Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lori MacPherson

Decent benefits, hard to get promoted unless you know somebody, top heavy management in security department.

Security Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMy peers were fantastic as were the personnel I supervised. I enjoyed working with them.

ConsWhen it came to management it was about looking good to their directors or VPs at the cost of the actual workers. Cuts in fulltime workers to part time, this brought the morale down in the security department.

Advice to Senior ManagementSincerity and honesty will go a long with the employees. Hiring within, those who have experience, instead of looking outside and hiring friends, will create better promotion possibilities.

Intern in Home Theatre Collections

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

ProsGreat company diversification overall. Great place to intern

ConsDeclining Industry. Industry trend is moving to streaming

Hard work, enjoyable atmosphere.

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

ProsDisney brand, perks, people, not a cut throat environment

ConsNot enough training, large large company

Credit Analyst

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company to learn and build your skills and grow your career. I started here right after I graduated college and I am glad I did because Disney helped me create the structure and guidance I needed to thrive. Plenty of resources available to help you with just about whatever you need.

ConsThe job itself can grow stagnant and leave you looking for more. It can be difficult to influence management to improve certain processes to be make your job more efficient.

Wonderful experience with amazingly smart people and terrific products to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time

ProsPrior to 2009, the combination of a growing home entertainment industry and strong products helped fuel a highly profitable division. Smart people and great products from Disney/Pixar, ABC, Disney Channel and others made this division a top notch place to work for. Disney Home Entertainment drove a number of great innovations for the company including great retail presence, amazing franchises, and product innovations such as the Disney Movie Rewards program.

ConsAs with any Disney division, individuals still need to find ways to showcase their talents and find successes that can be noticed. After 2009 and the studio restructuring, the atmosphere became more conservative and difficult as the business continues to decline.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to bring in a more innovative culture and willingness to try new things that can stimulate the industry.

Great place to start a career

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life balance and a lot of upward mobility. Culture is generally friendly. Location on the Disney lot was great.

ConsBusiness is downward trending. Its a very political environment where who you are friends with is much more important to the results you deliver.

A great chance to work with an entertainment giant and see the issues relating to a multi-jurisdictional company

Tax Intern (Former Employee)
Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as an intern for less than a year

ProsWorking for a large company allows employees to receive benefits that they would not in a smaller company. There is funding for training, mentoring, and development that a smaller company may not have.

ConsWorking at a large company it is easy to get lost in the crowd. If there are any changes that an employee sees should be made it is hard to get the ball rolling on those changes.

It paid the bills...

Consultant (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is interesting, innovative work.

ConsSlow to promote and very little room for advancement.

Digital Background Painter, Apprentice

Apprentice Digital Painter (Current Employee)
Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was extremely lucky to work with some of the funniest, talented and generally most interesting people I've ever met in this industry.
This was the first job that I absolutely fell in love with, something I did not feel was possible, where hours of the day just melted away leaving me with more creative energy than when I started. The work was both enthralling and exciting. This job was the reason why I love animation and am so drawn towards working in the industry again.

ConsNot feeling fast enough with my work and not being able to work on more shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to create more artistic opportunities and continue working with great writers and storyboard artists and let them soar at what they do best.

Magic at work? not always...

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsThe magic, the products, the joy of kids

ConsToo big and sometimes local problems does not pass to the top.

Worked for Walt Disney Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walt Disney Home Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walt Disney Home Entertainment CEO Lori MacPherson. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Walt Disney Home Entertainment employees.