Walgreens

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson

Greg Wasson

39 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Convenient store, always open.

SBA (Current Employee)
    Reseda, CA

ProsLocation, benefits, leadership, flexibility, raises

ConsHigh volume of customers, unorganized, high turnover rate, hours, bad pay

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organizaton.

Company going through changes.

Head Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
    Whittier, CA

ProsPositive work environment, flexible schedule, slightly above average pay. There are many resources at your disposal for employees who want to try to advance within the company.

ConsCorporate office is cost cutting similar to CVS and it is hurting morale and customer service. Store managers hourly budget for scheduling employees continues to get cut. Sometimes there is no one covering a department for an entire day.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont take the stress that corporate is putting on you and take it out on employees, most are entry level.

Pharmacy

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    Anaheim, CA

ProsIt's a good place to working.

ConsThe company culture belief is a little over the top they don't want you to just know it but remember it word by word.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Clue

Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt's job, if you are planning to move you can get transferred almost anywhere.

ConsWork life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent. They expect you to be available 24/7 and don't eve give you 40hrs of work. Corporate officers don't have a clue of what goes on at the store level!

asst mgr

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosnothing to said about the pros because it was pretty much going downward as far as any benefits for store employees.

ConsIt's corporate greediness happens everywhere including Walgreens. I Was working for Walgreens for more than 10 yrs. The corporate told the asst. manager to basically take pay cut

Advice to Senior ManagementI CAN REPLACE THE CURRENT CEO AND DO HIS JOB BETTER. I CAN JUST CUT EVERYBODY'S PAY......THAT IS THE EASIEST FOR THE COMPANY TO LESSEN EXPENSES AND STILL MAINTAINING MY SALARY AS CEO. MONKEY CAN DO BETTER JOB THAN HIM. THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY

It is a high quality organized company that really cares for the health of the community

Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsThe best reason to work there is the respectful team helping you grow in the position your in and the regular customers you bond with in relationship.

ConsA challenge while working there is truck days where lots needs to be in little time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalgreens needs to createe community events for employees and customers to bond outside shopping.

Good place to work

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood variety of people to work with, offers health insurance benefits (at cost), plus profit sharing opportunities, PTO, wonderful customer service philosophy

ConsStarting pay is very low, can be difficult to move up to shift leader position, but from there seems like more opportunities for advancement become available. Being sick doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to call out. Reviews were done by upper management who really didn't seem to have enough direct knowledge to evaluate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should listen more to employees, as they have the most contact with customers. Customers do not want to take a survey every time they checkout. They want to swipe their card/pay and go. Currently each customer is asked several questions during each transaction which takes away from the real connection the employee could make with them, and makes the customer feel somewhat annoyed at times. They seem to create a disconnect and makes the whole thing seem robotic.

Overworked and severely underpaid

Beauty Advisor and Cashier (Current Employee)
    Orange, CA

ProsMindless job, a few discounts here and there

Cons6 dollars an hour pay after taxes, they tell you its part time but its not. You have to work there every day with short hours..So in essence its like you work the whole week but 5-6 hours a day. Weird working hours. Cashiers clean the bathroom and take out the trash on all departments after standing up for the whole day. Lifting flowers to and from the main area. All for 6 dollars an hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing.

Not the best retail place to work at.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pasadena, CA

ProsSome of my co-workers were awesome to work with.

Cons- Absolutely no work-life balance.
    - Supervisors and managers took the job and company too seriously, making my time there not enjoyable, and very much a drag.
    - No shown appreciation or given credit by supervisors/managers for doing a job well done.
    - Supervisors and managers showed favoritism.
    - There was a lot of supervisor/manager/subordinate worker drama (extremely unprofessional, which by the way I was not a part of).
    - Pay rate was not great, especially for the amount of work expected to be done, the rate should be higher, even for the managers.
    - Not easy to get a raise or upgrade store position (promotions).

great job if you want it to be a great job

Service Clerk (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosgreat co workers and great mangers

Consnot enough pay and not enough hours

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.