Walmart

2.9 7,234 reviews

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

7,234 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative"
    in 67 reviews
  • "distribution center) Very good pay (I've been working there for 2"
    in 158 reviews
Cons:
  • "Unless you've been there a while, the work life balance can be difficult"
    in 103 reviews
  • "Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available"
    in 272 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Change...

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Berlin, MD

ProsPay, Benefits, Always busy, room for growth

ConsLong hours, poor associate moral, lack of support from market team

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the stores more

Great team work in Work place

Help Desk Support (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsIT technician and networking with friend

ConsCommunication, looking for opportunities in life

Great opportunities

Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Goddard, KS

ProsMy managers, zone and assistant, are very kind and professional. They work with you when you have a schedule change request and are open to suggestions to make Walmart better. I like my job, my coworkers and managers create a fun, but professional environment. I feel like I have an excellent chance to move up in the company.

ConsBeing professional and polite to customers who are very challenging. They may be having a bad day, so I don't take it personally. Getting our jobs done is difficult because there are not enough workers to get it done. We are constantly getting pulled from our jobs to help in grocery and the check outs.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire enough people to get the job done. My departments would be a lot neater, well zoned and well stocked if we had enough people to help all over the store. To hire and retain quality workers you may need to raise the pay. We cannot find anyone to fill a spot in the apparel department. Our personnel coordinator says the last good one that applied, failed her drug test. The others seem to not have any work ethics. Turnover costs money, is it really cheaper than paying good employees a good wage, thus attracting more good employees?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Electronic sale associate

Pros-friendly associate
    -bonus every 3months. If the store don't have a lot of accident

ConsWhere do I begin.......
    - 10% discount!!!
    -they want you to go out your way for customers but don't pay you for it.
    -the store get bonus every 3 months, but it all depend on how good the store perform.
    - everything come down to managers. If we had great managers, then the store would e been better.
    -most of the time, I'm by myself to run the whole department ( cashier, sale associate, site to store, return).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being a boss and be a LEADER..

Walmart Dc are tough

Loader (Current Employee)
    Baytown, TX

ProsGood pay,benefits are good with even eye included. Incentive pay,family like structure

ConsWork is very demanding in most positions. Working in Texas DC can be grueling because of the temperature in the warehouse. High production requirements. Because of the family structure element workers can be clique oriented Did I mention the heat? Managers deal with bottom line instead of how hard the work can be Pay increases top after 3 yrs

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration were human and not machines. Get a better cooling system for in climate areas of the country. Pay raises should be higher and a longer duration of employment.

Promises not being met being strun along

ProsStable job, easy to do

ConsTaken advantage of, not friendly cant follow through

Advice to Senior ManagementDont promise positions you cant keep just to make someone work way past what they should without proper pay

Maintenance

Maintenance Associate (Current Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsThe biggest company in the world. Walmart is a great place to work. They have great policies and they take care of there employees.

ConsI feel that Walmart is a great company to work for. However, I feel that there are a lot of uneducated managers that do not know how to lead. That's the reason why I feel that Walmart gets a bad wrap. The managers I have work for treat the associates they like great and the ones they don't like like crap. Managers that get promoted in house usually were a favorite to another uneducated manager.

Nice people and fun to work with. But painfully understaffed and scheduling not good.

Deli Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Pella, IA

ProsCoworkers are alright to work with usually. Camaraderie develops over time. Usually the managers are friendly at least.

ConsPainfully understaffed. They kept promising they would hire more people, but they all quit, one of them because training was so rough because...well....we are so understaffed! Also, I agree with other reviews is that the scheduling is not particularly good.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people! Obviously, employee turnover is very expensive if you add up all of the costs. But it seems Walmart managers don't have any incentive to reduce turnover. They keep the place painfully understaffed, puts people in bad mood at times and sometimes people quit. Need to hire more people! Cutting corners may work in the short run but costly in the long run!

OK entry job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsStable job, OK medical insurance, clean and comfortable workplace. Employee discount.

ConsLow pay, physically demanding work, occasional work at night. Weekend work, family is affected.

Take a deep breath and keep a positive mindset.

ProsYou can pick you own hrs. They do hire from within.

ConsNever enough time to do the extras. This has to do with not enough coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to look closer a scheduling. 98% of the time there isn't enough coverage in any dept. Then they pull people to go some where else and that leaves another area even worse off than in the first place.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walmart CEO Doug McMillon. All 7,234 reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees.