Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches(in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department(in 25 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job(in 36 reviews)

Fun place to work, but pay was minimal

Cast Member (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

Prospeople forced to be nice, free park passes, benefits

Consrate of pay, too many managers, not understanding of personal life

Everyone thinks they're the next Walt Disney and will step on everyone to get ahead.

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsHealth benefits and educational reimbursement.

ConsCulture and difficult senior management. Everything has to be blessed by at least four or more people, including people who have no seniority or expertise in what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to set the example for collaboration and team work and then enforce it.

Management Intern

ProsGreat place to learn and grow as an individual

ConsLack of advancement opportunity as it is based upon years of service and not quality of work provided.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company....not so great pay

ProsLove the atmosphere. Very friendly, and makes you feel like you're in a totally different world. Employee benefits are great

ConsPay. Some of the casting directors make it difficult to move up/transfer to other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome cast members would really like to grow with the company, but sometimes the leaders that are over you aren't very helpful in finding ways to do so

Dream Job as Jungle Cruise Skipper

Jungle Cruise Skipper, Magic Kingdom Operations, (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsI loved working on the Jungle Cruise in Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World. My team was great. Most people I met really believed in Walt's dream and wanted to cultivate a feeling of enthusiasm and magic. It is fast paced and very safety oriented. I liked meeting so many friendly people everyday. I liked making magic. I liked free entrance in the parks.

ConsIt's a low pay for the toll it can take on your emotional health at the end of a bad day (heat, crazy guests, et c). However, I thought it was very much worth the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wished that upper management had tried to make a lasting connection between College Program kids, part-timers, and full-timers. There was definitely a division.

An experience worth having.

User Experiance Designer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat people to work with. It's hard work but all the people I met were very nice. I had a wonderful team.

ConsThough the people there were wonderful no matter how much they may like you if there isn't a position open seasonal work can't turn to full time. It's hard to get a job there. A lot of the people will tell you to work your way up to another position.

Overall good company and benefits; many different positions and ability to move up.

Custodial (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere are many different roles and skills to be gained. Also decent benefits including relatively good healthcare.

ConsWith such a large company it is easy to feel non-important and can easily make you go unseen.

Great Company not so great pay

Lead (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsLove the atmosphere. And it's fun interacting with the guest. ...

ConsIt's very difficult to move passed lead in most departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of your office more and talk to the cast members.

a magical place that sadly doesn't pay enough

Lobby Concierge/Cashier (Current Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsI truly enjoy my job. There are some great perks too, like almost unlimited free admission to the Disney parks for yourself and a limited number of free admission passes to get family/friends in. You also get discounts on merchandise, food, resort stays, and cruises. I moved up pretty quickly my first two years with the company but then I pretty much plateaued because they company wasn't holding anymore of the training courses I needed in order to get promoted. The health coverage options are really great too.

ConsYou work early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays and the pay is barely enough to get by.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery manager I ever had was great and very supportive of their cast members (employees).

Great benefits and atmosphere

Web Developer (Former Employee) North Hollywood, CA

ProsGreat reputation and worldwide brand. Great perks. Everyone has been a a pleasure to work with.

ConsComing from college I was under-paid (and Disney has been notorious for underpaying). Long hours.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!