Walt Disney Company

Updated October 24, 2014
3.7

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger
Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work- Life Balance Well; Nice working environment; Comfortable leadership (in 29 reviews)

• Great benefits, main entrance pass and a company that overall exceeds expectations (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance is not great and there is not a lot of stability since there are frequent re-orgs (in 33 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

A company which I love and will always be with me no matter where I may go.

Former Employee - Editor & Product Marketing Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Editor & Product Marketing Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diversity and wonderful perks for cast members.
    Trainings are done professional and in a creative manner.

Cons

Company should get all cast members involve in decision-making that may or may not affect them.

Shouldn't ex-cast members be able to work for Disney offices in the states, with past experience from Disney offices from all around the world?

Magical Place To Work

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Disney is a great place to work. The company benefits were outstanding, the best I ever had. I enjoy working in the creative department and seeing the magic being created.

Cons

Hard to move out of an Administrative Assistant role into a higher position. Assistants are expected to support numerous executives and can be stressful at times.

Great Perks Challenging Jobs

Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work on large scale objects, eposure to the entaitenment industry for engineers, lots of data, free park entrance for you and your friends, discounts on anything that has to do with Disney, great training

Cons

low salary compared to other places, might get lost in such a huge company, your job depends greatly on who your boss is

higher pay,

Fun place to work but difficult to move up the ladder in their system

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are the best part. Training is exceptional. Good networking opportunities. Everyone is usually in a happy mood. You get to interact with people all over the world.

Cons

Most jobs require weekends and sometimes even holidays. The pay can be lower than similar jobs in other companies

Love

Former Employee - Park Greeter in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Park Greeter in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are so nice
    Perks - Park admission/discounts

Cons

No room for growth
    Long hours
    Pay is low

A wonderful, magical place for people with a heart for Disney.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you like a creative atmosphere with great professionalism and great company values this is a great place to work. Great benefits for Disney lovers.

Cons

Not a lot of possibilities to grow or change divisions. Salaries are not raised frequently, if you want a change you need to change from job level.

Co-workers made this job great.

Former Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was the most fun I've had working. Great family atmosphere and worked with some of the most creative people I've ever met.

Cons

Not enough chances to advance. Just because it's Disney, doesn't mean they aren't big business. Making money is their goal at any cost.

Hold workers accountable for what they do good or bad.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Technology - IT - Depressing

Current Employee - Senior Manager, IT in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, IT in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and work life balance is priceless. Overall leadership understands the need for work/life balance. Health benefits are still the best around. Salaries are competitive but not leading the way.

Cons

The Technology team is currently going through a poorly executed transition that includes a significant play with "managed resources" aka: Offshore support. Since the transformation was so poorly executed, morale is at its lowest in years, productivity is down. The almost 1000 IT Team members still have no clear direction. New leadership has been brought in with no earthly conception of Disney's brand, nor do they really care. Employees (Cast) have been DE-branded to the point that great talent is looking to leave. The off-shoring of technical jobs has reached new highs to the point the cast have no respect for the company any longer.

To the most Senior Management. Time for them to open their eyes to the dismantling of the technology organization and stop shipping jobs to India. Take a look at the most recent Cast Survey results and ask questions and don't take excuses. Check morale and actual results and not disguised numbers that look good. Encourage CIO leadership to embrace Disney culture and leverage the talent within.

Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Technical Coordinator in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Coordinator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Encouraging and flexible.
    Progression within the wider company

Cons

progression in a department and overseas transfer

Bring Your Thick Skin With You

Former Employee - Cast Member in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Cast Member in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free admission to Disneyland Resort Parks worldwide (except Tokyo); discounts at food and retail outlets; a chance to make new friends.

Cons

Pay is very low for the stress you put up with from guests who feel entitled to do whatever they want because they took out a second mortgage on their house to afford to go to the park. Guests who will fight with you because they like to play dumb with you. Ageism is rabid among the younger college age cast members who feel it's ok to disrespect the older adults they work with. What kills me is cast members are represented by the Teamsters who are useless except for taking dues out of your paycheck. Oh, and if you need time off, you must schedule three weeks in advance or you're up a creek with no paddles. I could go on, but I might run out of space.

Grow a spine! Your Cast members are your greatest asset but they are often treated like trash. Giving them anniversary pins because they survived a year in the trenches isn't enough. I understands profits are everything but how about a higher starting salary?

Walt Disney Company Photos