Walt Disney Company

www.disney.com

Walt Disney Company Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches(in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department(in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job(in 36 reviews)

The premiere entertainment company.

Communications (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsStellar onboarding and frequent executive communication.

ConsLower pay for perks like free entrance to Disneyland.

Good place to work

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSince Orlando IT is big, lot of opportunities.

ConsLot of contractors, so less of development more of maintenance. Late hour work, so Work life balance is missing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSDLC should be followed to save money and time. Very few full time workers, Management is thinking only cost and putting lot of contractors who leave and put all maintenance to other new comers.

Photopass Photographer

PhotoPass Photographer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGREAT PAY for an entry-level job (among the best paid hourly cast members) ,fun environment, great perks like free park entry and discounts.

Cons13 hour shifts are not fun, regardless of the overtime pay. Working in the excessive heat is taxing. Being rained on and having soggy feet for an entire shift stinks. Freezing outside in temperatures less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit isn't fun especially when all the hand warmers are gone and you can't wear gloves.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy management was great on all levels. Very supportive and encouraging.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst summer job ever

Lifeguard (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsRecognizable company, safe work environment

ConsCompany is so large that you get lost in the crowd. Physically uncomfortable work environments, and very restrictive rules. Very little break time, very long, hot days.

Extremely difficult to navigate the procedures for getting time off, and even though you may sign up to be a part time, seasonal employee, they take issue when you're supposed to leave to go back to school at the end of the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible, and forgiving.

Great foundation for a career

Chef Assistant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsDisney gave me tons of career experience that has been the foundation and of course tickets to the parks are great

ConsSometimes you do feel like just a number since there are so many employees

Corporate Disney Internship

MBA Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat managers, laid-back work environment, a lot of flexibility with getting the job done, ability to work independently to solve problems or with a cross-functional team, exposure to senior management, a wide variety of problems to solve.

ConsWorkload was far too light, it was hard to feel like I was bringing value at times. Not enough feedback on projects from management. Disney doesn't have positions for their MBA interns until they have headcount available.

Very fun place to work, awesome experience to work in a place I loved.

PhotoPass Photographer (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsGreat benefits (who says no to free admission to Disneyland/Walt Disney World), discounts on merchandise and food, you play where you work and work where you play

ConsThe point system is very unforgiving in Disneyland, Walt Disney World is much more forgiving as they don't weight them as high as Disneyland

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome a little more involved with your Cast Members, they look to you for help and answers. There were sometimes where the managers were more intimidating than helpful and you didn't want to go to them. Be proactive with Cast Members and see what you can do to help them thrive and succeed in the company.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPositive people, relaxed work environment, great perks, significant upward mobility for high performing individuals, good work life balance

Conscan be very bureaucratic and slow moving when it comes to making decisions; not a lot of autonomy and many approval processes

Wonderful Internship Opportunity

Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Pros-Meet people from all over the world
    -Fun work environment and experience
    -Opportunity to network and take classes

Cons-Low pay - no other negatives

Fun when you are young

Fry Cook (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsBuilt in social life. School friendly.

ConsOdd, inconsistant hours. Traffic and parking.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!