Walt Disney Company

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great brand! Great Perks! Tight, tight, network.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsFirst off, it's Disney. If you don't already love the Walt Disney brand, then this isn't the place for you. There's something to be said about seeing Disney artwork, memorabilia, logos, etc., everyday you walk into the office. I originally would tell people I worked in an office that was a rotating art gallery as they featured new artwork every quarter. Additionally, the company wants its employees to enjoy the brand, so there are additional perks you receive when you're an employee which includes free admission to the park for yourself and 3 friends, discounts, etc. I have never purchased so many Disney products in my entire lifetime except when I worked for the company.

ConsYour network is worth all of the money in the bank, and maneuvering through the political pools is an artform in itself. Disney prides itself on not only having a diverse workforce, but also having a workforce diverse in thought. This is great; however learning everyone's personal/political agenda made it really easy to step on hidden mines.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider providing a "network web" that helps employees understand how individuals are connected to one another. It could be facilitated through programs like Yammer, or Jive. Your creative artists can then create the "Disney Universe" (a spin off of the Marvel Universe) to help associates really understand relations within the company.

Great company.

Director (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsEvery segment except for Interactive is the industry leader.

ConsDifficult to move across segments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote development across the company.

Free Disneyland tickets!

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsFree Disneyland tickets! Need I say more? The Splash mountain makes it all worth it.

ConsManagers ignoring problematic employees to not look bad to their managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your team.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company! Have to be comfortable with ambiguity and change.

Director (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsWork with Great People!
    The real products are the Media properties and nobody has more or more relevant properties than Disney.
    Great perks and benefits!!!
    Management takes risks, which can lead to significant growth.

ConsFrequent change in corporate direction, leading to frequent organizational restructuring. Many layoffs over the last 5 years.
    Little focus on end consumer and most time spent on internal communication. We are the opposite of the "No Spin Zone"

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in place Scorecards that will force honesty on P&L holders. You need to know what is real versus hype.

Wonderful Legacy, Excellent Perks, Opportunities Abound

Manager (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsLegacy. Culture. Environment. Resources. Opportunities.

ConsLegacy. Culture. Bureaucracy. Information Silos.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage creativity and innovation in all fields and all teams.

Once was a great place to work

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsGood people, great benefits, at one time great company culture.

ConsOut-sourcing, weak middle management, politics, forgot what made them special

Advice to Senior ManagementShould really try to get back to the company culture that existed when Walt was alive. Understand the need to change and progress, however creativity should prosper not be looked down upon.

Great company to work for....everything you would expect

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsWorked with great people. There are a lot of bright people that work there and they are fun to work with.

ConsRequired to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to recognize employees and promote from within

Diverse Workplace

Tax Analyst (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsCompany provides growth opportunities to experience working in different areas of the company.

ConsWork hours can be long.

Advice to Senior ManagementTimely communication is important.

Features Writer.

Copywriter (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsThey have amazing standards and lift anyone who works with them to those standards. It's a great environment to be in.

ConsVery large. One department often doesn't know what the other is doing. People come and go quickly.

A once-great company falling victim to endless political maneuvering.

Lead Producer (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsDiscounts on Disney merchandise, annual passes to the parks, screenings (if you can get yourself invited - you have to 'know' the right people.)

ConsUnbelievably political - almost a caricature of itself. A 'creative' entertainment company that secretly thrives on bureaucracy, favoritism & nepotism. The rank & file are overworked, with many doing the work of 2 people for months & even years. High stress & low compensation when the actual working hours are considered, no bonuses. You even have to pay for food & drinks at the company holiday 'party'.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting talent walk out the door because of your lack of responsibility towards the employee. Consider a real work-life balance. Consider investing in your people - this means hire enough people to do the jobs that need to be done, instead of the constant cycle of layoffs & 'creative' rehiring (temps, freelancers & overworking the regular employees.)

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walt Disney Company reviews and ratings in Glendale, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Walt Disney Company employees.