Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches (in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department (in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

A Dream Come True

ProsExcellent health benefits
    Great Disney benefits
    Fantastic heritage, pride and culture
    Wonderful community
    Amazing growth opportunities
    Creative atmosphere

ConsCorporate structure
    Timing for advancement
    Under market value for salaried employees

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Lots of opportunity

Custodial Guest Services (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThey hire from within, so there's lots of opportunity to change departments and move up in the ranks, they give great access to the parks for you and friends/family. Raises are annual, based on a percentage, as given by union contract.

ConsYou start as Casual Regular and your hours aren't guaranteed. They give hours based on seniority so if you're new, you may not get many hours. Because most of the cast members are younger, it may seem like a dramafest. You have to join the union. Only give benefits if you're Casual Permanent, which you need to wait for openings for, as well as do an interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee if it's possible to make life easier for the people going to school while working here. People are constantly getting scheduled during school times and needing to trade shifts.

Great place!

Vice President Marketing (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsIt's almost too sweet of a place to work for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed the inclusiveness I felt from day one. I immediately received a benefits package, and they were ready for me to start on my first day... little things like my Email, Corporate Card, etc were laid out and ready to go! Many companies let you start and it takes weeks to feel like they want you there!

ConsWithin the office I worked in, my manager and I didn't see eye-to-eye. It wasn't a personal thing, and not even a fault on the manager... we just had different management styles.

Working at Disneyland was an awesome experience!

Custodial Busser (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsCast members get in the park free and receive discounts on merchandise.

ConsGuests can be rude... especially if their vacation isn't going as expected.

Decent experience, nice company perks, but different groups are probably better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHaving a large corporation on your resume is typically a good thing, the benefits are pretty good, Silver Pass is pretty awesome

ConsNot a lot of mentorship or career growth option, VPs and above stick around too long, not a lot of upward mobility, not an innovative company, HR protects senior leadership and not the other lower-level employees

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruiting and maintaining talent should be priority number 1. Out with the old, in with the new- keeping around VPs who are bad managers is not good for morale or business.

Great co-workers terrible upper management that says one this and does the opposite.

ProsCoworkers, salary and working conditions. The "Peon" workers are some of the best people I have worked with. The same, however, cannot be said for Upper management. The diversity of products means you are rarely bored and always challenged.,

ConsSenior management is a pack of lying wolves. They will look you in the eyes and tell you everything is great all while axing jobs for no reason whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo take some ethics classes and stop your bold face lies. You handling of the recent re-org was the worst I have ever seen. Telling the employees they will not be affected that the re-org was just management, then after months axing some of the best talent in your company Charlie Wiener you should be ashamed!

Incredibly under paid and over worked!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOnly pros working for Disney is being able to live in Orlando and receiving a very small discount for the parks.

ConsWork-life balance is terrible. Pay can be equated to slave labor, Disney College Program is useless and not at all beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementINCREASE WAGES! No one can live off $7.32/hr! Better pay will benefit work-life balance.

Finance Manager

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsFun industry.
    Excellent facilities.
    Good perks for movie premiers, holiday parties, celebrity sightings.

ConsLack of work life balance.
    Lots of egotistic personalities to deal with as a result of being in the entertainment industry.

Amazing

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people, great company, amazing brand, nice perks.

ConsIt's a major studio. Bad news can come on any given day.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!