Walt Disney Company

Updated October 29, 2014
3.7

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger
Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work- Life Balance Well; Nice working environment; Comfortable leadership (in 29 reviews)

• Great benefits, main entrance pass and a company that overall exceeds expectations (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance is not great and there is not a lot of stability since there are frequent re-orgs (in 33 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

There is no place like Disney for gaining valuable work experience.

Former Employee - Full-Service Food and Beverage Cast Member in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Strong work culture that you felt from property to property, from park to park. Thorough training program. Great opportunities to take your own learning and advancement into your own hands. I learned so much on how to treat guests with Disney-level hospitality.

Cons

Scheduling can be all over the place for DCP interns (I was fortunate to have a regular schedule when I was there the first time). There seems to be a lot of horizontal movement, which is great, but not as much vertical movement within the company.

Very Stressfull

Current Employee - Reservation Agent, Vacation Planner in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Reservation Agent, Vacation Planner in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer you free trips to San diego zoo,Sea World and some vendors bring in lunch

Cons

High stress,High turn over.If you are not a good seller do not take! If you are in the bottom 20 twice you will be separated from company! If you have 1 disciplinary even for dress code or bottom 20 say bye bye to that raise that is actually call a cost of living pay! transferred from Disneyland they get their cost of living increase no matter what!if you get a new phone system train everyone don't hand out a sheet of how too!
    Phone system sucks if you are not doing well in sells Document any problems and send to home email!They will try to get rid of you with out proof you could possibility lose out on Un Employment

Listen to your employees if cast members are cross trained they should be paid more

Backstage Disney

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People I worked with was great
    Contact different sectors (home entertainment, FMCG, cinema, TV, videogames, publishing..)
    Conection with the brand and consumers
    Benefits

Cons

Not clear career opprotunities
    Global strategies not properly shared

Fantastic experience, great people with a lot of opportunities.

Former Employee - Workforce Management
    Former Employee - Workforce Management

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern

Pros

Great IE Experience in my internship. Supportive environment with many people to ask for help.

Cons

Hard to get a full-time offer

Great company to work for with good perks and great brand recognition.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ample training budget, company will pay for relocation expenses, and Disney perks are great for a family. There are several segments to the business and it depends on which segment you work in as to how happy you'll be. They're all different and feel like separate companies at times.

Cons

Pay is lower than working for a start-up. Disney legal is very strict about what you can/can't say about what you've accomplished while working for Disney. I would like to contribute back to the community on open source projects and that is very hard to do.

Good place until you find something better

I have been working at Walt Disney Company

Pros

The coworkers are like family. You form relationships that last forever. Good training great health benefits and park entry benefits

Cons

Management will try to get rid of you by making your life hard if you disagree with them. Can't get a promotion to save your life, and benefits are good because pay wages for regular workers are next to nothing. You will need 2 jobs to work here, and tat can be hard to do with Disney's strict availability policy

Have your everyday workers back instead of covering for other management you will get much more loyal employees

A company which I love and will always be with me no matter where I may go.

Former Employee - Editor & Product Marketing Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Editor & Product Marketing Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diversity and wonderful perks for cast members.
    Trainings are done professional and in a creative manner.

Cons

Company should get all cast members involve in decision-making that may or may not affect them.

Shouldn't ex-cast members be able to work for Disney offices in the states, with past experience from Disney offices from all around the world?

Magical Place To Work

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Disney is a great place to work. The company benefits were outstanding, the best I ever had. I enjoy working in the creative department and seeing the magic being created.

Cons

Hard to move out of an Administrative Assistant role into a higher position. Assistants are expected to support numerous executives and can be stressful at times.

Great Perks Challenging Jobs

Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work on large scale objects, eposure to the entaitenment industry for engineers, lots of data, free park entrance for you and your friends, discounts on anything that has to do with Disney, great training

Cons

low salary compared to other places, might get lost in such a huge company, your job depends greatly on who your boss is

higher pay,

Fun place to work but difficult to move up the ladder in their system

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are the best part. Training is exceptional. Good networking opportunities. Everyone is usually in a happy mood. You get to interact with people all over the world.

Cons

Most jobs require weekends and sometimes even holidays. The pay can be lower than similar jobs in other companies

Walt Disney Company Photos