Walmart

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A Waste of my time

Zone Manager (Former Employee)
    West Hills, CA

ProsGreat Associates who just want to provide for their families, customer focused with hopes of being recognized and promoted by the upper management team.

ConsYou are showered with the notion that the associates get quarterly bonuses for their hard work. I worked 3 yrs. and received 1 bonus. We were always told that all other expenses whether it be store accidents, equipment repairs come before the associates. If you speak up, you are looked at as a trouble maker. Management rather sit in the office than interact w/ customers & associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementSam Walton harnessed that associate/customer service/family friendly atmosphere. Where did it go?

Crap. pure Crap

Associate (Former Employee)
    Santa Clarita, CA

ProsFairly Decent pay, at the time. Paid vacation, sick time..

ConsRude People, Rude Managers, Not family oriented for the workers, Over worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about Promoting people who actually deserve to move up and not let, managers promote the people that will sleep with them to get ahead. Also, don't deny someone a possible promotion when they go on leave to care for a sick or elderly family member, and base it on, "you left to go do whatever" so I gave it to someone with less experience.

Associate

Associate (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsNone in my personal experience.

ConsSchedules change constantly, not enough hours, pressure from Assistants, and Management in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Human. Everything moves with the word "coaching"

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

worst company on the planet

Senior Director Human Resources (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosthey built the economy of communist china at the expense of the usa! yeah walmaet, number 1 retailer in the world but at what cost

Conshorrible organization. classic rich get richer, fraught with favortism, racism and incompetence.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people with respect, all people. take some of those ridiculous profits and provide people with a living wage

Not the best employer

Cart Attendant (Former Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

ProsNot very much if anything at all.

Constoo many managers to answer to. One will tell you to take a break because it's hot outside, I was a cart attendant, then the other would threaten to fire you because you were taking a break. It was less than a minute that I was taking a break.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne manager to a department and pay the employees more. Trust me, they will work harder if they are being paid more.

Walmart is a sad place

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Huntington Beach, CA

Pros- The only thing that would be a pro is the pay and benefits

- Oh and quitting that awful Assistant Manager job

- I never shopped at Walmart and never will

ConsI was recruited out of college (San Diego Area) and the interview was a complete joke. I left thinking "They are totally going to hire me because they need bodies and I have my degree, not because of my experience". I was correct and had never worked retail before and I can see why.

- Assistant Manager Training Program was a complete joke

- Very disrespectful trainers during the training program

- I was working with and in charge of people who never went to college or barely passed high

school. So basically everyone for the most part was a complete moron.

- Everyone is lazy and accountability is a joke

- Looooong 12 hour shifts that get old fast

- Working with people who need to work at Walmart and have no other choice.

- First day of working in the actual store felt like I wasn't suppose to be there. Nobody even

introduced themselves to me or had the decency to help me out when I didn't

know something.

- I knew more about the company and day to day operations than people that were there for 6+

years. Very Frightening atmosphere.

- Nobody is proactive at their job and playing catch up is a constant

- Very Stressful environment.

- Lots of walking around

- Most people that work at Walmart are collecting FOOD STAMPS ( you the taxpayer foot the

bill on this one ). The wages are not liveable

- Work/Life balance is terrible

- UNDERSTAFFING! That was probably the most stressful part. Cut labor costs and keep

prices low. Genius!

- All Walmarts profits in the billions are tucked away in bank accounts and not into their

employees or improved technology for the business. Busy pleasing the shareholders and

upgrading their vacation homes

- The computer or SMART system as Wally World calls it is a dinosaur from decades ago

which is extremely slow and takes hours just to schedule people which is very inefficient

- Everyone is FAT and disgusting

- Same tasks to do every single day and nothing ever changes. Hardly a challenging job

- I could go on and on but I can't stand thinking of this company anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice for them.

Terrible!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Santa Clarita, CA

ProsIt's a paying job, although they don't pay much.

ConsLittle to no communication between members of management. If one decides they don't like you, it seems like they almost try to make your experience there miserable. I keep getting screwed out of breaks somehow or another. Management pretends like they care by staging these "listen to ten" meetings, though it's quite evident that they don't bother to listen to the ten employees they bring in for each meeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees instead of just pretending to care. Communicate better with each other. Oh and when an employee tells you they can't work certain hours, maybe take that into consideration when making the schedules...?

overnight maintenance

Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee)
    West Hills, CA

Prosnot having to deal with companies

Conscompany does not care about its employees

shop target

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Santa Clarita, CA

Prossome of my co workers seemed nice

Cons"be sure to look at you customer, smile, and say 'thank you for shopping at walmart'' blah!

Advice to Senior Managementna

Everything bad you hear about them is true.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Lancaster, CA

ProsI loved working with my colleagues. 10% discount was also good, along with employee discounts at other companies.

ConsIf you're not a manager, or over-night associate, you don't get full time hours or benefits. At any given time, you're expected to do your job x 2 or 3 people's, due to purposeful understaffing to increase store profit. i.e. I was instructed one night to run Electronics, Photo, and Connection Center by myself for 4 hours. Time off requested months in advance doesn't get approved. (Not family oriented, like they say.) Sexual harrassment allowed. Illegal practices...the list goes on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the way google runs their company. Make Walmart a place where people actually enjoy working there, and not regret going to work everyday. After all, Walmart does employ a large percentage of Americans, and more people would actually shop there, if they enjoyed the experience, not just the low prices. Put Sam Waltons ideas back to use, and sell more products that are actually MADE in America. Help the economy Walmart! Stop destroying it.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!

Walmart Videos

Walmart – Why Work for Us?

Our Businesses Our mission is to save people money so they can live better. And every division, business unit and department that makes up Walmart is committed to using our company’s size and scale to make the biggest… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walmart reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walmart CEO Doug McMillon. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by Walmart employees.