Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

Be The First To
Add Photos

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment President Kevin Tsujihara

Kevin Tsujihara

Worst experience of my life. Stay away from WB-ADS.

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsNo Pros. I was a contractor and even though we put in lot of hours working hard, there was no praise or support given. Worst. Worst client to work for.

ConsWorse client I ever worked with.
    Long hours.
    No praise or help or support.
    Expectation is like crazy. They expect people to work 24 hours.
    They don't know what to work on and then expect people to deliver on time. First they should clear what they really want and where they want to go with a project and should have real world expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should try to stay real world. People are not their slaves and don't just work for them. They have personal lives too.

NA

ProsWB is a very progressive company trying to survive in a rapidly shrinking business

ConsA consistent work day of 10-13 hours is more the norm than unusual. The outward suggestion of "work life balance" is farcical

Finance and Accounting = absolute insanity

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsThe work is interesting and some of the employees are nice

ConsLow pay. Constant issues with software and absolutely crazy co-workers. Most of the co-workers are friendly, but there are a few real nutjobs. One easy fix, would be random drug testing. My boss screamed at me for not correcting her errors fast enough? I heard she makes my replacement cry on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug testing! As much as I would dislike peeing into a cup, it would be worth it to get rid of some of the employees. Fix the accounting systems and process!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The absolute BEST place for mediocrity

ProsWork life balance - clock in 9 clock out 6
    Work is not very hard - mostly template filling type jobs
    Not too stressful - little accountability
    Easy to impress - do anything above average work.....people are impressed....

ConsNo diversity - white, male, above the age of 40....anyone else.....expect a triple paned glass ceiling
    Hyper-political - WB "claims" to be a kinder, gentler studio - not the case. Intrigue, backstabbing, across ALL levels.
    Don't expect to learn much
    If you are smart, prepared to have your ideas marginalized or stolen

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you think it makes sense for strategy for a group of white, men, 40+ to be setting strategy/product direction for a world that is consuming your product digitally?

There are VPs in the organization who barely show up to work, steal other people's work and pass it off as their own, know embarrassingly little about new media, and are general liabilities to the company - not addressing people/issues and tolerating this behavior is a reflection of Senior Management. It says that you condone this behavior and that getting ahead in this company has little to do with merit.....

There is so much potential.......but cleaning house is imperative.....otherwise you are just building on a "house of cards". People are not loyal to you or your company because of this........

Great brand, not so great work environment

ProsWB offers the chance to work on great titles. You get the opportunity to interface closely with the artists and have a lot of responsibility.

ConsEmployees are stressed and unhappy. Working in a shrinking industry creates tense, insecure managers who hide and hoard information. There is no sense of teamwork and meritocracy does not exist. My advice is to get your experience and get out.

Analyst

Analyst (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

Pros• Was a great place to work and truly feel proud your contribution to the company.
    • Every smart and nice employee at WHV.
    • Seeing A-list actors on the main lot.
    • Great perks.

Cons• Senior management that made this company successful are resigning by the truck full.
    • No room for growth or career development
    • Senior management often lead you on to promotions that never come.
    • Cannot trust senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementIn a creative industry like Warner Bros. don’t think of your employees as just work horses that you can squeeze profit out off. You are losing your top and/or discouraging your top talent.

WB MIS not recommended

Manager (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

Pros- exciting industry
    - good products
    - base salary and benefits are good
    - volunteer organization is excellent and focus on contribution back to the community is great

Cons- no career development
    - no focus on employees, their strength and their skills
    - no performance reviews, no coaching
    - senior management doesn't respect employees and their input
    - no formal approach to budget/plan for people development

Advice to Senior Managementimprove your leadership skills and treat employees with respect

working at a major movie studio will definitely boost your resume, but...

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

Proshaving WB on your resume opens door.

Conscould have made more money in banking.

Advice to Senior Managementnot sure if it was really necessary to lay off so many ppl in early 2009. Most of ppl who were laid off were junior levels who probably made a FRACTION of sr. management. WB now has started hiring all over again and already spent so much $ on hiring temps. They spent more money on temps than what they saved by laying off ppl.

They laid off ppl and THEN relized they do need people to run business, so they hired temps. Funny thing is, they pay temps a lot more than their full time employees.

The money used to pay temps doesn't come from SALARY portion of their budget, but from other sections. so they might save money on SALARY for full time employees (since they have less employees), but they spend A LOT MORE on other allocated budget (paying temps).

which means they are NOT SAVING $. They are actually spending more. DUH.

supervisor

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosa lot of good talent

Constoo much work too little time

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Contractor-treated like 2nd rate employees

Designer (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

Prosget to go on the lot.

ConsMarketing and people in management are not the most clever people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont think you are the know all. Listen to others who may not be management.

Worked for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!