Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lori MacPherson

Disappointing

Production Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to get experience, they will work you to the bone so anything else seems to be a piece of cake.

ConsThey work you to the bone and very difficult to work your way up unless you're in marketing, they are infamous for the high turnover there. Other than that, not much room to advance, very, very, very much a place you need to play the corporate politics game.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees = productivity

Overworked and underpaid

Analyst (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

Pros-High Profile "brand" on your resume.
    -Hardworking ethic of employees.
    -Learning to be detail oriented.

Cons-Lack of respect for employee's time.
    -Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees professional development and if they are being treated fairly.

Slave Driver

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsBenefits
    Park Admission
    Discounts
    Well known company
    health benefits
    gym on site (need to pay)
    Healthy food options in common area

ConsPromotions and good reviews are based on being "friends" with management or individuals doing your review. Results in incompetent managers constantly micromanaging and lack of knowledge of how to actually manage employees. Good employees are driven away.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce management training for all employees as well as a check and balance system in order for equal treatment to all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume.

Coordinator (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsThe employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

ConsBeing a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

Great for vacations and movies but sucks to work for.

IT Analyst. (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGood location and free entry to the theme parks. No free movies though.

ConsI've worked with various fortune 100 multinational companies. Working for Disney is the saddest place to work for. It may be the happiest place to go on vacation but working? I don't think so. Lowest pay as compared to similar companies and career advancement wise, zilch, zero, nada!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention so employee satisfaction. The company employees w/o importance. I've been with the company for almost 10 years and we had layoffs every other year!?! Who needs that!

Decent benefits, hard to get promoted unless you know somebody, top heavy management in security department.

Security Supervisor (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsMy peers were fantastic as were the personnel I supervised. I enjoyed working with them.

ConsWhen it came to management it was about looking good to their directors or VPs at the cost of the actual workers. Cuts in fulltime workers to part time, this brought the morale down in the security department.

Advice to Senior ManagementSincerity and honesty will go a long with the employees. Hiring within, those who have experience, instead of looking outside and hiring friends, will create better promotion possibilities.

Credit Analyst

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsGreat company to learn and build your skills and grow your career. I started here right after I graduated college and I am glad I did because Disney helped me create the structure and guidance I needed to thrive. Plenty of resources available to help you with just about whatever you need.

ConsThe job itself can grow stagnant and leave you looking for more. It can be difficult to influence management to improve certain processes to be make your job more efficient.

It paid the bills...

Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt is interesting, innovative work.

ConsSlow to promote and very little room for advancement.

Experience is average

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsWorking in reputable worldwide company.

ConsWork load and minimal growth opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork from home flexibility.

Great people, fun place to work, hard to get promoted

Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsSuper fun team of people, great atmosphere, and you can generally be proud of what you're working on. Beautiful Burbank campus, obviously the Silver pass which gives access to the theme parks is an amazing benefit and pretty decent health care benefits.

ConsMost studio home entertainment groups are struggling and this one is no different. Trying to remain relevant, not a strong enough focus on digital and a lot of upper management that's been around awhile and aren't innovative enough to remain relevant. In general the company doesn't do much to promote from within nor work hard to keep the super talented employees it has.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've heard it once, you've heard it a million times - you have to leave Disney to get promoted. Value the employees you have, fight hard to keep them from jumping ship for better titles and more pay. Every employee, no matter what level should almost have to re-interview for their jobs every year just to ensure you've got the best people in roles year after year.

Worked for Walt Disney Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!