay

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Walden Security full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Experience in the security industry will hire anybody that wants that experience

Cons

Management don't offer you a bottle of water during Orientation (Unpaid) 2 days then they want you to be there from 8 am to 5. They did not offer lunch for their new employees. We had to go buy our own lunch Downtown Chattanooga Area (Traffic) And the also Charge you $25.00 for wearing their uniforms.I thought company's that you work for offer free uniforms.. Where do they do that at. Pay is horrible minimum wage 7.25

Take care of employees share the wealth by paying employees more money.

Disconnect between office and sites

I have been working at Walden Security

Pros

Good first security job to get experience. If you are looking for a job it is better than the unemployment line.

Cons

The office doesn't know the struggles of the sites, all it sees is numbers. Most are understaffed and underpaid. Do not bother getting health insurance from them. It cost a lot and doesn't cover much, not to mention you won't even get a insurance card.

Listen to the employees. Find out why there is a high turnover rate at all of your sites.

Constantly looking for knives in the back.

Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Walden Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was better than most contract security companies. That was only at the cdc. Even that was 31% lower than comparable contracts in the region.

Cons

The management team does a poor job of training new officers, often turning them over to other officers to train them so that bad habits are passed on instead of the proper way to do the job. The supervisors are not able to learn the posts due to the administrative demands placed on them.

Make the Training Supervisor actually train people instead of just making sure the paperwork is right for governmental purposes. Also, quit trying squeeze every penny you can from the money that should go to the officer's health insurance. That is one of the reasons that Walden lost the cdc contract. Mike Walden got too greedy.

Disgrace: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Walden Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

coworkers, some work sites, tuition reimbursement for school is okay, get to meet some interesting people depending on your given site

Cons

Obama;elevator;CDC = Walden, NO chances of advancement, if your lucky enough to become a supervisor you will only get 25 cents more, THEY JUST CANCELLED ALL HOLIDAY PAY, no appreciation at all if you work overtime, no recognition of hard work, superiors do not look out for their team at all they only cover their own butts, not paid during your training course, never have the proper equipment to run a site efficiently, they will hire almost anyone no matter what experience they have because the turnover is the highest I have ever seen in a company, they keep losing accounts to rival companies, no one will ever appreciate the hard work you do even if you go way above and beyond the call of duty; not even a "thank you", doesn't matter if you have a college degree or anything you will only start at the base pay around ten bucks, and other reasons too long to type.

pay attention to your deserving officers for ACTUAL raises, bring back paid holidays, take care of your employees, stop cutting corners, get direct deposit fixed, fix your pay rates that are promised to employees upon time of hire, and stop messing up on every single thing and given detail and find people who can actually perform your jobs correctly!!!

Ok company with bad benefits

Current Employee - Security Guard in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Walden Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It has the same schedule every week

Cons

Bad benefits, low pay, no chance for advancement

Give good employees room to advance

My experience was horrible. It is the worst company I ever worked for.I worked at Walden security Charlotte for over two years.

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Walden Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of one. Not one good thing about the company

Cons

You can work your tail off and never get advancement or a raise. The company has no moral. They treat the employees like crap then replace you when you disagree with their actions.

Management needs to be trained better. Advancement should come within not whoever suits them. Better pay and benefits. Better communication. Rotating hours instead of the same individuals always having to work weekends and odd hours

COMPANY SEEMS VERY UNORGANIZED

Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer
    Former Employee - Unarmed Security Officer

I worked at Walden Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work here because they took over my compnay's contract and expected a better company but they are very disorganized

Cons

No pay raise, no paid holidays, Management doesn't respond to needs in timely manner

INCREASE PAY Over time Those whom been with the company longer than others should make more. Stop putting so much work on Supervisors and LET THE OFFICER READ A NEWSPAPER without being written up!

Substantial job stability

Current Employee - Security Officer in West Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Walden Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, superb account manager

Cons

No discretion in hiring substandard employees. Rapid turnover in upper management, healthcare benefits substandard. Low pay

Treat employees as the valuable asset they are