Walgreens

Walgreens Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson

Greg Wasson

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be(in 207 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good(in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent(in 77 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management(in 122 reviews)

60 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Too much for too little in a 24 hour

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Haltom City, TX

ProsGood benefits for the most part. Employee discount comes in handy. Wages for techs is good if your certified.

ConsUnbalance scheduling with lack of back up help for those who get sick. Never seem to get Management to hear you out. Have to check your pay or they gimp you on hours sometimes because of glitches in the clock or managers not adding in your time. Oh yes you will always be multitasking because they never have enough help.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who can stay longer then a couple of months. And hire people please.

Was a great job. Now a nightmare. Stay away.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCustomers are great.

ConsLack of communication. Constant rumors of downsizing. Lowering pay scales. Less employees and more work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your people and pay them a fair wage.

This company shows no respect to those that have made the company what it is today

SFL (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe healthcare industry is strong therefore the company will continue to exist.

ConsPoor pay, capped income levels, retail hours destroy family life, not much room for advancement, They are money hungry and could care less about me and my family. Have had 3 pay cuts over the past 5 years and am doing the same job. Only the store managers and pharmacists make any money and the company is working hard to find ways to cut their positions as well.When Jeff Rain our previous CEO left, so did the care for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some respect for your people as moral is horrible and everyone I know is wanting to get out. Get into the stores and talk to your employees. Not the managers but the little guys who have been hurt by the pay cuts.Even though your stock prices are soaring, your people hate what the company has done to them. Shame on you!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's ok to work but not enough pay.

Photo Specialist (Current Employee) Mesquite, TX

ProsThe best reasons to work here is that you get health ins., life ins., dental ins., and vision ins. and good employees to work with.

ConsPhoto specialist sometimes get busy in the photo department and the manager expects you to do some other tasks including photo orders, and he rushes you to get your task done sometimes you cannot get the task done.

Great!

ASM (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsRoom to grow in this company!

ConsThe higher ups need to think more about the people who are running the stores... we are the business!

Too much favoritism and too many chiefs .

Front End Cashier (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsIt's a paycheck and the insurance is great.

ConsYou never know the correct way to do something. It all depends on who's in charge that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everybody the same. Try not to have pets.

treating employees as human beings

Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosrepeat customers, employees we work with, time off, vacation time, sick time, paid holidays

Constook our money away. the c.e.o. took a big bonus all cash, by taking money away from employees. always open on the holidays, yet the big wigs have it off. not fair.

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair to your employees. faireness, Do not show favoritism especially to the females. give us our money back to compensate all the work we do.

No upward mobility for management.

Shift Lead (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEntry Level position: Go for It! You will learn a lot.

ConsShift Lead is paid too little to deal with the verbal abuse from customers and the theft issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your Shift Leads so they will stay and play. The game is constantly changing and with room for advancement slim, the Shift Lead needs motivating reasons to stay.

Solid company, Store Branch Management make a big difference

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Wylie, TX

ProsGreat for first timers, part-timers, 2nd job, full-time management positions, retirees. Vast amt of stores- great for possible transfr..

ConsCustomer service associates- low pay- gradual increase in time but not much (unless you change to a lead/mgmt postion)

Advice to Senior ManagementGive bi-annual reports with improved incentives (i.e. raises). Give extra time allowance when giving out daily work list or resets with consideration of the basic store activities of customer service, clean up and/or clear ups.

Very dyanamic company to work for

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsNever the same every day, flexibility with scheduling, great co-workers

ConsRetail. High Turnover. Suggestive selling

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!