Walmart Reviews

2.9
8,163 Reviews

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative (in 72 reviews)

• Lot of room for advancement up to the salary level, nice schedule for management (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • With new schedule your Work/life balance is very poor with very little weekends off (in 152 reviews)

• Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available (in 342 reviews)

More Highlights

Assistant Store Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Houghton, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houghton, MI

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good salary. Great people to work with. Plenty of job security. One of the best companies out there today.

Cons

Being in management.......salary, sometimes you have to put in a long shift.

Always remember, it is the people that work for Walmart that continues the success, not just low prices.

Walmart Response

Jun 2, 2014Careers Representative

Thank you for sharing you experience as an Assistant Store Manager and for your 10 years of servant leadership. We often find that leaders who value people (both customers and associates) are most ... More

its okkay

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker  in  White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in White Plains, NY

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

clock in and clock out

Cons

They are horrible people. They need to treat they workers with dignity

overnight stocker using a telxon to find the location of items and stock shelves, getting freight from the back

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker  in  Presque Isle, ME
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Presque Isle, ME

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

good crew to work with and the only bad question if the unasked one every one is friendly and very helpful, and friendly

Cons

Low pay for a large company that make a lot of money each year, and the lack of benefits to the employees

Show me how to do the stocking quicker than what I do

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Princeton, IN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Princeton, IN

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You work with some good people.

Cons

Pay is not good. No room for advancement except if you kiss the bosses butt. You work your butt off to find out you get your hours cut but people who don't want to work get the hours. New people get better shifts while you get bumped to work bad shifts. Most managers at my store are a joke.

Treat your employees better. Promote the people who want to move up and work there butt off. Your management teams at my store show to much favoritism

Great people, but I have a feeling store is not doing well with the no changes from management and will not last long.

Current Employee - Produce Associate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Produce Associate in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great, knowledgeable, hard-wokring staff. I love the actual physically of my job and the reputation of a great produce section in my county in comparison to other supermarkets.

Cons

Too many bosses. I Still have questions about benefits after 4 months, My pay is not as high as I would like for the physical nature of the job.N. Not enough full-time employees or even opportunities to move up to full time.

Eliminate some of the unnecessary bloat at management and use it to hire full-time workers who actually know how to run there department, rather just just a tiny bit about each department- the store is too big for that kind of management,

Deserves a much better reputation than given.

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unless you're a college graduate, Wal-Mart's pay and benefits are equal if not better than most entry level jobs - medical, sales..etc.

Cons

I would say the "it's only Wal-Mart" mindset held by some associates and customers as well who are unaware that most Wal-Mart employees probably make more than they do. Only the name changes. Companies are all the same...get the most work out of as few employees as possible...pay just enough salary to ensure their annual bonus checks aren't affected.

Verbal communication was encouraged. Wal-Mart even had a no-gossip rule. Termination was the penalty. How many places have you worked where an attempt to cut down on gossip/negativity was enforced? I work for a top Healthcare organization and the gossip and negativity is thick enough to cut with a knife.

It was a great experience

Current Employee - Walmart Cashier  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Walmart is a great company that you can actually move in as long as you work hard and keep your business to yourself and stay at out walmart drama.

Cons

You literally work like a slave for an amount of hourly pay that doesn't come close to the work that you put in but you can move up if your dedicated.

Management our over stressed and need to stop putting their anger and frustration out on their employees.

It was very easy.

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

Always make sure their employees are well rested. Good lunch breaks and break times. The work was simple as a cashier. Once you got the hang of things you really got to work individually.

Cons

You do not get set schedules no matter how long you work there you will never have set hours or days you work. Everything will always be random.

Try to get set hours for employees who have worked for awhile. Flexibility between company and employers need to be brought to attention.

Best and brightest

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fortune 1 company. Values are consistent throughout the organization. Do no believe everything you read unless you've worked for the company, the information you receive in the media is by perception or 2nd hand information. Some of the smartest, innovative people I have worked with in my career. Focused on apparel, but through the information we received regarding the other businesses, I was able to learn more about other industries.

Cons

Health care benefits could be improved but based on the recent announcements looks like they are addressing the issues.

Continue to focus on the strengths of the team and the organizations. Pay attention to the Alibaba's and others like them. Continue to trust your employees and in turn continue to inform them of the company strategies.

Perfect college job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexibility, growth, show up do your job well and you'll be rewarded.

Cons

co-workers can be very difficult to work with.

hire better staff

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!