Warnaco Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Warnaco Group President and CEO Helen McCluskey

Helen McCluskey

My experience at Warnaco was very satisfying and I would have stayed forever if the company wasn't sold.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a comfortable environment, the director of my department trusted me to do my job and but was always available if needed.

ConsThere were a lot of issues with the processing system we used. We were constantly on the phone trying to get the error corrected.

Warnaco...doing great for now

Milford, MA

ProsFair Company, Just out of trouble, Trying to build a better balanced view to its employee, good transparency

ConsWastage of Resources, some old horses, Need more steam in this competative envronmt

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job at your level. Come down a step and look at the performance of middle tier.

Great place to work

ProsTeam work, training, motivation,

ConsChange management, take over

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was a job that i got to go to every morning for the past 12 years.

Stock Associate (Former Employee)
    Huntingdon, PA

Prosi got to learn some new work skills while i was at warnaco,got to know some really good hard working people at warnaco also.

Consthere was never any down size at warnaco,because we all got along,there was one down size at warnaco and that was when we all lost our jobs.

Advice to Senior Managementupper management was pretty good, because they were aways there for the employees when they needed any help with any issues.

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere

Accounting and Finance (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsAt Montreal office: really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Workload fit into your day. No forced overtime. Great people. Too bad finance was transferred to corporate office and ultimately company bought by PVH. Wish I was still there.

ConsMy manager the last few years I was there was the biggest con. But at least I was not micro-managed so I didn't have to deal with him much. Yearly reviews were useless and counter-productive. Communication between managers could have been better.

Great benefits, huge employee discount, friendly staff and executives.

Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIn general, it was a pretty laid-back atmosphere. Most people were friendly and most executives were approachable. Employees, for the most part, were treated like people. Occasional "thank yous" like ice cream parties would pop up.

ConsThere seemed to be a disconnect between different divisions and departments. This was especially evident in the IT world. Collaboration overall could be much stronger. Fairly high turnover, especially in the design areas, would put a strain on resources and morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to do more to keep talent, especially in the design areas as well as IT. This could be done by offering more competitive salaries and higher than insulting 2-4% annual raises.

Traditional Corporate environment...

Wovens Designer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsTraditional corporate environment with good salaries, benefits & profit sharing.

ConsOnce you hit the glass ceiling - that's it. I was hard pressed to find challenges in my role after a few years & there was a lot of re-structuring in design department on an on-going bases.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there are no way to promote a designer, they should be allowed to switch categories to allow for new skill development & freshness in the product line (ie...knits designer & bottoms designer switch positions).

Legal intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe discounts were great. They generally were 50% off.

ConsI cannot think of any cons.

Great company to work for

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    Milford, CT

ProsNice work environment, good employee discounts and you will work with great people.

ConsThe position was in CT, 60 mile commute each way from NYC

I have enjoyed my time at Warnaco and look forward to continued employment for years to come.

Duncansville, PA

ProsLocal management strives to build into the local associates. They voice the local concerns to the corporate partners even when it seems to fall on deaf ears. Local associates are provided many small things such as luncheons and various award programs.

ConsLocal headcounts are so tight that it leaves no room growing outside of the current position. Although growth is encouraged verbally, time constraints leave little time for the activities that will lead to the growth.

Worked for Warnaco Group? Contribute to the Community!

Warnaco Group – Why Work for Us?

We are a company transformed, focused on global growth and brand building, while staying true to our core values. Over the last decade, PVH Corp. ("PVH") has made several acquisitions that have redefined the identity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Warnaco Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Warnaco Group CEO Helen McCluskey. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Warnaco Group employees.