Walmart

Walmart Reviews in Wisconsin

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative(in 68 reviews)

• Lot of room for advancement up to the salary level, nice schedule for management(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • With new schedule your Work/life balance is very poor with very little weekends off(in 122 reviews)

• Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available(in 304 reviews)

103 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Run, don't walk!

Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsManagement has no respect for employees and overloads them with work they cannot possibly finish in the time alotted. Many immature and cognitively challenged employees there. Many co-worders take management's lead in treating peers with utter disrespect and are extreemely rude and childish. Some of them work like mindless drones for a company that has no regard for them. Very low pay. NO right way to do things, everyone tells you a different way it should be done, so you cannot win no matter what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Stop being arrogant and condesending with them. Fire those employees that connot treat thier peers with common decency, they are only driving the good employees away. Raise the pay, don't work people into the ground. Some changes will save you quite a lot of time spent hiring new people to replace all those that leave right away after learning what it is like there.

nightmare

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prosgood compensation after I worked my way to management.

ConsLow wages, no benefits and bad treatment to those who come in everyday to work hard.

Advice to Senior Managementchange

Horrible Management

Produce (Former Employee) Chilton, WI

ProsDiscount was okay, some co-workers were good

ConsManagement was horrible. I was a college student and when the semesters changed (along with my class schedule) my manager said "too bad, we're not changing your hours here." I went to upper management and explained that I am available different (and better for them) hours but he said it wasn't his job to deal with my problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

growth has been stymied! The glass ceiling is available to anyone!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Geneva, WI

ProsINSURANCE and a job with no future!

ConsLack of opportunity!
    Poor resolve to problem solving!
    NO justification for dept manager roles.
    poor communications in general inside the organization.
    Nepotism runs rampant!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together when hiring and firing! Know your associates by what they have done outside of Walmart and by who they are in general. The company is losing focus on the individual and their strengths.

An excellent opportunity to gain experience

Support Manager (Current Employee) Racine, WI

ProsThe advancement opportunities are excellent for those willing to go just a little bit beyond expectations and those that can take charge and really own the area they r working

ConsHealth benifits are kind of a joke

Trained you well, but little advancement scope

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tomah, WI

ProsThey will train you to do whatever position you go for, but you dont get a sense of being able to advance at all within the company for a very long time

Consyou dont get a sense of being able to advance at all within the company for a very long time

Decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Menomonie, WI

ProsGain great customer experiences, great people to work with and great discount.

ConsWork schedule can be hectic at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue embracing diversity where it has power to the store's success.

I hate the work, but I'm trying to work my way up-maybe I'll like it then:P

Walmart (Current Employee) La Crosse, WI

ProsThe pay is a bit more than anywhere else and you're eligible for a raise every year. You also get paid vacation depending on how many hours you work which is super nice!

ConsThe certain people I work with, I don't enjoy. One of the managers ALWAYS makes me feel like I'm not doing work fast enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more raises:)

ok

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prospay is actually pretty good compared to other retailers

Consmanagement team sucks and needs to have more trust in their employees

Advice to Senior Managementneeds to show their employees that they actually care about them and not treat.them as dirt

Just a Job

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Hudson, WI

ProsIt is an easy place to acquire a job, but the working conditions are lack-luster at best. I would recommend this sort of job to young college students.

ConsManagement quality is lacking heavily, Your performance goes largely unnoticed by anyone above you, Customers are always blaming you for something being wrong even if it is not your department, and don't expect reviews to go over well because they don't make you feel good no matter how good you actually do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could pay more attention to how hard employees are working and support those who work harder. Ever since Sam passed away this company has changed and its not run the way Sam would have wanted it.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!