Walton Signage

Add Photos

Gary Walton

Opportunity for Growth!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe Sales team is doing great things and some awesome new accounts are coming in and allowing the PM team to grow. Walton has an aggressive growth plan and is very customer focused. We pay our vendors in 15 days which allows us to develop a nationwide partnership with our vendors and a key reason we produce the results we do.

ConsI would be great if the PM teams were able to sit together in one area, that would create an even stronger team bond.

Top Places to Work 2 Years in a Row!

ProsYou get to work with a dream team and be a part of a fast growing and progressive company. It's a place for high performers who like to achieve extraordinary results.

ConsIf you are not a high performer or up for dynamic growth and challenge - this would not be the place for you. It is a place for full engagement - for those who have growth as a core value.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

A Horrible Culture!

Program Manager (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe workspace cubicles aren't the worst I've seen. For the most part I enjoyed the people I worked with. They have pretty good cupcakes at the monthly company meeting.

ConsThere is definitely a glass ceiling at Walton with no chance to move up in the company. Once you have negotiated your salary and position you will be stuck. You will not be treated like an adult and if you work 60 hours a week you might get a better title like senior program manager and an increased work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is for the most part uninvolved. Middle management is a select group of bitter lifers who will micro manage the heck out of you and not trust you enough to exercise your professional skill set.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be a great company if they could figure out how to keep turnover down.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedules, friendly coworkers, profit sharing, SPURS tickets, massage day, etc.

ConsPoor communication from upper management, executive team will wear you out with their micromanagement, constant revolving door of executives which in turn means constant change of direction when you get a new exec in, little to no on-going training.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave managers and executives go through management training once a year and work on employee retention.

Great Company

ProsSan Antonio Business Journal's 2012 Best Places to Work, 2012 INC. 5000 Member, San Antonio Business Journal's Fast Track Companies 2012.

Good Benefits, Responsible Leadership

ConsNone to share at this time

Great Company

ProsGreat opportunity for growth - PM management supports employees moving up within the organization.

ConsPTO policy - Walton brings in employees from all over the country for their skill sets but do not provide them with time to go see their families

Do NOT EVER EVER EVER consider working for Walton Signage. Absolutely DO NOT leave a good job for this company.

Salaried Exempt (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsHorrible management
    Misrepresentation
    Will promise the moon deliver the sewer
    Employee training is mandatory LandMark Forum training, AKA Cult indoctrination, AKA predecessor to Scientology indoctrination. Seriously, they make all management & anyone wanting to become management attend ongoing LandMark Forum cult classes to confess your weaknesses & acclimate to the "culture"

ConsManagement could care less about employees
    Benefits are a joke
    Compensation is pitiful especially after cost of benefits
    Owner is active devotee of LandMark Forum

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leader is a smarmy used car salesmen and runs his business the same.

Worked for Walton Signage? Contribute to the Community!