Walt Disney Company

Updated October 29, 2014
3.7

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger
Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work- Life Balance Well; Nice working environment; Comfortable leadership (in 29 reviews)

• Great benefits, main entrance pass and a company that overall exceeds expectations (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance is not great and there is not a lot of stability since there are frequent re-orgs (in 33 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

The Walt Disney Company is a magical company

Former Employee - IT Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Disney has great perks and compensation packages and allows employees to balance work-life duties. They take pride in having an educated and enthusiastic attitude towards employees and encourage new ideas.

Cons

Not much in the way of CONs at The Walt Disney company. They take steps to motivate and encourage additional training and education to enhance the employees contributions to the company. Depending on your education and role pay scale could be an issue.

Company values are superior to most other companies and creative thinking is encouraged. A wonderful workplace environment to grow and develop your career.

There is no place like Disney for gaining valuable work experience.

Former Employee - Full-Service Food and Beverage Cast Member in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Strong work culture that you felt from property to property, from park to park. Thorough training program. Great opportunities to take your own learning and advancement into your own hands. I learned so much on how to treat guests with Disney-level hospitality.

Cons

Scheduling can be all over the place for DCP interns (I was fortunate to have a regular schedule when I was there the first time). There seems to be a lot of horizontal movement, which is great, but not as much vertical movement within the company.

Fantastic experience, great people with a lot of opportunities.

Former Employee - Workforce Management
    Former Employee - Workforce Management

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern

Pros

Great IE Experience in my internship. Supportive environment with many people to ask for help.

Cons

Hard to get a full-time offer

Great company to work for with good perks and great brand recognition.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ample training budget, company will pay for relocation expenses, and Disney perks are great for a family. There are several segments to the business and it depends on which segment you work in as to how happy you'll be. They're all different and feel like separate companies at times.

Cons

Pay is lower than working for a start-up. Disney legal is very strict about what you can/can't say about what you've accomplished while working for Disney. I would like to contribute back to the community on open source projects and that is very hard to do.

Great Perks Challenging Jobs

Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work on large scale objects, eposure to the entaitenment industry for engineers, lots of data, free park entrance for you and your friends, discounts on anything that has to do with Disney, great training

Cons

low salary compared to other places, might get lost in such a huge company, your job depends greatly on who your boss is

higher pay,

Magical Place To Work

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Disney is a great place to work. The company benefits were outstanding, the best I ever had. I enjoy working in the creative department and seeing the magic being created.

Cons

Hard to move out of an Administrative Assistant role into a higher position. Assistants are expected to support numerous executives and can be stressful at times.

Fun place to work but difficult to move up the ladder in their system

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are the best part. Training is exceptional. Good networking opportunities. Everyone is usually in a happy mood. You get to interact with people all over the world.

Cons

Most jobs require weekends and sometimes even holidays. The pay can be lower than similar jobs in other companies

Meticulous company which praises every cast member

Former Employee - Character Performer in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Character Performer in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I felt really appreciated and loved my job, as a character performer you get to put so many smiles in kids faces. The benefits are good, compensation a bit on the low side.

Cons

Sometimes I was scheduled so early in the morning. I would prefer a set schedule.

In the beginning I felt I needed a bit more training in the tunnel, got lost sometimes.

Co-workers made this job great.

Former Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was the most fun I've had working. Great family atmosphere and worked with some of the most creative people I've ever met.

Cons

Not enough chances to advance. Just because it's Disney, doesn't mean they aren't big business. Making money is their goal at any cost.

Hold workers accountable for what they do good or bad.

A wonderful, magical place for people with a heart for Disney.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you like a creative atmosphere with great professionalism and great company values this is a great place to work. Great benefits for Disney lovers.

Cons

Not a lot of possibilities to grow or change divisions. Salaries are not raised frequently, if you want a change you need to change from job level.

Walt Disney Company Photos