Warner Bros. Records

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Moscowitz

Marketing Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe environment was casual and friendly. Employees were very welcoming and open to helping. I had two supervisors, both who were amazing. I had several personal issues arise during my internship, but they were very understanding. While I was there, several new albums were being released, so it was exciting to see the behind-the-scenes. Overall, it was a very positive experience. WBR has some amazing artists so it was great to be able to be a part of the company.

ConsThere were some moments when it got slow.

Enjoyed my time at WB

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsAmazing group of people who all taught me a thing or two. Working with such passionate people made me appreciate my job more.

ConsLong hours and the human resource department rarely ever did their job. Upper level management had a tendency to not communicate important information about an artist which often lead to unproductive meetings and artists feeling that no one was knowledgeable to handle their album release.

Advice to Senior ManagementI highly suggest improving the human resources department and their practices as well as developing a more rewarding intern program.

Sad shell of a former great place

A&R (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsFree music, nice offices, access to events and concerts, get to hear new music first, casual dress, working directly with artists.

Consbureaucratic, competitive, non-incentivizing, disconnected upper management, long hours encouraged and constant checking of email a requirement. incompetence high with employees of old model.

Advice to Senior Managementadapt or die

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience, tough future

Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFriendly people, casual work environment, HR is thoughtful and helpful, and you get to meet / communicate with a lot of industry professionals on a regular basis.

ConsOverworked, underpaid / under appreciated, not much room for personal professional growth

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand your audience / market and increase online presence, tailor to younger generation and their power over music

Wonderful people who are happy,

Intern (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsOpen door policy, friendly people, dogs allowed

Conspeople can be intimidating in the office

Advice to Senior Managementtailor to the younger generation! your target sector is dying off

Had to find my own work and stay proactive

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsSupervisors and HR really want the best for you and provide all the resources for you to succeed.

Summer interns have access to WBR Summer Sessions (signed bands play a free concert for current employees, open bar, catered food).

ConsI would best describe the internship as sporadic - it would get very busy at certain times of the week but was slow for the majority of the time. I had to push myself everyday to stay proactive and find something to do.

Seemed like there was a lot of politics.

Executive Assistant

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place to network and meet artists and record execs

ConsPolitics of the Music Biz

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up

Real Music Lovers Apply Here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsIf you love rock music, passionate people, and chaos, this is the best place to work. If you need to chart your own path, the chaos works in your favor. There is a real focus on artist development, at least for the rock acts. And there is no friendlier place for rock artists and the people who want to build their careers working with them.

ConsIf you hate internal processes that are stuck in the 20th century, then this is the worst place to work. If your expertise (on the marketing or A&R side) is in pop or urban music, the company tends to be less decisive, and you will need to fight harder to get what you need and to persuade the building.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation, compensation, compensation.

Music Industry Is Dying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome access to amazing and inspiring artists

ConsNever had a raise the entire time I was there/bordering poverty level

Intern

Video Editor (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsVery laid back department. I enjoyed it.

ConsCan't really think of any

Worked for Warner Bros. Records? Contribute to the Community!