Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

-High Profile "brand" on your resume.
    -Hardworking ethic of employees.
    -Learning to be detail oriented.

Cons

-Lack of respect for employee's time.
    -Low pay

Care about your employees professional development and if they are being treated fairly.

Great people, fun place to work, hard to get promoted

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

Super fun team of people, great atmosphere, and you can generally be proud of what you're working on. Beautiful Burbank campus, obviously the Silver pass which gives access to the theme parks is an amazing benefit and pretty decent health care benefits.

Cons

Most studio home entertainment groups are struggling and this one is no different. Trying to remain relevant, not a strong enough focus on digital and a lot of upper management that's been around awhile and aren't innovative enough to remain relevant. In general the company doesn't do much to promote from within nor work hard to keep the super talented employees it has.

You've heard it once, you've heard it a million times - you have to leave Disney to get promoted. Value the employees you have, fight hard to keep them from jumping ship for better titles and more pay. Every employee, no matter what level should almost have to re-interview for their jobs every year just to ensure you've got the best people in roles year after year.

From an admin. POV

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

The company is large enough that everyone knows and respects the company.

Cons

Due to corporate politics, it's hard to get a promotion in the company unless you apply for a differenent position in another department

They should listen to employees more especially support staff. We are overworked and our concerns are not always concerned in the discusion making process.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hi Hi Ho off to work we go

Former Employee - Director  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

Great perks entry to disneyland and sweet promotions that are offered to employees as they come through the pipeline every quarter.

Cons

cheap cheap cheap but hey they can afford to be cheap as their are 10 people that want your job.

keep up the good work and go and conquer the world as you expound every day in and day out.

Slave Driver

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Benefits
    Park Admission
    Discounts
    Well known company
    health benefits
    gym on site (need to pay)
    Healthy food options in common area

Cons

Promotions and good reviews are based on being "friends" with management or individuals doing your review. Results in incompetent managers constantly micromanaging and lack of knowledge of how to actually manage employees. Good employees are driven away.

Enforce management training for all employees as well as a check and balance system in order for equal treatment to all.

Work here if you want a settled life.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

* Easy going environment
    * Benefits package is very good
    * The Disney brand label helps anyones career on a longer run

Cons

* No scope for Promotion or career growth
    * Lots of employees. The middle level management doesn't move up enough to create spaces for Sr. Engineers

* Reduce the headcount
    * Focus on Middle management and set them defined Targets
    * Focus on continuous employee development

The Walt Disney Studios is and innovative and creative place to grow a career in the Entertainment Industry

Current Employee - Technology Executive  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Executive in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

It is a positive work environment that fosters creativity, innovative use of technologies, and has a strong leadership team. It also creates very positive family oriented entertainment products.

Cons

This isn't really a downside... simply a comment... The Walt Disney Studios, and most of the businesses across Disney expect a lot from their staff members... the hours are long, expectations for performance are high, and the tolarance for mediocracy is low.

Keep-up the good work... within the industry I think Disney's leadership has position the company to be at the "top of their game."

Good if you want to earn an easy paycheck or add to your resume.

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

The employee benefits and because it looks good on your resume. If you are a parent, this job is very flexible when it comes to balancing work and family life plus you can take your kids to Disneyland free all you want. If you are an average performer just looking for a regular paycheck and not too much hassle, this is a good place to be.

Cons

Being a hard and dependable worker is not good if you want to move up in the company. Anyone who actually does decent work end up being stuck in their same job because the bosses have grown use to that person making up for the weaknesses of the other staff. Sure it can get you a good bit of a raise compared to your co-workers, but it also means it's more difficult to move up. I worked for Disney for five years and every time I asked for a promotion, I just got the run around while my peers were promoted around me. I moved to another studio in the same job and suddenly found myself being promoted right away three months after I was hired.

If you have a star performer then reward them accordingly. Your actions speak louder than words. If you tell someone they are valued but don't give them the opportunity for career advancement then you risk losing them to a competitor who will.

Great for vacations and movies but sucks to work for.

Current Employee - IT Analyst.  in  Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst. in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Home Entertainment

Pros

Good location and free entry to the theme parks. No free movies though.

Cons

I've worked with various fortune 100 multinational companies. Working for Disney is the saddest place to work for. It may be the happiest place to go on vacation but working? I don't think so. Lowest pay as compared to similar companies and career advancement wise, zilch, zero, nada!

Pay attention so employee satisfaction. The company employees w/o importance. I've been with the company for almost 10 years and we had layoffs every other year!?! Who needs that!

Awesome

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Walt Disney Home Entertainment as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great people, good training, proven leadership that works

Cons

There are no cons for this amazing company

Worked for Walt Disney Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!