Walgreens Reviews in Bellevue, WA

3,425 Reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson
Greg Wasson
1,827 Ratings

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be (in 207 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good (in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent (in 77 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management (in 122 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Values, Great Treatment

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are friendly, helpful and honest, every one works together with open communication. No drama. You have a direct opportunity to learn new skills regardless of position or department, in order to reach out to a diverse range of customers' needs; there's nobody restricting a photo specialist from learning about cos, or a front cashier from learning to process online orders, etc. Advancement and education is strongly encouraged. Management is fair and just, they are willing to listen to the employees' suggestions or concerns, and have no qualms with tailoring the schedule to your needs or permitting voluntary off-time within reason. They treat both employee and customers with diginity and respect. This company truly lives up to its cultural values of happiness, health and quality customer service.

Cons

An unfortunate trade-in for an outstanding and comfortable work environment seems to be the low wages. Everyone works very hard and maintains a great attitude at work, and while management is good about recognition and encouragement, the hourly pay does not serve justice to how much energy and efficiency truly goes into the jobs of associates, photo techs, beauty advisors or shift supervisors.

Newer again

Former Employee - Photo Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Photo Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was very close from my home. There is nothing good I can say about my work experience at Walgreens.

Cons

That's a long list. First of all in that location Photo department was located in the front of the store so a lot of people didn't even see that it was photo department and they were mad because I was busy doing something or prioritizing photo customers.

It was super stressful! If you want to save your nerves avoid getting the job of Photo Specialist. I understand the word multitasking but the way they want you to "multitask" is impossible. There were days when they didn't schedule cashiers and for a closing shift there was manager and me in the whole store!!!... I was running photo department and being a cashier at the same time plus I had to do trash and take my breaks, take many passport photos and make sure everybody left the store happy all at the same time...And it turns out it was not enough... The next day another manager was asking why some tasks were not done! Sounds like a joke!

While they promote themselves on the radio "at the corner of happy and healthy" they want you to ask every single customer if they want some junk food like chips and candies! If you don't customer can request 5 dollars! That is how scamers started to come to get some cash...
    I see one big contradiction here. Why should I promote junk food when that is the place where a lot of sick people were coming for their prescriptions! or people with diabetes...

Since the store was open there are just 2 or 3 people left from original team opening the store in 2012. That means all the smarter people are leaving right away. And they will hire lazy unprofessional people and pay them minimum wage insted of paying a decent salary and keep good employees.
    You get what you pay for Walgreens.

That was the worse job experience in my life! Good bye Walgreens and never again!

Learn to be human and treat your employees with respect!

Honest top-heavy company that seems to care about it's employees.

Current Employee - Head Photo Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Head Photo Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Walgreens is a progressive company that has recognized same sex partner benefits for many years. They offer pretty good insurance and a decent profit sharing.

Cons

Pay is low despite company being one of the top in the country.
    Reduced hours means longer lines and more upset customers. New rewards card has made transactions take twice as long and twice as many upset customers. Bad move.

Get rid of the rewards card. Customers hate it and employees hate it more.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, interesting challenges, flexibility

Cons

All employees are subject to random drug testing.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!