Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches(in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department(in 25 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job(in 36 reviews)

I didn't just enjoy the magic, I made the magic happen

Attractions Host (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prosbeing part of the disney family of excellence. Making smiles happen and dreams and memories live for years to come.

Consdistance (drive for me anyway) to get to the park every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever sacrifice the magic in order to save money. Do all you can and more to keep this place the happiest place on earth.

Fun and interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment, interesting place to work.

ConsNothing really. Great part-time job.

Best possible place to start a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is an amazing company that provides top-notch benefits to its employees. I would have stayed for the duration of my career had there been advancement opportunities in my market.

ConsWorking in a market with limited opportunity for growth made it a challenge to really connect with things happening in major hubs like Fla. or CA.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

dinsey

ProsA great atmosphere, easy to pick up extra hours or get days off. Awesome perks.

ConsNot much room for advancement during the disney college program but could if you were full time/part time.

Free Disneyland tickets!

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsFree Disneyland tickets! Need I say more? The Splash mountain makes it all worth it.

ConsManagers ignoring problematic employees to not look bad to their managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your team.

Great company.

Director (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsEvery segment except for Interactive is the industry leader.

ConsDifficult to move across segments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote development across the company.

Pretty fun

ProsI really like the working environment at Disney.

ConsI have not found any cons yet

High Stress Low Pay

Concierge (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsYou do get to go into the Parks for free and get a discount on Disney Merchandise

ConsTime off is based on seniority, long hours, poor communication, schedules are messed up all the time.

not enough pay

Prosfree tickets and discounts on merchandise

Consstruggle to pay bills and survive

Terrible company.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsNo pros I can think of.

ConsWorst company you could ever imagine working for. I worked in a professional field and from day one was not provided mentoring or guidance one would expect from a company as big as Disney.

I have worked for another Fortune 250 company prior to Disney and it was far superior. One major con is the fact the leaders criticize yet don't help you improve. The term "feedback is a gift" is regularly thrown around to sugar coat the constant berating by colleagues and leaders. If you are offered a job here, think long and hard before accepting. I can honestly say it was the worst professional experience of my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and develop them.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!