Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Barry M. Meyer

Barry M. Meyer

Pros:
  • "Huge amount of projects/events going on all the time, smart and driven people, great work-life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Great Benefits and people are nice to work with"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some departments do not offer a good work/life balance"
    in 10 reviews
  • "no work/life balance, no chance for internal promotion,"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing place to learn about the entertainment industry

Media Research and Insights Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Warner Bros. as an intern for less than a year

ProsHuge amount of projects/events going on all the time, smart and driven people, great work-life balance

ConsVery bureaucratic and vertically organized

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all interns feel a sense of dedication and ownership over the work that's happening. Some intern programs are much better than others - standardize this quality!

Excellent company with solid senior management team

Executive Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent mixture of creative and technical talent working collaberatively in a team environment. The Company offers a wide spectrum of job opportunities and nurtures personal growth.

ConsJob opportunities within production seem to be limited due to a very competitive market place as territories outside California are vying to attract this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to embrace innovation and reinvent the business / processes.

More with less every year

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDiverse group of talented people committed to success. Cross functional collaboration regularly.

ConsEvery year there are labor cutbacks and outsourcing of job functions despite generally achieving record corporate profits.. It creates a climate of fear and frustration on the part of the "workers.". Efforts are not rewarded and peoples commitment to success is not recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot continually cut the labor force and expect record results every year.

Great opportunities - ran into a difficult area of the business.

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people, again - was able to partake in some endeavors one wouldn't usually have the chance to be involved in.

ConsManagement issues and career growth challenges - in the servicing sector especially.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to be tuned into the general career growth needs of employees. In addition, there were team members who made the day-to-day even more challenging - when I brought concerns to management - these were largely ignored.

Mixed Bag in TV Creative Advertising

Art Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Warner Bros. as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsLoved the diversity regarding different types of creative projects. Enjoyed being paid hourly plus OT where many agencies pay a day rate. Great people and amazing studio lot with lots of perks for employees.

ConsTV Creative Advertising never hired anyone as FT employees. They bring people in as "art consultants" and pay them below market wages through a shell corp. as hourly, on the books temp workers with no benefits, no contract with terms re: time specs. All of this while the studio posts record profits. 3 out of 4 "art directors" who run the projects are merely glorified acct execs with no practical or production knowledge, time management skills, or understanding of creative and printing processes. In addition, they employ fake deadlines to hurry projects up instead of doing realistic project planning. Budgets are always too low. Decisions are fear-based as opposed to success- or knowledge-based. Hiring and firing is 100% rooted in political gains and not who's best for the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people and give them benefits and stability and your product will improve 10-fold. Hire experienced AD's who can contribute creatively and efficiently instead of glorified acct execs who don't know how to art direct and are only there due to nepotism. Bring in a print production team to handle the massive amt of production projects.

Terrific Corporate Career

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat atmosphere, respect for family responsibilities, great benefits, well compensated, honor all religious and recognized holidays, matching 401k, positive working environment, work with partners both domestic and international, annual cost of living increase, some roles receive an annual bonus, corporate offers training and incentives.

ConsDownsized departments equals less advancement, budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor employees in supporting roles, invest more in creative growth to meet the budgets of tomorrow while meeting licensee needs today.

Great Place to work

Burbank, CA

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits and perks, smart people, average pay

ConsHealth/dental out of pocket is higher than their competitor. Has a old boy's club feel at the top of the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementMore career planning for employees

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Always a good experience

Producer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Warner Bros. as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat pay in my expertise, amazing history, creative outlook is always forward thinking. It's warner bros, what's not to like?

ConsI honestly have never experienced any cons while working with Warner Bros., so I can't leave anything negative here. I'm always happy to work with WB.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring me for stuff!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A great place to work.

Director Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood work environment with top notch employees.

ConsWB is a great place to work but ultimately the personality of your boss plays a big role in your experience with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove employees around. Once an employee spends 3-4 years in a position, he needs to move, even if it is just a lateral move, to keep growing.

Warner bros is an industry leader and great place to work

Summer Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Warner Bros. as an intern for less than a year

ProsPlace, People, Work-Life balance, Culture, Work hard

ConsReally Big, Slow upwards mobility, Traffic,

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Warner Bros. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Warner Bros. CEO Barry M. Meyer. All 199 reviews posted anonymously by Warner Bros. employees.