Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches(in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department(in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job(in 36 reviews)

Incredibly under paid and over worked!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOnly pros working for Disney is being able to live in Orlando and receiving a very small discount for the parks.

ConsWork-life balance is terrible. Pay can be equated to slave labor, Disney College Program is useless and not at all beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementINCREASE WAGES! No one can live off $7.32/hr! Better pay will benefit work-life balance.

Love Your Job and Act Like It

Custodial Cast Member (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThis is a company that has amazing opportunities for growth in any area you want to pursue as long as you work at it. You must love what you do and work extremely hard, sometimes harder than it seems you should especially in the beginning, but it will be so worth it. This is a company that knows how to take care of employees. And if you are an employee that is passionate about your job, no matter what the title, you will have a job for life and grow in any aspect of this company you are interested in. You just have to have the drive. Don't get me wrong: it is extremely competitive and tough, but if you love it, it will be worth it.

ConsHours can be rough, especially if transportation is a problem for you. This is a company that is notorious for its strict adherence to rules and traditions, but it is only a con for the most part if you simply can't work in a fast paced environment. There are some issues with regulations that are economically, monetarily and time wise for the company, not sound, but if you do your job, then it isn't your issue to fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is such an amazing work culture at Disney that it is a shame that there is inflexibility in smaller managerial or operational issues, such as custodial methods, that are not allowed input from the cast members doing that specific job. There is great open communication between cast members and management, but there is no outlet for any further discussion or possible needed change to actually take place. This is my only criticism. All in all, my job at Disney is my favorite job and was blessed to work for such an amazing company.

Great co-workers terrible upper management that says one this and does the opposite.

ProsCoworkers, salary and working conditions. The "Peon" workers are some of the best people I have worked with. The same, however, cannot be said for Upper management. The diversity of products means you are rarely bored and always challenged.,

ConsSenior management is a pack of lying wolves. They will look you in the eyes and tell you everything is great all while axing jobs for no reason whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo take some ethics classes and stop your bold face lies. You handling of the recent re-org was the worst I have ever seen. Telling the employees they will not be affected that the re-org was just management, then after months axing some of the best talent in your company Charlie Wiener you should be ashamed!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent experience, nice company perks, but different groups are probably better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHaving a large corporation on your resume is typically a good thing, the benefits are pretty good, Silver Pass is pretty awesome

ConsNot a lot of mentorship or career growth option, VPs and above stick around too long, not a lot of upward mobility, not an innovative company, HR protects senior leadership and not the other lower-level employees

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruiting and maintaining talent should be priority number 1. Out with the old, in with the new- keeping around VPs who are bad managers is not good for morale or business.

Finance Manager

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsFun industry.
    Excellent facilities.
    Good perks for movie premiers, holiday parties, celebrity sightings.

ConsLack of work life balance.
    Lots of egotistic personalities to deal with as a result of being in the entertainment industry.

Great company for benefits and longevity.

Performer (Former Employee)

ProsWorking in a Broadway show, they ran it very professionally, more corporate than other broadway productions

Cons2 show days on the weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the staff better

Amazing

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people, great company, amazing brand, nice perks.

ConsIt's a major studio. Bad news can come on any given day.

It's a pretty good place but lots of politics

Senior Digital Designer (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsThe culture is one of positivity and collaboration

ConsSometimes the executives are out of ouch with the new market
     And make bad decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more. Don't get stagnant.

Fun Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place to work, good people and great brand.

ConsThings move slowly - it's a big ship and is hard to turn

food and beverage

Dining Room Server (Current Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsThe best reason to work for Disney is the benefits you can take advantage of

ConsThe biggest challenge of working for Disney is how to deal with public.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire personnel with more experience at the job they are hired for.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!