Walmart Reviews

Reset
1.1
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative (in 76 reviews)

• The work/life balance with the company is very flexible (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance with day shift schedule (in 183 reviews)

• I was not able to support myself with near full time hours at the base pay (in 374 reviews)

Need a better job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gladstone, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gladstone, MO

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other people working at my store are amazing. They are the only reason I haven't worked harder to find a different job. There are also a lot of different shifts you can work so it's good for single parents or people in school because they will work around your other obligations in most cases.

Cons

You work too hard for too little. You are paid barely over minimum wage to start with and they really work you. I and many of my coworkers are often thrown into departments we have no knowledge of and are not told or shown how to do the work. They also cut hours unexpectedly and drastically.

Advice to Management

Loosen up. One person can't do everything-don't expect so much and understand that your employees are only human.

2. They where never willing to work with my availability.

Former Employee - Events Assistant in Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Events Assistant in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co workers are amazing we are all very close its almost like a huge family. We all stuck up for each other during bad situations we had alot of deep conversations.

Cons

I have had a sexual harassment case that has not yet been settles its currently been 5 months sense the case was started I ended up quitting because the situation was getting worse every day. Management has kind of a "I don't care unless your a customer attitude". I worked in layaway, money center, cashier and services desk because I worked in so many areas of the front end my breaks were often skipped. I also had a work related injury and they wouldn't give me time off to go to the doctor. I was in the emergency room due to coughing up blood, I always going into surgery so when my mom found out she called my work for me, she explained the situation and they told her I still needed to call in not her and they hung up the phone when I was able to leave the hospital I went up there and gave them a note from my doctor. my boss was on lunch so I gave the note to another member of management and she said it wouldn't be counted as a no call no show. when I went to work after recovery My boss asked me why I haven't been showing up. I explained the situation and he shook his head and said he never got a note I told him what manager I handed the note to and he called her over to personal. when she showed up she looked at me than looked at him and lied and said she never got a doctors note.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees just because you are management does not mean you don't have to fallow the rules cooperate has set for the company. Walton is turning over in his grave right now. he would be very disappointed to see what this company has become.

Showing 2 of 12,209 reviews