Walgreens

Greg Wasson

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Employee Care

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWalgreens has many opportunities for employee growth.

ConsThe opportunities for growth has changed, the unconcern for their employees loss of income, bringing in new employees that don't care about our company for less money, instead of keeping the employees that have maintained a average or above average evaluation would actually help to strengthen the company. Training is expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee/ family concern, pay the employees that have proven themselves worthy they are the ones that have helped the company get where they are today. Family has no place at this point with Walgreens.

Mundane job, okay for temporary work

Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee)
Sarasota, FL

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

ProsI started of as a photo specialist at one of the retail stores. Overall it wasn't a bad job. The company offers health benefits and profit sharing to full time employees. If you move up to the photo department they increase your pay by a little bit. Overall its a decent temporary job while your in school or going to school, but I wouldn't do it for more than a couple of years.

ConsThe pay is lousy and the job is pretty mundane and routine. About what you would expect from a low level position. The scheduling is awful at times, you could end up being scheduled to work 7 or 8 days in a row and not get paid overtime because of how the work week breaks down. Your experience really depends on your manager. If he's laid back you won't have much issues, however, its a different story if he's a hard a**. Your experience can change at anytime as managers come and go. Oh and they only give you a $0.25 raise whether you bust your a** or just sit on it. Oh and if your thinking of trying to get promoted to an assistant manager, good luck with that. All the assistant managers I talked to were hired out of college or hired from other companies.

Understaffed, under paid, extreme stress. Store Mngmt hands tied of hiring more help.

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Store Management, team workers are like a family. They are flexible and work with your schedule.

ConsPay, stress levels, understaffed ALWAYS, demands of the company to "push things" on the patient that we don't have enough manpower to even offer good customer service to. It's beyond frustrating, not only for the workers but also the patients, who then in-turn get nasty with the already overwhelmed, under-staff workers. It's is an explosive environment asking for trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the higher up's, put your money where your mouth is. Customer Service is #1, then offer us the tools to provide it!

An ok place to work.

I have been working at Walgreens

ProsI would say Benefits and good pay for management. Flexible hours and a good place to learn a lot about retail management.com

ConsRude and nasty customers are the downside. Also, a lot of gossip goes on w/ the hourly employees. The biggest downside is its very corporate, so you really do have a lot of freedom to run your store a certain way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be a little more positive to associates. Take the time to say thanks more often.

Work at Walgreen, and quit after a few months.

I have been working at Walgreens

ProsThis is a good retail experience for a short period of time. They do provide good benefits and fair pay. It is nice to be able to work so closely with the customers and employees.

ConsOverworked and understaffed. No vacations on holidays. Daily changes handed down the chain. Not a fun environment. Bad music, customers, and daily tasks. Monotonous tasks get to you in time. I went to college to do more than stock shelves and move merchandise from here to there and back again.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more responsible approach to running a company is needed. With emphasis on the customer, not the dollar bill.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings in Sarasota, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.