Walmart

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.9 7,474 reviews

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative (in 68 reviews)

• Lot of room for advancement up to the salary level, nice schedule for management (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • With new schedule your Work/life balance is very poor with very little weekends off (in 122 reviews)

• Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available (in 304 reviews)

More Highlights
7,474 Employee Reviews

Walmart

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Garland, TX

ProsI believe Walmart is a good place to work out. The reason i believe this is most of your coworkers are willing to put in equal effort. The environment in Walmart is amazing. Working with Walmart gives one a sense of freedom that makes working for Walmart seem like it's a respectable establishment.

ConsI believe there are a few cons to working in Walmart like , once in a while you take on a double shift or work by yourself.

Intense

Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) Heath, OH

ProsIf you want to always be busy. Walmart is a place for you

ConsDepending on the store the management will give you a bunch of tasks that are basically impossible to get finished in the time your shift is over and get upset with you when you don't complete the tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't pack on more than an associate can handle

It was amazing and very accommodating I loved it there, epecially the atmosphere

Remodeler/Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee) West Hills, CA

ProsThe environment is friendly, and clean. There is a lot of room for promotions and such. They work with your school schedule or whatever other accommodations you may need. The hours are good, and you get raises often.

ConsHaving a heavy workload, and dealing with some unruly customers. Overnight hours are a lot if you are a stocker.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IMS

IMS (Current Employee) Tyler, TX

ProsFast pace job, at first I was not ready for the challenge.

ConsNeed more of a pay this job is very physical especially when you start pulling on the heavier stuff and in the freezers.

Outstanding opportunity to go from entry level associate to manager and beyond.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsTraining consists of on the job and computer based learning opportunities. Affordable medical insurance, bonuses, scholarships for college students, GED reimbursement and paid vacation as well as paid personal time off. If you want to move to be closer to family, attend college, or just make a fresh start you can transfer your job to a location nearby. If you are looking for a company with growth opportunity this is it.

ConsMost associates start off as part time. Like most organizations there are both good and bad managers. New associate schedules can be a bit random and you may have to work both early mornings and closing shifts within the same week. In addition, days off can also be random so it makes it difficult to plan appointments or other arrangements more than a few weeks out.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with one another so that you can utilize your workforce in the most effective way. Remember you were once an associate so treat your team as you would like to have be treated.

It was a good learning experience.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, they are good with your working hours, they train before goin on the job, meeting and working new people

ConsDealing with really rude people, not enough people to do a job, working on holidays, loud noises, messy people, pay

love

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

Prosexcellent and awesome love this job

ConsI have nothing bad to say about this job what so ever

Love it.

Toy Associate (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThat I love to get money and more. That we will love to see a lot of people I know.

ConsThey do a lot for me and now they will work there all the time. That everyone will change us.

!I loved it!

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEveryone is nice and helpful. I learned a lot!

ConsIt was difficult to get shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the employees more and motivate them. They really shape the experiences of customers.

Enjoyed working there

Department Manager- Walmart (Former Employee) Logan, UT

ProsIn my experience, working at Walmart was great. I know a lot of former employees gripe about it. But just as long as you're doing your job, show up on time, and show an interest in moving up in the company, it can happen.

ConsTheir insurance was astronomical. I couldn't pay for it, considering I was the sole provider.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!