Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Barry M. Meyer

Barry M. Meyer

121 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Warner bros review

Senior Clerk (Current Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsWorking at warner bros is like spending time with family, everyone cares about each other and is willing to help. Managers sincerely care about employees and their well being.

ConsAs easy as people say it is easy to move up to another position because your already "in" is not true

Innovative entertainment company at its best.

Marketing and Public Relations (Former Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsWarner Bros. is always pushing the envelope by extending into new and untested areas of content development and distribution. This means employees have the opportunity to work on exciting, first-to-market projects giving them opportunity to build the future of entertainment. WB employees are forward thinking and fun to work with.

ConsCan be difficult to move internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Experience with multiple Business Units

Manager (Current Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsExposure to brilliant individuals whom are willing to share industry their knowledge. Overall culture is an open-door with industry leading initiatives.

ConsIn times of cost containment and various "do more with less" initiatives, upward mobility can be limited as attrition is low.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Studio to work for

Burbank, CA

ProsVery good lot facilities. Generally best material

Consstudio security is heavy handed compared to other lots around town.
    lots of opportunities to move ahead

Good, not excellent

Executive Director (Current Employee)

ProsGood work - life balance. Some very talented people here

ConsLimited growth opportunities and suffers from some nepotism

Advice to Senior ManagementDe-centralize decision making

Senior Management in the Finance Department is not Capable

IT Finance Manager - FP&A (Current Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsWarner Bros. has great reputation and provides top-notch benefits to its employees. The 401K plan is one of the best compared to other entertainment companies. I would have stayed for the duration of my career if I had faith in the leadership of the team.

ConsVery poor management, poor communication, too much micro-managing, management has very little respect for employees, hostile work environment created by the leadership of the team, the company seems to be too focused on cutting costs and does not seem to value employee loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot disregard the opinions of your employees and turn the corner by hiring leadership who is not fit and capable for the role. The lack of respect and leadership provided by your mid to senior level management is very concerning and creates a very unhealthy and dysfunctional organization. At some point, you should realize that hiring a coach to coach your mid-level management team is not cost effective. By that point, you may already be past the point of no return.

Temporary

VIP Tour Support (Former Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsYou feel like you're part of the company. The company lives and breathes around you and you feel like you meaningfully contribute to its operations. But...

ConsManagement is horrible and incredibly passive aggressive. Some people didn't know they were doing an inadequate job until they got notified that their assignment would not be renewed. That's what happens when you combine improper training with incompetent management. You get people who don't know what they're doing complete with a total unawareness of it. And you're straight up lied to when management says the position is a gateway to other careers at the company. It's not.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe frank, honest, and invite feedback. Your numbers may be up but that's because people enjoy the experience of having a great tour. I guarantee you that the majority your guides and support staff are miserable because they feel like they're stuck in the position they're in and they definitely have an ear open as far as their future at the company is concerned.

Amazing place to learn about the entertainment industry

Media Research and Insights Intern (Former Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsHuge amount of projects/events going on all the time, smart and driven people, great work-life balance

ConsVery bureaucratic and vertically organized

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all interns feel a sense of dedication and ownership over the work that's happening. Some intern programs are much better than others - standardize this quality!

No room for growth

Supply Chain (Current Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsGood pay & benefits. Full access to the lot to walk around the sets and plenty of places to eat.

ConsUpper Management doesn't share the overall objectives and there's no room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. They are on the front lines and have good advice!!!

Zero work-life balance

Manager (Current Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsWorld-renowned theatrical and tv products; prestigious brand; employee screenings of WB movies

ConsUngodly hours in finance and accounting; No flex time

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Warner Bros. reviews and ratings in Burbank, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Warner Bros. CEO Barry M. Meyer. All 121 reviews posted anonymously by Warner Bros. employees.