Walser

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Walser – Hopkins – “HR”

Walser – Hopkins – “HR”

Paul Walser

An amazing place to start your sales career!

Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsThis job was a fantastic way to gain sales experience and learn how to work with people. It is sales so of course there's a "pressure" but its a very healthy pressure I'd say and a rather encouraging in a team oriented way. You definitely cannot slack off but if you like people, can learn from what they teach, and just have fun its easy to sell people what they need.

Good work-life balance
    Consistent work
    Great pay and starting pay
    The company donates to great local charities
    Monthly bonuses
    Steady hourly base
    Consistent training
    Rewards for learning certain training
    And you can learn as you go

ConsBeing very team oriented and wanting to beat regional competitors cause management at times to care more about the sale then your lunch at times. You for sure will eat, but if you want to make a good commission and make management happy then take care of your client.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a scheduled break on Saturdays when it gets busy would be fantastic so that we have more energy to sell.

Innovative

General Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsI spent 11 years with the company and it was a great place to work. People made this company great! I was given opportunities I would of not been given anywhere else. It was proven to be a great training ground for my career now.

ConsI went through four MAJOR changes within a company. If you are concern about stability of income the car business may not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve your employees in developing their own destiny. Allow for errors and provide positive coaching and development.

Sales

ProsTraining available. Great place to start

ConsLong hours. Sales reps are also expected to do P& L resulting in a longer sales process and less opportunity to sell vehicles. Very high goals to get bonus. Benefits are very expensive as company is small

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible

ServiceAdvisor (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsGood entry level job if you want to learn more about the automotive industry, as well as ADP technology.

ConsCompany does not train new employees well, poor communication, as well as hostile work environment and low pay. Company shows utter disregard for their employees and cares only about making its bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementCultivate your employees to grow within the company, and take serious action against workplace harassment and pay your employees their actual worth.

Your just a warm body

Customer Specialist (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsThey pay you 17.31 an hour no matter how many cars you sell.

ConsHealth insurance is 1200 a month for family coverage.
    No bonus money until you sell 12.5 cars in a month
    Next to impossible to get a Saturday off-
    No accessory bonus until you sell 3k worth of products which then gets you a measley 250.00

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to realize making employees pay almost 33% of there monthly pay for insurance is insane, you are becoming the Walmart of the car business because the turnover ratio is over 150% now cause you dont care one bit about employees. Sooner or later your farce of being a dealership that cares will be shown you dont care. Its all about fattening your bottom line.

Walser is a great place to work in which hard work is appreciated

Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) (Former Employee) Brooklyn Park, MN

ProsGood people to work with and a fun relaxed environment. People work hard when it comes down to it and have fun at the same time.

ConsSome managers are fairly harsh and the sales people are clearly at the bottom of the food chain.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay sales people more

Nice people at our dealership but pay for new employees is terrible for bad hours

Customer Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsNo haggle pricing is nice because you do not need to make customers overpay for their vehicle. Many employees are nice and helpful.

ConsYou know the family that owns it is doing great but new employees go thru a long "training period" that robs them of bonuses and additional sources of income. After the training period they give a test to see if you can sell cars their way even though you have already been required to sell 50 of them. Test can be used as a way to get rid of people they dislike simply by failing them, thereby restricting their earning potential. I would never think of this company as a long term career but you can get some training to use in other sales positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe payment structure causes many employees to leave especially new ones. This turnover hurts CSI because new employees are not as knowledgable and make more mistakes.

Pod of awfulness within company

Document Scanner (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsCompany is thriving in spite of recession, older-worker friendly.

ConsManagement turns blind eye to bullying, do not comply w/ ADA.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccounting dept is lacking the energy and positivity of the rest of the company. You need to clean house.

Good company but hard to make more than base salary

Customer Specialist (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsGood management who is supportive
    Nice making hourly pay so on slow days your making money
    Not as cut throat as other dealers

ConsBonuses dont start until after 12 cars in a month
    Very hard to get a Saturday off even once in awhile
    Insurance runs almost 700 a month for family coverage

Advice to Senior ManagementMake insurance more affordable to your employees with families

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs a contractor, the pay was decent. The people that work there are nice.

ConsThe work was not challenging, The technology was dated. They fight tech changes rather than embrace it. Upper management is pretty lost with little direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormulate a plan and stick to it. Adjust plans that don't work rather than fire people to cover your own butt.

Worked for Walser? Contribute to the Community!