Walters & Wolf Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
3.4
Randy Wolf

1. I'm currently employed by Walters &Wolf this company is very unique. I feel grateful to work for such an amazing company

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay well and have great benefits. Most of the employees are passionate and positive which creates a great work environment. Always a chance to move up.

Cons

At times I find it a bit distracting due to high school like behavior, bickering, among employees thus creating a hostile environment to work in.

2. Walters and Wolf Precast Review

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time

Pros

You basically don't need to do anything to get paid.

Cons

You don't really learn anything until you start being a coordinator.
    Coordinators dump loads of work they don't want to do on people below them even if everyone is really busy.
    Too much autoCAD.
    Absolutely no engineering experience.
    Management won't sign for your PE test.

Make sure you actually know what's going on in the company.

3. Good to know a construction process

I have been working at Walters & Wolf

Pros

The people are really laid back. More lenient and flexible on time.

Cons

Not engineering. You basically do paper work and drafting.

5. Expect to get laid off.

Current Employee - Production Worker in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours are great, the coworkers and shop foremen are good people as well. Fun work environment.

Cons

They chew you up and spit you out. The promised me that there was plenty of work for years to come, they laid me off right before my sixth months. It seems they only hired a lot of people just to finish a job on schedule or ahead of time.

Don't lie to new hires/rehires just to knock out a job quicker. Shop foremen are great at each shop, its their bosses that don't care about laying people off.

6. Team leader on floor (leading projects in team of six employees
    Training of new employees

Former Employee - Electrical Technician in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Technician in Fremont, CA

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

a lot of works in summer time, but winter are less works, very busies when contracted full of paper works. A lots of over time,

Cons

company not give rate even been there long time, and works so busies, workers very stressed and not make money as their positions,

N/A

Some days you get the Bear; Somedays the Bear gets you

Former Employee - Project Management in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Management in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with Walters & Wolf was in Arizona and I understand other locations may be different. WWCS is a challenging environment with shifting metrics that will keep you on your toes. There is a strong emphasis placed on quality and the work can be cutting edge. You will get to try new things. Compensation tends toward above average and if you can demonstrate competence, the opportunity for advancement is there. Management does try to be considerate. They also have a beautiful aquarium.

Cons

A priority one day can quickly change the next with little notice; in fact it can happen with total denial management ever said different. Interaction tends to be cliquish and can adversely effect teamwork. Performance reviews can either be cursory ( you're doing fine here's your cheese) or bizarre (the outlook is bad and we have to cut heads so this is why you might roll); but they rarely happen on time.

After some reflection the shifting priorities of management probably gets the best effort out of some employees; but some procedures and methods could benefit with some streamlining for better efficiency. That said, WWCS is a great company unafraid of trying new things (just don't suggest them) and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

Good benefits but work does not seem challenging.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are comprehensive and good. The company is structured. Work hours are very standard.

Cons

Processes seem very redundant and repetitive, a lot of room to improve and streamline. Doesn't use standard industry software that is available that could really help with keeping track of updates and speed up modeling. Management does not follow through on promises.

Promote from within. Utilize internal resources. Why hire engineers to be CAD operators?

9. Decent Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Walters & Wolf

Pros

Interesting, varied work, with a great degree of freedom once you are outside of the office. Good people in the work force.

Cons

Some strange, mystifying work practices that make it harder than necessary to do the job on occasion. Definitely some nepotism in the interiors department.

Take a look outside of your families and friends for promotion and hiring. Some of the best people there came from outside.