Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches (in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department (in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Free Disneyland tickets!

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsFree Disneyland tickets! Need I say more? The Splash mountain makes it all worth it.

ConsManagers ignoring problematic employees to not look bad to their managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your team.

dinsey

ProsA great atmosphere, easy to pick up extra hours or get days off. Awesome perks.

ConsNot much room for advancement during the disney college program but could if you were full time/part time.

Best possible place to start a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is an amazing company that provides top-notch benefits to its employees. I would have stayed for the duration of my career had there been advancement opportunities in my market.

ConsWorking in a market with limited opportunity for growth made it a challenge to really connect with things happening in major hubs like Fla. or CA.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Stress Low Pay

Concierge (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsYou do get to go into the Parks for free and get a discount on Disney Merchandise

ConsTime off is based on seniority, long hours, poor communication, schedules are messed up all the time.

Terrible company.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL

ProsNo pros I can think of.

ConsWorst company you could ever imagine working for. I worked in a professional field and from day one was not provided mentoring or guidance one would expect from a company as big as Disney.

I have worked for another Fortune 250 company prior to Disney and it was far superior. One major con is the fact the leaders criticize yet don't help you improve. The term "feedback is a gift" is regularly thrown around to sugar coat the constant berating by colleagues and leaders. If you are offered a job here, think long and hard before accepting. I can honestly say it was the worst professional experience of my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and develop them.

Great perks, little advancement

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsExtremely family-friendly, good benefits, many perks, like tics to advance screenings, entry passes to Disneyland, and discounts on other Disney experiences.

ConsMany perks don't mean a lot if you don't have a family. Raises are small unless you get a promotion, and promotions are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take your loyal employees for granted.

not enough pay

Prosfree tickets and discounts on merchandise

Consstruggle to pay bills and survive

Management Intern

ProsGreat place to learn and grow as an individual

ConsLack of advancement opportunity as it is based upon years of service and not quality of work provided.

Very political and favoritism throughout the organization

ProsSeeing how things are done and created behind the scenes

ConsLow pay and nobody notices you unless you make a mistake.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible

Great company....not so great pay

ProsLove the atmosphere. Very friendly, and makes you feel like you're in a totally different world. Employee benefits are great

ConsPay. Some of the casting directors make it difficult to move up/transfer to other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome cast members would really like to grow with the company, but sometimes the leaders that are over you aren't very helpful in finding ways to do so

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!