Walser

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
3.3

Paul Walser and Andrew Walser

Life is short, Work someplace awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Edina, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Walser Automotive Group is a great company for growth and career opportunities. Once you are an employee they give you all the tools you need to succeed. They have training, career development paths and promote from within before looking to the outside.

The culture is one of team work and servant leadership. No "Ivory tower" at this company. You will see the owners and senior team members working in the service drives, sitting down with employees and even removing snow off vehicles when needed.

The Walser Foundation is amazing. Walser gives 5% of their earnings to local non-profits. It’s nice to have the ability to volunteer my time to these great causes and have my company support me by allowing the time off and even giving me PTO for volunteering mine and my family’s time.

I would say all in all that I am very lucky to work for such a great company and I plan on staying for a long time.

Cons

The only “con” I can think of, (which really isn’t a con) would be the constant change. Walser is always changing and growing to ensure they are the leader in the market place. You must be willing to accept change and know that it’s for the growth and good of the company. If don’t do well with change you will struggle at this company.

Keep it up!

Very happy I work here

I have been working at Walser full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with a newly remodeled office, mom-friendly, fast-paced, employee appreciation and celebration, family feel, lots of opportunities for community involvement, ongoing training. If you have a new idea to make the company better, management will listen to that and work with you. They want customers happy and they want employees happy so they take feedback seriously.

Cons

I really can't think of anything that has disappointed me so far.

Keep up the good work.

Walser Response

Jan 21, 2015Recruiting Manager

Dear Current Employee,

Thank you for your kind words and dedication to our company. We are lucky to have employees like you that bring new ideas to the table to assist with our growth and
    ... More

A gret place to learn the process of how to sell new and used cars

Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Walser full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Processes are very clean and highly automated.

Cons

Pay structure changed to a $17.31/hour which took away all the opportunities to eran extra income. Highly micro managed.

Stop the smothering micro-management

Walser Response

Jan 21, 2015Director of Recruiting

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback and your 10 plus years of hard work. Walser strives to provide the best employee and customer experience possible. In order to stay ahead of
    ... More

Satisfying and great work environment.

Current Employee - Receptionist in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Chance for growth. The company has many volunteering opportunities. Great staff to work with, 5% club, discounts are nice.

Cons

Pay is not what it should be. Not many opportunities for advancement.

Car business is tough, especially at a non-negotiating dealer

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Walser

Pros

High base wage keeps people around for a bit

Cons

Very high goals make it virtually impossible to bonus. I've made a $250 bonus once in the last 12 months.

Don't set sales people up for failure by setting high goals and expecting a 40% service contract attachment rate.

OK company

Current Employee - Detailer in South Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Detailer in South Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free food on mondays, weekly pay, paid holidays, paid vacation, and fairly easy job

Cons

management sucks, dont really enjoy working night shift, and sometimes cars come really dirty and takes hrs to clean.

An amazing place to start your sales career!

Current Employee - Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist (Trainee, Sales) in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job was a fantastic way to gain sales experience and learn how to work with people. It is sales so of course there's a "pressure" but its a very healthy pressure I'd say and a rather encouraging in a team oriented way. You definitely cannot slack off but if you like people, can learn from what they teach, and just have fun its easy to sell people what they need.

Good work-life balance
    Consistent work
    Great pay and starting pay
    The company donates to great local charities
    Monthly bonuses
    Steady hourly base
    Consistent training
    Rewards for learning certain training
    And you can learn as you go

Cons

Being very team oriented and wanting to beat regional competitors cause management at times to care more about the sale then your lunch at times. You for sure will eat, but if you want to make a good commission and make management happy then take care of your client.

Having a scheduled break on Saturdays when it gets busy would be fantastic so that we have more energy to sell.

Innovative

Former Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Walser full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I spent 11 years with the company and it was a great place to work. People made this company great! I was given opportunities I would of not been given anywhere else. It was proven to be a great training ground for my career now.

Cons

I went through four MAJOR changes within a company. If you are concern about stability of income the car business may not be for you.

Involve your employees in developing their own destiny. Allow for errors and provide positive coaching and development.

Sales

I have been working at Walser full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training available. Great place to start

Cons

Long hours. Sales reps are also expected to do P& L resulting in a longer sales process and less opportunity to sell vehicles. Very high goals to get bonus. Benefits are very expensive as company is small

Terrible

Former Employee - ServiceAdvisor in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - ServiceAdvisor in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Walser full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good entry level job if you want to learn more about the automotive industry, as well as ADP technology.

Cons

Company does not train new employees well, poor communication, as well as hostile work environment and low pay. Company shows utter disregard for their employees and cares only about making its bottom line.

Cultivate your employees to grow within the company, and take serious action against workplace harassment and pay your employees their actual worth.