Wardlaw Claims Service Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
CEO

1. Supportive management, great team atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Pros

They a big management change for the better in the last two years. Now they have the right structure! Supportive, communicate, great at what they do. Knowledgeable. Team environment in a huge way. Note: I am full time, salaried, not a 1099 adjuster. But their conference in 2012 really showed how they care about front line staff.

Cons

I am sure being a 1099 adjuster and not always getting claims is frustrating, but this is based on what carriers give them, not so much what Wardlaw dictates. For staff like me, a lot of us are remote, and regular communication is key. Wardlaw is pretty good at it, but it is hard missing the day to day in the office talk about projects and issues.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people when you do. Keep backing up adjusters as they really run the show. Building employee loyalty is important.

2. Worse Independent Adjusting firm

Pros

The only pro working for Wardlaw was payday every Wednesday.

Cons

Horrible leadership from senior management down

3. Unprofessional, trainers and managers weren't very knowledgeable.

Former Employee - Independent Adjuster
    Former Employee - Independent Adjuster

Pros

The salary is the best part of working with them although they're careless with that too.

Cons

Lack of professionalism /leadership skills and knowledge. Little concern for the well being of employees. LOTS of favoritism so as long as you kiss up to management you're good--whether your work is good or not.

Advice to Management

Hire trainers and managers that are knowledgeable and know how to manage people.

5. No Help

Former Employee - Inside Claims Representative in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Claims Representative in Waco, TX

Pros

They were giving opportunities for those of us that wanted to break into the adjusting business a chance to do so. I also like that I was able to see at anytime what claims I had and had not been paid for.

Cons

Wardlaw advertised that no training or experience was necessary in order to do the job which leads one to believe that sufficient training and help would be available at all times. Wardlaw gave us very little training. We went through a few half day trainings and were thrown into the fire. There was no one designated to help. The only help came from other more experienced claims reps that were there. which wasn't fair to them because it took time away from their claims and cost them time and money. Finally when someone was designated to help he didn't know they system well enough to help and would just call on the same more experienced reps to show him so he could show us. Very frustrating!!!

Advice to Management

If you are going to recruit non-experienced people please give them some support. A few short training sessions are not enough.

RSS Feed </> Embed