Walt Disney Company Reviews

966 reviews filtered by

1. Fabulous experience working for a Fortune 500 company

Former Intern - PAID Merchandise in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - PAID Merchandise in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning the culture of a Disney Cast Member, paid internship, seminars, behind the "magic" tours, free admission

Cons

Interns work a lot of hours depending on the location you're casted, limited amount of time between training and cast members first day on stage (working), bud transportation is unreliable. Limited amount of "call-in" days before termination

Advice to Management

I was lucky enough to have a great management team that supervised me. Most were very understanding if difficult situations arose, and they were always there to help.

Disney college program

Former Intern - Disney College Program
    Former Intern - Disney College Program

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with good people, build customer service skills, and play at the parks for free

Cons

The payment was not worth with what i worked. Had to work really hard and fast at my location

Advice to Management

I wish there should be a meeting that welcome new College program intern so that other cast member would be willing to help the new ones adapt to the environment quickly and feel more welcome.

3. This is a company you will be proud to be a part of

Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong brand, great leadership, products are great, collaboration is key, strong relationship building skills required, the goals of the company are clear and everyone is going in the same direction, global company, stability and growth

Cons

Big ship may not be as nimble, depending on people or department, may have political environment,

Advice to Management

Take care of your internal employees with raises and market pay, the external ones are getting it so it's almost like your punishing those that have been with Disney (get out of the "I have to leave and comeback to grow especially in pay)" mentality.

5. Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Creative Producer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Creative Producer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Its a great place to do what you love. Who doesn't like making kids and families happy! You feel as though you're making a difference when you know your product is safe for kids. The pay was good and so was the vacation and sick time. They also have really good health benefits.

Cons

It can be stressful at times, and it is hard to move up from the position or department you entered into.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to listen to your workers when they have an idea. Just because they don't have a managers title doesn't mean they aren't aware of what could benefit the company.

Very compartmentalized, only allowed to work on your small assigned section of work. Lots of downtime with nothing to do

Former Contractor - Network Operation Center Technician in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Network Operation Center Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at Walt Disney Company as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

High paying. Nice facilities. Nice take home equipment. Smart full time colleagues. Extremely well designed network.

Cons

Inconsistent rules from different managers. Very compartmentalized. Tedious repetitive work. Hours of downtime with nothing to do. No projects or freedom to help other departments with their work. Very little training. No room for growth to different department. Firings ("seperations") without warning daily. Leadership doesn't follow through on promises like schedule rotation. I was stuck on night shift for a year when we agreed to switch every 2 months. I was allowed to work from home, then when a new manager was assigned, I was let go for working from home too often without warning. Everyday I tried to work with network engineers to learn more about their projects and get involved but they don't have the time or resources to include you.

Advice to Management

Plans for personal growth that are followed through. Following through on scheduling promises. Projects to work on during downtime. Assignment to a smarter higher up colleague to assist in their work and learn how to do what they are doing.

If you're wanting to be surrounded by Disney magic and get discounts through the Walt Disney Company

Current Employee - Cast Member in Independence, MO
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Independence, MO

I have been working at Walt Disney Company part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get free theme park tickets 50% off hotels and get to be surrounded by the Disney magic all the time.

Cons

Not many hours working no benefits for part-time cast members no paid vacations for part-time cast members it hard opportunity to grow within the company

Advice to Management

Part time cast member employee benefits better communication with store employees and more opportunities for cast members to grow

8. The guest service experience is quite remarkable.

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most cast members are very nice, friendly, and supportive. Being around people who have similar likes is important for providing world class guest service.

Cons

The pay is quite low making it very difficult to make ends meet. This adds stress to you and subsequently lowers your performance. Management oftentimes seems to treat hourly workers like 2nd class citizens.

Advice to Management

Read some advice from John Maxwell. He seems to have the whole management thing down.

9. Disney is a great company to work for!

Former Employee - Disney College Program in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Disney College Program in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Fun place to work! Great benefits.

Cons

Work long hours with not many days off.

10. Work horse!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great name on the resume

Cons

Cheap, doesn't pay well. Lack of work life balance.

11. I loved working for the company. It was a great experience training and learning the culture and values of the company.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company

Pros

Great work environment and benefits.

Cons

Hours may not be flexible, and if not full time hours can be as little as 10hours/week.

Walt Disney Company Photos