Walgreens Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Stefano Pessina

Pros
  • Profit sharing is a great benefit (in 238 reviews)

• Employee discount comes in handy (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no Work/Life balance (in 99 reviews)

• The upper management seemed disconnected with team staff in that store-level problems were sometimes ignored by supervisors (in 150 reviews)

5,636 Employee Reviews

Certified Pharmacy Technician

Former Employee - Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team Environment in the pharmacy. I always felt like I was apart of a family. Constant Raises. Room for Growth. Constant training and education. Rx manager always backs you up in difficult situations. Awesome Benefits.

Cons

Work overload. Constant work being piled on with not many techs to execute. Mandatory OT. Non working relationship between the pharmacy and front of store. No consistency with work hours.

2. Co-workers are family

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for Walgreens has given me a family. My co-workers care about my personal life and difficulties I have endured. I don't earn a lot of money, but I do have the support and caring at my Walgreens family that I didn't have before. I have been with Walgreens 5 years. Will stay until I have to retire.

Cons

Too much drama and high school like clicks. I just go to work and do my very best and go home. I ignore the BS.

Advice to Management

Monitor the BS between store managers and "pet" employees. Monitor the social activity for managers and employees. It is out of control.

Good minimum wage retail job

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Walgreens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-caring managers -good training, trained by multiple employees to help get a feel of things -abides by legal and company break policies, extra break time for those under 18 -managers will actually be punished for inappropriate misconduct instead of the issue being swept under the rug -15% employee discount -good hours, if you need to switch shifts with someone you can call them and ask, then alert the manager -broken equipment was replaced (vacuums, scanners, registers) -was sent a confidential letter about available therapy and social service opportunities covered by walgreens a few days after i came in with bruises on my arms

Cons

-shift leads had a tendency to be incompetent and dramatic towards social situations -bad communication between employees, shift leads and corporate -constant visits from corporate, during which we were asked to perform differently than what was normally expected from us -suggestive sales were tracked, but the many customers resent being asked to buy something -very misleading sales tags, company coupons and advertisements. caused many confrontations by customers, lost sales, and complaints, not to mention wasted time on something that could have been fixed by printing the ad clearly -i have witnessed multiple customer on customer fights in-store -badly organized closing shifts; often ran over time due to computer errors, not being able to turn customers away, and no one to cover register while you clean store and put products back on shelves -branded greetings, customer surveys

Advice to Management

be consistent, think about the things you are doing, think about how you can make the store run smoothly and more efficiently. do not get caught up in pointless drama and activities and stay professional. learn to do your job and do it well

Not what I was hired for; left me disappointed and unemployed

Former Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Walgreens (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the interaction with the customers at the retail cash register, in pharmacy I love helping people even though they were difficult. The employee discount and benefits are nice, variety of personality types with coworkers and supervisors (both good and bad). Potential for career growth and development.

Cons

Management changed when the supervisors and shift leaders were in desperate need of restructuring and filtering through, left the store in utter disarray. Schedules were never what you were told or hired for, shamed or "threatened" into working unwanted shifts, harrassed by other coworkers/shift leaders inappropriately and nothing was done but was told it was addressed. Management failed horribly on all their duties as managers regarding not only the staff but also the customers. It was such a shame and left me quite devastated.

Advice to Management

Those in management positions need to be evaluated closer and handpicked so the right candidates become part of management at every level. The management lacked so many human resourcing requirements, knowledge, customer service skills, and ambition. Nobody was getting proper training, it was like the blind leading the blind with circus ring leaders serving as supervisors!

6. mediocre job

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with some really good people and some customers are very nice and friendly

Cons

With Walgreen's as a tech you are typically just a clerk ringing up prescriptions for about 80% of your day with little time actually being spent filling or typing prescriptions

7. Great Company to Work For

Pros

Great company to work for. They have a strong focus on team building and try to create a supportive atmosphere where employees can feel free to learn.

Cons

Work hours can be a lot longer than standard business hours. The expectation is always to work until it is complete...even if you have to stay up in the wee hours of the night.

8. Walgreens

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Great company, good benefits, good conpensation

Cons

Just a little too much unknown with the European influence right now

Advice to Management

Better communication between corporate and retail stores.

9. great

Pros

nice environment and great co workers.

Cons

not enough pay, no work life balance

Advice to Management

nothing

10. Pharmacy

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Wildwood, MO
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Wildwood, MO

I have been working at Walgreens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pharmacy processing software is cutting edge.

Cons

Similar to any other retail pharmacy, challenges exist with continued budgeting commitments.

11. Senior Beauty Advisor

Current Employee - Senior Beauty Advisor Supervisor & Safety Committee Member in Riverbank, CA

I have been working at Walgreens (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company to get started in retail

Cons

Pay isn't so great. They have minimized much of the pay and cut a lot of positions.

Showing 5,636 of 5,743 reviews