Walmart

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

189 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great job

Receiving Associate (Former Employee)
    North Richland Hills, TX

ProsMove around and learn different things, discount on merchandise, benefits. Great to work here if you love to shop.

ConsNot enough pay for work put in, benefits not available till after one year of working, will hardly work with you on schedule. Not a career job but great as a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare some thank yous and show some respect to the people that work under you.

Great team work in Work place

Help Desk Support (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsIT technician and networking with friend

ConsCommunication, looking for opportunities in life

I am disappointed with what could have been a great opportunity.

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThis company offers good benefits in the logistics field.

ConsThe leadership sometimes lacks a clear vision and it is sometimes at the expense of Associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a finger on the pulse of your Associates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

just another job

Wal Mart Cashier (Current Employee)
    Balch Springs, TX

Prosmeeting new people,convenient for shopping

Consbad work ethics, no leadership, women are not valued

Too much brown nosing going on.

Walmart Cashier (Current Employee)
    McKinney, TX

ProsFlexible hours and profit sharing

ConsYou will probably get passed over by under-qualified associates on job opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to get to know who works for you, and treat them like a part of your team.

I've worked for Walmart since 2007 in multiple stores

Multiple (Current Employee)
    Little Elm, TX

ProsIt was an easy job to get when I needed a job right away. Learned things I can take with me out the door. Made me a stronger person who can take crap way better than I have ever been able to take it in my life.

I've gained experience as: cashier, sales associate, stocker, backroom inventory associate, Department Manger, Overnight Fresh, Walmart distribution center unloader, Customer Service Supervisor, Support Mananger, Front End Zone Supervisor.

The longer you endure walmart, by the time you get out of there, and make it out alive, you will be confident you can work ANYWHERE. You take so much of the very worst possible treatment, and endure so much armatures in charge, poor cooperate policy, and on and on, that you will be a walking pistol when you get out of there.

CONGRATULATIONS, if you endure walmart for a year +, you are one heck of a troop! At least that is the impression I got when I got my new job offer to work for a better company with a better associate retention rate, and higher pay. Like, they just know if you worked for Walmart for any real time you are not going anywhere any time soon! Nothing gets worst, it only gets better from there.

ConsSeems hard to get out the longer you stay. Low pay, poorly trained assistance managers that are not management material, horrible treatment, condescending, poor communication, lots of blame, degrading of associates by managers, high turnover rates, unreasonable goals, short staff always, oppressive environment. Constant call-ins, always being pulled out of your area to stock -- meaning you may be job coded as an Fresh associate, but you will be pulled out to stock other areas of the store and hardly be in your real area at all. Most assistant managers hate their job but keep it for pay as their duty to overlord and overwork and turnover staff so Walmart does not have to pay them benefits. Walmart is a foot on neck company with each level of management with their foot on the neck of the next.

Stay at Walmart, you will be driven to a low point. You forget you are worth more, can do more, can be more, should strive for more the longer you are in there.

For some reason, people who work at Walmart have bad teeth despite having dental cleanings free each year if in position long enough.

Work here only at your lowest point when there is no where else to work. And make it quick. Do not linger. I've been on both sides, I've formed relationships with higher managers. Most are not happy. Not a good place to work for anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementGosh, where do I begin. Actually, I'd have a whole lot of advice for the CEO and some words for Walton family. But I won't do that here.

Here is my short clip: Walmart will never learn its lesson about why it loses employees. They keep cutting associate pay through clipping them from the bottom line. Face it walmart, GOOD associates will not stay getting paid pennies. That is why they turnover. The only people sticking around are people who lived a very sheltered work life, perhaps those like me. Once people wake up, they will get out. You don't pay, your assistance managers and co managers turn over your already downed morale staff. Unhappy staff means poor customer service. You are a hypocrite, because you will NEVER have good customer service until you learn how to treat your staff. As long as they are not important enough for you to retain, your customers are not important! These are the FACTS! So stop lying and saying 'customers first'. It is the greedy Waltons wallet first. By the way, thanks for pocketing all that extra money. Your greed will soon speak the fate of the large giant. The bigger they are ...

THIS DOES NOT APPLY JUST TO LITTLE ELM STORE. I've worked in MULTIPLE store locations.

Zone Merchandise Supervisor

Zone Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe associates are good. The customers are always friendly. The company growth is great for the community. The prices are low.

ConsYou never really help the customer, cause the management want to store to change daily.... the salaries are not great for the hourly associates. The company will cut hours without notification. Management will talk negative and degrade you in a heart beat.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the pay grade so Associates can feel good about there jobs and to come to work. Please stop making major change with store daily. Let help the customer more. To many complaints about the store being so hot.... Please let stores have control over the AC

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Cashier

Wal Mart Cashier (Former Employee)
    Burleson, TX

ProsPeople were generally nice; easy to talk to supervisors

ConsDifficult people; pricematching; Sometimes managers didnt communicate effectively

superstore

Stocker (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

Prosgood value for your money

Conslong hours and short break

Advice to Senior Managementmore benefits

Lots of stress

Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat people and great communities.

ConsLots of stress. Management is disorganized and gives more work than enough time to complete

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walmart CEO Doug McMillon. All 189 reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees.