Walmart Reviews

Reset
2.4
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative (in 76 reviews)

• The work/life balance with the company is very flexible (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance with day shift schedule (in 183 reviews)

• I was not able to support myself with near full time hours at the base pay (in 374 reviews)

1. Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a fun experienc job great cow workers great hours and also pay

Cons

The mangers are crap .... if they dont like you they cut your hours

Advice to Management

If you get it dont be scared to speak your mind always stand up for yourself

2. check out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jumping Br, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jumping Br, WV

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was flexable and easy to work with. I learned a lot through the experience and will be a better person through this.

Cons

My hours were long and at times stressful. The people were sometimes not nice. I had to oversee everything.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate of how the employee feels about the situation. The customer is always first but with reason, help is sometimes needed.

3. Meh

Current Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate in Oak Hill, WV
    Current Employee - Jewelry Sales Associate in Oak Hill, WV

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better pay than most retail stores Bonuses every 3 months Employee discount card

Cons

No work - life balance Unbelievable stress Management is always stressed out Fitting room and jewelry counter have a ton of work to do and are expected to answer every incoming call There is a constant demand at Walmart and customers will irritate the life out of you Employees are stressed out and grouchy

Advice to Management

Stop expecting so much from your employees. Most managers started out as an hourly employee so they should understand what amount of stress we're under and give us a break. Most act like they honestly do not care about the wellbeing of their employees.

Overnight Stocker

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Granville, WV
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Granville, WV

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, most other employees are cool to work with and its easy to work with the manager if you need to switch from days to nights and vice versa or if you need a day or two off once in awhile.

Cons

Too many managers on days that often results in conflict with assigned tasks, and being an overnight sticker can be exhausting depending on which department you are stocking. I have stocked as many as 18 pallets totalling up to 20,000lbs of pet freight in one night by myself.

6. cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Keyser, WV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Keyser, WV

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

customers were very pleasant and I enjoyed working for the company,

Cons

the only thing that I have found is that there were never a time you felt you would have a secure position, because you were never offered full time and the hours would be cut where you had to explore other routes to to make more money to be able to survive.

Advice to Management

try to give everyone a fair amount of hours to satisfy the employees, to continue to work for this company.

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Charleston, WV

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Decent pay. great associates, good training program, good benefits, lots of room for advancement if you get a good store manager

Cons

Work 4 10 hour days, off 2 days rotating schedule make work and home life difficult. Required to extra days for inventory and holidays, Not enough help to get everything done

Advice to Management

Listen to associates, they have great ideas. Need more help

OKAY

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Delray, WV
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Delray, WV

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work isn't too bad

Cons

The work is pretty hard

Advice to Management

change the work load

Walmart has given me several opportunities to advance in my career.

Current Employee - Co Manager in New Martinsville, WV
    Current Employee - Co Manager in New Martinsville, WV

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, schedule, salary, vacation time, family values

Cons

Accountability of associates and management

Legal Slavery...

Former Employee - Inventory Management Specialist in Kimball, WV
    Former Employee - Inventory Management Specialist in Kimball, WV

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you don't have anywhere else to turn for work, a paycheck or two from these slave drivers is about the extent of the tolerance threshold. Then again, I do hold a B.S. Degree in Engineering, and had to live on mere cents above minimum wage. They don't respect education, and won't acknowledge employee expertise unless the company was involved in the said education.

Cons

Lifting heavy merchandise is about the sum of the "hard" work, everything else an ape could be trained to do, except maybe the money counting etc. (Math). Every manager thinks they are a rock stars because they are part of management of the company. It gets downright appalling sometimes. Makes you want to avoid these individuals because they are over dramatic about everything, and think they are busier than the President of the United States, when really the extent of this "busy time" is talking and gossiping about everything and everybody. Every time you need one, you always find them when they are not busy for some strange reason.

Advice to Management

Advice? Don't make me laugh! With managers that can't get past their ego enough to know when they are wrong or make a mistake, I honestly don't think they would take advice from anyone. Money is the number one thing that is important to this company, which is good business, but they don't care about other things along with the money. It shows too much. I seen people get fired for things that were so trivial it was stupid. I finally figured it out, and it made me sick. If you get high up in your position, or get too many years under your belt, the company will look for reasons to fire you, because they can always hire someone to do your job at a discount when you do get fired. I seen way to many times to be a coincidence. That is just not good business. No wonder they are loosing their position as a major retailer.

11. My review

Former Employee - Walmart Sales Associate in Barboursville, WV
    Former Employee - Walmart Sales Associate in Barboursville, WV

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It actually helps to understand how hard the people at Walmart work together.

Cons

Dealing with my assistant manager in Lawn and Garden

Advice to Management

When you first hire someone try to get them certified and ready for everything that they need to use or might use in the store. Before sending out on the sales floor.

Showing 29 of 12,808 reviews