Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Updated August 3, 2014
Updated August 3, 2014
3.6

Lori MacPherson

A great chance to work with an entertainment giant and see the issues relating to a multi-jurisdictional company

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Working for a large company allows employees to receive benefits that they would not in a smaller company. There is funding for training, mentoring, and development that a smaller company may not have.

Cons

Working at a large company it is easy to get lost in the crowd. If there are any changes that an employee sees should be made it is hard to get the ball rolling on those changes.

Digital Background Painter, Apprentice

Current Employee - Apprentice Digital Painter in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Apprentice Digital Painter in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was extremely lucky to work with some of the funniest, talented and generally most interesting people I've ever met in this industry.
    This was the first job that I absolutely fell in love with, something I did not feel was possible, where hours of the day just melted away leaving me with more creative energy than when I started. The work was both enthralling and exciting. This job was the reason why I love animation and am so drawn towards working in the industry again.

Cons

Not feeling fast enough with my work and not being able to work on more shows.

Continue to create more artistic opportunities and continue working with great writers and storyboard artists and let them soar at what they do best.

Amazing place to work!

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world

Cons

Downsides does not existe for me.

None

The Walt Disney Studios is and innovative and creative place to grow a career in the Entertainment Industry

Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

It is a positive work environment that fosters creativity, innovative use of technologies, and has a strong leadership team. It also creates very positive family oriented entertainment products.

Cons

This isn't really a downside... simply a comment... The Walt Disney Studios, and most of the businesses across Disney expect a lot from their staff members... the hours are long, expectations for performance are high, and the tolarance for mediocracy is low.

Keep-up the good work... within the industry I think Disney's leadership has position the company to be at the "top of their game."

Product Marketing in In Home Entertainment and Distribution

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as a contractor

Pros

Great products to work on. Colleagues are committed to the integrity of the company and the quality of the product they put out. Smart, hardworking teams.

Cons

Not really a con, but the environment is very fast paced and fluid. The individual who is going to be happiest here is going to be comfortable working in an environment with a lot of unknowns.

Better communication of senior management's vision downward would help staff be more proactive in their roles.

Awesome

Former Employee - Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, good training, proven leadership that works

Cons

There are no cons for this amazing company

Intern in Home Theatre Collections

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

Great company diversification overall. Great place to intern

Cons

Declining Industry. Industry trend is moving to streaming

Hard work, enjoyable atmosphere.

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

Disney brand, perks, people, not a cut throat environment

Cons

Not enough training, large large company

Wonderful experience with amazingly smart people and terrific products to work with.

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time

Pros

Prior to 2009, the combination of a growing home entertainment industry and strong products helped fuel a highly profitable division. Smart people and great products from Disney/Pixar, ABC, Disney Channel and others made this division a top notch place to work for. Disney Home Entertainment drove a number of great innovations for the company including great retail presence, amazing franchises, and product innovations such as the Disney Movie Rewards program.

Cons

As with any Disney division, individuals still need to find ways to showcase their talents and find successes that can be noticed. After 2009 and the studio restructuring, the atmosphere became more conservative and difficult as the business continues to decline.

Try to bring in a more innovative culture and willingness to try new things that can stimulate the industry.

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance and a lot of upward mobility. Culture is generally friendly. Location on the Disney lot was great.

Cons

Business is downward trending. Its a very political environment where who you are friends with is much more important to the results you deliver.