Walt Disney Company Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Magical

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time

Pros

Great company to explore various career opportunities.

Cons

It's a small world. Every body knows everybody so be careful what you say and do at all times.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Look at other companies and allow more flex - working from home and flex hours need to be incorporated to allow for a more magical work experience.

2. J1 International College Program

Former Employee - Character Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Character Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Amazing opportunity, lots of training and information. Housing cost is actually cheap, deducted from your paycheck - cheap considering that you have transportation, electric and cable included.

Cons

The wage is too low, very difficult to have a request for specific day off approved.

Advice to Management

Entertainment managers in Epcot are simply amazing. Keep smiling and doing all you guys do, I was proud to be part of your department.

3. Good company to work for..........as long pay isn't important to you

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Disney looks great on your resume. Great work life balance except at Corporate. Fun industry to work in. Free passes to the parks and discounts on food and merchandise. Low stress. Friendly co-workers. Disney still has a pension which you are immediately vested in.

Cons

The pay is a joke and don't think you will get in there and work your way up to a huge pay raise. I knew someone who worked their way up from Analyst to Director and the largest raise they ever got was 8%. Disney just does not pay well. The pay is my only major complaint every other negative about Disney you will get at every big, mature company.

Advice to Management

None. I would say to pay people more, but when candidates are lining up around the block to work for you I can't say I blame you.

5. Bartender

Former Employee - Bartender in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Bartender in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits . Pleasant work environment. You can get friends and or family in the park for free up to twelve times a year. Felt like a family working there.

Cons

Mostly there are no cons. We were a training hub for lots of new managers. Some of them had no experience in bartending so it could be a challenge when we needed help.

Advice to Management

Managers in food and beverage should be trained in all categories . This will make for a well rounded leader who can help out in all aspects.

6. Lifeguard

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Great work environment and attitude

Cons

Have to deal with lots of beuracracy

Good company to work for - few complaints

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They go out of their way to immerse you in the "Happiest Place on Earth" ideal. They pamper you with every amenity. They're kind and warm, and they hold the highest respect for the creative abilities that landed you with the company.

Cons

Disney suffers from the same ailment that every multi-national conglomerate suffers from. It's just too big. Business units are like small societies. They have to vie for resources to the detriment of the entire organization. And because it's so massive, trying to get something simple done can often quickly can get blocked by your typical bureaucratic processes.

Advice to Management

You're doing fine for the most part. Maybe pay yourselves less. Give a fairer share to the people at the bottom, without whom you would have nothing.

8. Manager, Consumer Products

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Working with the best properties and prestige associated with the Disney brand

Cons

Extremely political. Synergy is very difficult to actually obtain

Advice to Management

More employee development. Bring down political walls.

9. College Program

Current Employee - Intern in Hazel Crest, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Hazel Crest, IL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company (Less than a year)

Pros

working at disney and getting park passes

Cons

busy schedules and not good pay for service workers

10. Quick Service Food & Beverage College Program Internship

Former Employee - Quick Service Food & Beverage in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Quick Service Food & Beverage in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagine going to college, but Disney World is your campus. I made lots of friends and had the best time of my life. Disney looks great on a resume. You will learn how this incredible theme park operates. You will get great customer service experience and meet people from all over the world. I was always given plenty of opportunities to work overtime. The company provided housing, electricity, heating/cooling, appliances, water, internet, and transportation for only $86 a week; taken from your paycheck. Admittance to the parks are free and water parks are free during off seasons. You get to bring 3 friends/family into the park 6 times free. They give cast member discounts during different times of the year. Pay is a little more than minimum wage for this position.

Cons

Minimum wage is lower in Florida than in my state. You will probably miss your friends and family while you're away, especially on holidays. The parks often hit capacity during Holiday weeks and you will be expected to work.

Advice to Management

Don't be so strict. I knew people who were terminated over the smallest things. These are college students trying to have fun and gain a new experience. Policies should be slightly more lax in such a fun place.

11. Hotel Front Desk Agent

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and it's almost like you become a family after working there so long. You can go to Disneyland whenever you want for free.

Cons

The pay isn't that great and you never really receiving any promotions. You get stuck in one position and feel as if you're doing slave work. The managers are never around to assist you.

Advice to Management

Raise the hourly wage and be around to assist people more often. Management needs to train their team better.

Showing 977 of 1,146 reviews