Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches (in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department (in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights
231 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love Your Job and Act Like It

Custodial Cast Member (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThis is a company that has amazing opportunities for growth in any area you want to pursue as long as you work at it. You must love what you do and work extremely hard, sometimes harder than it seems you should especially in the beginning, but it will be so worth it. This is a company that knows how to take care of employees. And if you are an employee that is passionate about your job, no matter what the title, you will have a job for life and grow in any aspect of this company you are interested in. You just have to have the drive. Don't get me wrong: it is extremely competitive and tough, but if you love it, it will be worth it.

ConsHours can be rough, especially if transportation is a problem for you. This is a company that is notorious for its strict adherence to rules and traditions, but it is only a con for the most part if you simply can't work in a fast paced environment. There are some issues with regulations that are economically, monetarily and time wise for the company, not sound, but if you do your job, then it isn't your issue to fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is such an amazing work culture at Disney that it is a shame that there is inflexibility in smaller managerial or operational issues, such as custodial methods, that are not allowed input from the cast members doing that specific job. There is great open communication between cast members and management, but there is no outlet for any further discussion or possible needed change to actually take place. This is my only criticism. All in all, my job at Disney is my favorite job and was blessed to work for such an amazing company.

very happy

Performer (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

Prosvery good health care and benefits

Consvery long hours, very hard to constantly stay in character, they dont care enough enough their employees

Advice to Senior Managementneeds more training

It's a pretty good place but lots of politics

Senior Digital Designer (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsThe culture is one of positivity and collaboration

ConsSometimes the executives are out of ouch with the new market
     And make bad decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more. Don't get stagnant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disney is a pretty good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsGreat benefits, great perks, great brand. You get to work with really smart and creative people.

ConsVery political environment. Company profits reign above all else. Employees are disposable.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more courage and commitment to developing new digital businesses / start-ups internally. Don't always look externally for innovation via acquisition where you pay 10x what could be developed internally if the right organizational and incentive structures were implemented.

Love your job and you'll never work a day in your life

Attractions Host (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsWorking in attractions was fun and enjoyable. The castmembers became great friends of mine and I loved going to work, most of the time! Disney has pretty nice benefits, including park access for you and your dependents.

ConsCostuming never has what you need in your size... Hours can get very low during the slower seasons. Many college-aged kids work here and can be immature. Guests can be rude but you have to grin and bear it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTomorrowland management, keep up the good work! However, scheduling people for "group shifts" does not work well for people with lives outside of work: we need to know more than 4 hours before a shiftwhen we need to be at work!

Best place to start your career

Supervisor (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsLots of opportunities to grow. Great experience working for a massive multi-national. Benefits were good, but a bit expensive. Lots of cool perks if you work in the right area.

ConsLadder climbers galore. Need to always watch your back for someone. Compensation does not encourage staying with the company for a long time. to move up you have o leave and come back.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more incentives for good people to stay

Great place!

Vice President Marketing (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsIt's almost too sweet of a place to work for.

Lots of opportunity

Custodial Guest Services (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThey hire from within, so there's lots of opportunity to change departments and move up in the ranks, they give great access to the parks for you and friends/family. Raises are annual, based on a percentage, as given by union contract.

ConsYou start as Casual Regular and your hours aren't guaranteed. They give hours based on seniority so if you're new, you may not get many hours. Because most of the cast members are younger, it may seem like a dramafest. You have to join the union. Only give benefits if you're Casual Permanent, which you need to wait for openings for, as well as do an interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee if it's possible to make life easier for the people going to school while working here. People are constantly getting scheduled during school times and needing to trade shifts.

Working at Disneyland was an awesome experience!

Custodial Busser (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsCast members get in the park free and receive discounts on merchandise.

ConsGuests can be rude... especially if their vacation isn't going as expected.

Amazing

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people, great company, amazing brand, nice perks.

ConsIt's a major studio. Bad news can come on any given day.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!