Walser

Updated March 3, 2015
Updated March 3, 2015
3.3

Paul Walser and Andrew Walser

Good Company so far. Lots of pressure!

Current Employee - Customer Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist

I have been working at Walser full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Upbeat place to work. Pay is ok. Nice to get hourly. Would like to see more hourly pay. Bonuses are not as good as expected and more hourly pay would be nice. Most of the senior senior management is very nice and supportive. Lower senior management, not so much. Seems like if you want to advance here and make more money, the opportunity will be there!

Cons

Way to much pressure and felt like I was constantly under a microscope. Feel like some of senior managements expectations are a bit to high at times. If you make a mistake, you will hear about it and it WILL cost you!

Understand new people are new people! They do not know the process and are there to learn it. Stop being so overly critical & making judgements of people who just started. I like the job but feel some management is way overly critical & judgemental. Stop expecting us to be perfect robots! We are there to learn and make money. We aren't there to be constantly questioned over whether or not we believe in the product and the sales process! Of course we do or we wouldn't be there! We are human beings and we will make mistakes and it would be nice to not feel like we're always walking on pins and needles.

Service Advisor

Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR
    Former Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR

I worked at Walser

Pros

The hours were good and they offered comprehensive benefits. I cannot compare what was contributed to the price of the benefits though.

Cons

Lack of communication up and down in the company.

Evaluate people and performance on more than numbers.

Life is short, Work someplace awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Edina, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Walser Automotive Group is a great company for growth and career opportunities. Once you are an employee they give you all the tools you need to succeed. They have training, career development paths and promote from within before looking to the outside.

The culture is one of team work and servant leadership. No "Ivory tower" at this company. You will see the owners and senior team members working in the service drives, sitting down with employees and even removing snow off vehicles when needed.

The Walser Foundation is amazing. Walser gives 5% of their earnings to local non-profits. It’s nice to have the ability to volunteer my time to these great causes and have my company support me by allowing the time off and even giving me PTO for volunteering mine and my family’s time.

I would say all in all that I am very lucky to work for such a great company and I plan on staying for a long time.

Cons

The only “con” I can think of, (which really isn’t a con) would be the constant change. Walser is always changing and growing to ensure they are the leader in the market place. You must be willing to accept change and know that it’s for the growth and good of the company. If don’t do well with change you will struggle at this company.

Keep it up!

Service Advisor

Current Employee - ServiceAdvisor in Hopkins, MN
    Current Employee - ServiceAdvisor in Hopkins, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Immediate dept. Co-workers at the dealership store level are friendly, and for the most part helpful. However, the farther up the food chain (Management) will burn you at the stake if it means them being held accountable for any mistakes made by 'New Hires'. Unless, of course you do something that is positive...in which case they are first in line to take credit !!!...

Cons

'Training'...if that's what you call it! Has a lot to be desired. Especially after your in the designated location. Simple orientation procedures are NON-Existent although this ONE of SEVERAL points the recruiters and HR staff boast about once they feel you are a proper WALSER candidate!
    Make sure ALL of your compensation questions are CLEARLY answered & understood before you've committed to the position...they have a strange way of changing once your on boarded and have worked a few weeks. I was very hopeful and excited to start with this employer, until it became painfully obvious to me and my fellow 'New Hire' co- workers, that they love to sell 'the sizzle', and not 'the steak'. In other words, there is a lot of window dressing taking place with regards to Corp. image and 'CORE VALUES'.

On a side note. Personally, I'm note one who is in the habit of 'bashing' a company publicly or on social media. However, my experience with this company can not go ignored. EMPLOYEE BEWARE...!

Take as much MANAGEMENT training as you can get...It's really needed on every level and for every position.

Very happy I work here

I have been working at Walser full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with a newly remodeled office, mom-friendly, fast-paced, employee appreciation and celebration, family feel, lots of opportunities for community involvement, ongoing training. If you have a new idea to make the company better, management will listen to that and work with you. They want customers happy and they want employees happy so they take feedback seriously.

Cons

I really can't think of anything that has disappointed me so far.

Keep up the good work.

Walser Response

Jan 21, 2015Recruiting Manager

Dear Current Employee,

Thank you for your kind words and dedication to our company. We are lucky to have employees like you that bring new ideas to the table to assist with our growth and
    ... More

A gret place to learn the process of how to sell new and used cars

Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Walser full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Processes are very clean and highly automated.

Cons

Pay structure changed to a $17.31/hour which took away all the opportunities to eran extra income. Highly micro managed.

Stop the smothering micro-management

Walser Response

Jan 21, 2015Director of Recruiting

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback and your 10 plus years of hard work. Walser strives to provide the best employee and customer experience possible. In order to stay ahead of
    ... More

Car business is tough, especially at a non-negotiating dealer

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Walser

Pros

High base wage keeps people around for a bit

Cons

Very high goals make it virtually impossible to bonus. I've made a $250 bonus once in the last 12 months.

Don't set sales people up for failure by setting high goals and expecting a 40% service contract attachment rate.

Satisfying and great work environment.

Current Employee - Receptionist in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Chance for growth. The company has many volunteering opportunities. Great staff to work with, 5% club, discounts are nice.

Cons

Pay is not what it should be. Not many opportunities for advancement.

OK company

Current Employee - Detailer in South Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Detailer in South Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free food on mondays, weekly pay, paid holidays, paid vacation, and fairly easy job

Cons

management sucks, dont really enjoy working night shift, and sometimes cars come really dirty and takes hrs to clean.

An amazing place to start your sales career!

Current Employee - Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job was a fantastic way to gain sales experience and learn how to work with people. It is sales so of course there's a "pressure" but its a very healthy pressure I'd say and a rather encouraging in a team oriented way. You definitely cannot slack off but if you like people, can learn from what they teach, and just have fun its easy to sell people what they need.

Good work-life balance
    Consistent work
    Great pay and starting pay
    The company donates to great local charities
    Monthly bonuses
    Steady hourly base
    Consistent training
    Rewards for learning certain training
    And you can learn as you go

Cons

Being very team oriented and wanting to beat regional competitors cause management at times to care more about the sale then your lunch at times. You for sure will eat, but if you want to make a good commission and make management happy then take care of your client.

Having a scheduled break on Saturdays when it gets busy would be fantastic so that we have more energy to sell.