Walker Marketing and Consultants

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Walker Marketing and Consultants CEO Brandon Walker

Brandon Walker

Client Coordinator

ProsThe great thing about this company is that they give you all the tools and proper training to succeed within the company. If you take advantage of all the resources and pay attention, you will do great in the company. If you work hard, I guarantee it will pay off! You have to stay motivated and be willing to learn, otherwise it won't work out.

ConsThere is really nothing negative to say about this company. I love that my family and friends are always invited to the team night events! It makes it a lot of fun!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the awesome team environment! It's truly awesome to work with such great people!

Entry Level Position

Entry Level Marketing (Current Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsVery professional group of people. Helpful when I needed anything, and great mentors. I started in the entry level position and as I proved I was responsible, I was given more responsibility. I really could not say enough praise about this company so far. Management truly knows what they are doing. They are encouraging to you as an individual and create an environment of collaboration among the team.

ConsI was initially apprehensive about the commute; but working in Dublin has proven to be a refreshing, and easy break from the fast paced city. I can't imagine working downtown ever again.

Advice to Senior Managementnone. Thank you.

Great business,talented employees & opportunities for advancement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe great thing about Walker Marketing is the fact that YOU are in charge of your future. The harder you work, the more organized you are, and the better you pay attention to detail, the quicker you will advance. Everyone on this team is always willing to help you out if you are struggling, including management,

ConsThe work/life balance and office culture is great. I really have nothing negative to say about this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep training your employees to be the best that they can be. The office nights are a great way for the whole team to bond and get to know one another outside of the office. Keep it up!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WM&C offers opportunities to develop leadership skills while working in a enthusiastic team atmosphere.

Client Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

Pros-Development of leadership skills
    -Effective training
    -Ability to create substantial income
    -Relatable management

Cons-Responsibility to meet weekly quotas

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest time and resources intro developing leaders within the company.

bad stay away

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Dublin, OH

Prosthe pros are none except the kicking the balls around in the environment room or whatever it sucks there don't apply.

Consmanipulation: you are brainwashed into working hard at making sure that everyone is unpaid except Brandon Walker stay away I warn you.

Advice to Senior Managementstop doing what you do and get a legal job

A growing company with room for advancement!

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsWalker Marketing is a team oriented work environment. It's nice actually being able to go to work and look forward to it! I learned so many valuable skills working with people one on one, and there are so many opportunities at Walker.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say about Walker Marketing.

Deceitful "job", if you can even call it a job.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsMost of the employees are nice, although brainwashed.

ConsThey will tell you upward mobility is quick, but don't believe them.
    -They tell you there's a base pay, but it's actually simply based on commission and you get $40 per app (not including tax). And trust me, most weeks you won't make even 10 sales. You do the math.
    -Sketchy management. Even when you get apps, half the time they cancel them and tell you the clients cancelled or the number was invalid.
    -You don't need a college degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying on your interviews, you're a sales company. You DON'T offer account manager, client coordinator, or account manager job positions. TruthfulIy and realistically t's door-to-door business sales. So stop being so deceitful. about how much you want to help people

Fun, hardworking environment

Client Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsI don't know what office these negative people are talking about, but the office I know is inviting, friendly and professional. It is an entry level position, so experience in the field is not required, but they don't hire just anybody. It takes a certain kind of person to do well at this position and if you find you aren't cut out to do this job, hey at least they gave you a shot to figure it out. There's no harm in that right? I find the traveling aspect of the job the best part. I haven't lived in Columbus for long so it's nice to be able to travel every day to a new part of Columbus. I have found so many awesome restaurants and retail stores that I would never have discovered if it weren't for this job.

Consit's not rocket science, but it does take a lot of time and hard work to hit your goals in this job.

Advice to Senior Managementthanks for the opportunity! The job shadow on the second interview is such a good idea because experience and first hand accounts are the best way to learn the job.

WM&C is very respectful and true to their word

Client Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Dublin, OH

ProsRight off the bat, I was told that WM&C is a people helping people business. I witnessed this on my full day job shadow on my second interview. What I didn't expect to see was that the "people helping people" attitude transferred to all areas of the job, even among employees. Even though it is a competitive office, the employees are always ready to help each other out.

Conssome downsides are the number of hours, but that may be just my personal preference.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for being up front with everything and the full day job shadow really gave me a clear idea of the job.

Client Coordinator

ProsI have been here for over 6 months and absolutely love it! First let me say that I have never had an issues are have been steered in the wrong direction. I averaged last month $1,500 + for the month of April and May before that was $1,000 +. I think I just have been sticking to what he management or leadership says and have had great success! I am a college grad with a degree and did not want to work with Corporate America simply because here at walker we interact with the CEO and other managers on a regular basis. There is not one thing that they couldn't coach me on that would probably explain why they are getting ready to expand to a 8th office.

ConsDon't make excuses and follow through. If you try to reinvent the structure or deviate from what you have been taught it will not work. I been here over 6 months and have seen people that work hard and I have seen the ones that complain and make excuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! I look up to you guys everyday and can't believe how much I have changed professionally in just over 6 months. To the CEO thanks for all that you do from one on ones to providing and perpetuating the opportunity!

Worked for Walker Marketing and Consultants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walker Marketing and Consultants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walker Marketing and Consultants CEO Brandon Walker . All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Walker Marketing and Consultants employees.