Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches(in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department(in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job(in 36 reviews)

An experience worth having.

User Experiance Designer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat people to work with. It's hard work but all the people I met were very nice. I had a wonderful team.

ConsThough the people there were wonderful no matter how much they may like you if there isn't a position open seasonal work can't turn to full time. It's hard to get a job there. A lot of the people will tell you to work your way up to another position.

I didn't just enjoy the magic, I made the magic happen

Attractions Host (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prosbeing part of the disney family of excellence. Making smiles happen and dreams and memories live for years to come.

Consdistance (drive for me anyway) to get to the park every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever sacrifice the magic in order to save money. Do all you can and more to keep this place the happiest place on earth.

Great Company not so great pay

Lead (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsLove the atmosphere. And it's fun interacting with the guest. ...

ConsIt's very difficult to move passed lead in most departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of your office more and talk to the cast members.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a magical place that sadly doesn't pay enough

Lobby Concierge/Cashier (Current Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsI truly enjoy my job. There are some great perks too, like almost unlimited free admission to the Disney parks for yourself and a limited number of free admission passes to get family/friends in. You also get discounts on merchandise, food, resort stays, and cruises. I moved up pretty quickly my first two years with the company but then I pretty much plateaued because they company wasn't holding anymore of the training courses I needed in order to get promoted. The health coverage options are really great too.

ConsYou work early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays and the pay is barely enough to get by.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery manager I ever had was great and very supportive of their cast members (employees).

Great benefits and atmosphere

Web Developer (Former Employee) North Hollywood, CA

ProsGreat reputation and worldwide brand. Great perks. Everyone has been a a pleasure to work with.

ConsComing from college I was under-paid (and Disney has been notorious for underpaying). Long hours.

Fun and interesting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment, interesting place to work.

ConsNothing really. Great part-time job.

dinsey

ProsA great atmosphere, easy to pick up extra hours or get days off. Awesome perks.

ConsNot much room for advancement during the disney college program but could if you were full time/part time.

Free Disneyland tickets!

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsFree Disneyland tickets! Need I say more? The Splash mountain makes it all worth it.

ConsManagers ignoring problematic employees to not look bad to their managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your team.

Best possible place to start a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is an amazing company that provides top-notch benefits to its employees. I would have stayed for the duration of my career had there been advancement opportunities in my market.

ConsWorking in a market with limited opportunity for growth made it a challenge to really connect with things happening in major hubs like Fla. or CA.

Pretty fun

ProsI really like the working environment at Disney.

ConsI have not found any cons yet

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!