Walser Reviews

1. Don't trust a word they say

Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Walser

Pros

Great benefits. They really do put family first. Flexible scheduling. Great co-workers, but lots of negativity towards the job (pay vs. expectations and workload)

Cons

First, complete lack of communication. I would come in at my scheduled time, and they had changed several processes overnight, but would not communicate that to the associates. Second, the service department prices services at whatever they think they can get away with, then reduces the prices back down if they get too many complaints. Finally, when they terminated me (for good cause, I will admit) I was offered immediate termination OR I could resign with 1 week of severence. I of course took the severence pay. When I applied for unemployment, thought, Walser DENIED that I was told that I would be terminated if I did not resign.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Do what you say you will do. Tell the truth.

Jul 23, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Dear Former Walser Employee, Walser always strives to provide a positive work environment and employee satisfaction. We are always looking for new ideas and ways to stay number one in the ... More

2. Phone Specialist

I worked at Walser part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with your hours as long as you are able to make your numbers. Very clear on what is expected of you.

Cons

Company is nice to work for but management picks favorites and if you are a favorite you will make it in the company and move up but if you are not a favorite you will stay in your position and eventually quit or be forced to quit.

Jul 23, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Dear Former Walser Employee, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time spent with us. When there is an individual that has shown the ability to grow in their position ... More

3. Yup

Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Walser

Pros

Good benefits ok pay scale

Cons

Can be too many sales guy depends on what store you're at

Advice to Management

Don't over hire

Jul 23, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Dear Former Walser Employee, Thank you for being a part of the Walser sales team. We appreciate the time you spent assisting our customers with their vehicle needs. It’s never our intention to ... More

Under appreciated.

Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Walser

Pros

Getting to drive the cars around was the best part.

Cons

Low pay, dont work the promised amount of hours, feeling of unappreciation.

6. They have some great people that work there

Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Hopkins, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Hopkins, MN

I worked at Walser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales always has fun people. Everyone is outgoing to a point and everyone becomes friends while you are working together. You made good money if you hit the spiffs and numbers as a team but I spent it all when I would go out to happy hour or eat out every day because that was the culture.

Cons

From the experience I had at CJD there were favorites. If the GM liked you, you were promoted. Policies in Walser didn't have people get promoted at their own store but while I was there two CM's were promoted because that is what the GM wanted. The interviewers, from my experience, will tell you anything you want to hear to get you in. i.e. 6 month career path to management, Numbers based promotion to HR, MGMT, etc. All this was fabrication. From a moral point of view they are still a dealership, they may not negotiate on price but they will on rate, trade ins, locates, etc.

Advice to Management

Part ways with upper management at Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. He is not a leader, motives with fear, does not understand a millennial workforce in which you are currently staffing as almost 100% of your staff.

Unless you're middle management or above, they don't care about you.

I have been working at Walser

Pros

Coworkers are great. Everyone tries to make the best out of things. Hours and pay aren't terrible starting out. Union benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Management just tried to line their own pockets by taking credit for everyone else's hard work. If you're not easily controllable, they will find things to write you up for and get you potentially fired.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees. They're doing the main jobs around the dealership. If they have some suggestions on how to make things better, stop blowing them off.

8. Service Advisor

Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR
    Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR

I worked at Walser

Pros

The hours were good and they offered comprehensive benefits. I cannot compare what was contributed to the price of the benefits though.

Cons

Lack of communication up and down in the company.

Advice to Management

Evaluate people and performance on more than numbers.

9. Good Company so far. Lots of pressure!

Current Employee - Customer Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist

I have been working at Walser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Upbeat place to work. Pay is ok. Nice to get hourly. Would like to see more hourly pay. Bonuses are not as good as expected and more hourly pay would be nice. Most of the senior senior management is very nice and supportive. Lower senior management, not so much. Seems like if you want to advance here and make more money, the opportunity will be there!

Cons

Way to much pressure and felt like I was constantly under a microscope. Feel like some of senior managements expectations are a bit to high at times. If you make a mistake, you will hear about it and it WILL cost you!

Advice to Management

Understand new people are new people! They do not know the process and are there to learn it. Stop being so overly critical & making judgements of people who just started. I like the job but feel some management is way overly critical & judgemental. Stop expecting us to be perfect robots! We are there to learn and make money. We aren't there to be constantly questioned over whether or not we believe in the product and the sales process! Of course we do or we wouldn't be there! We are human beings and we will make mistakes and it would be nice to not feel like we're always walking on pins and needles.

10. Life is short, Work someplace awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Edina, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Walser Automotive Group is a great company for growth and career opportunities. Once you are an employee they give you all the tools you need to succeed. They have training, career development paths and promote from within before looking to the outside. The culture is one of team work and servant leadership. No "Ivory tower" at this company. You will see the owners and senior team members working in the service drives, sitting down with employees and even removing snow off vehicles when needed. The Walser Foundation is amazing. Walser gives 5% of their earnings to local non-profits. It’s nice to have the ability to volunteer my time to these great causes and have my company support me by allowing the time off and even giving me PTO for volunteering mine and my family’s time. I would say all in all that I am very lucky to work for such a great company and I plan on staying for a long time.

Cons

The only “con” I can think of, (which really isn’t a con) would be the constant change. Walser is always changing and growing to ensure they are the leader in the market place. You must be willing to accept change and know that it’s for the growth and good of the company. If don’t do well with change you will struggle at this company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Service Advisor

Current Employee - ServiceAdvisor in Hopkins, MN
    Current Employee - ServiceAdvisor in Hopkins, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Immediate dept. Co-workers at the dealership store level are friendly, and for the most part helpful. However, the farther up the food chain (Management) will burn you at the stake if it means them being held accountable for any mistakes made by 'New Hires'. Unless, of course you do something that is positive...in which case they are first in line to take credit !!!...

Cons

'Training'...if that's what you call it! Has a lot to be desired. Especially after your in the designated location. Simple orientation procedures are NON-Existent although this ONE of SEVERAL points the recruiters and HR staff boast about once they feel you are a proper WALSER candidate! Make sure ALL of your compensation questions are CLEARLY answered & understood before you've committed to the position...they have a strange way of changing once your on boarded and have worked a few weeks. I was very hopeful and excited to start with this employer, until it became painfully obvious to me and my fellow 'New Hire' co- workers, that they love to sell 'the sizzle', and not 'the steak'. In other words, there is a lot of window dressing taking place with regards to Corp. image and 'CORE VALUES'. On a side note. Personally, I'm note one who is in the habit of 'bashing' a company publicly or on social media. However, my experience with this company can not go ignored. EMPLOYEE BEWARE...!

Advice to Management

Take as much MANAGEMENT training as you can get...It's really needed on every level and for every position.

RSS Feed </> Embed