Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Barry M. Meyer

Barry M. Meyer

Pros
  • Huge amount of projects/events going on all the time, smart and driven people, great work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Great Benefits and people are nice to work with (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Some departments do not offer a good work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• no work/life balance, no chance for internal promotion, (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Lots of Summer Layoffs

Studio Services (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Interesting Work, lots of celebrities

ConsCyclical nature of the movie business means lots of layoffs in the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Stellar Company To Work For, Worked In Various Departments

Executive Assistant II (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGreat company culture, benefits, opportunity for growth, competitive salaries

ConsTypical instability and flux of the entertainment industry, but that is the nature of the entire industry and is not studio specific

Fear-Based Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Decent pay. This field has a twenty word minimum. Employees get a copy of big new releases on Blu-Ray every couple months.

ConsMany, many meetings that result in zero progress, or even a step backward.
    Many managers with at best an average understanding of their responsibilities.
    Rather than managing effectively, threats of termination.
    Many, many submissive personalities and weak individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing wrong should be an opportunity to learn.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor management

Digital Media (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGreat benefits, innovative, cool people

ConsPoor management. so much politics, horrible pay for the work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sportive and stand up for your team members. Stop owning all the credits and realize your team members should get the credit as well. Value your assets.

Warner bros review

Senior Clerk (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWorking at warner bros is like spending time with family, everyone cares about each other and is willing to help. Managers sincerely care about employees and their well being.

ConsAs easy as people say it is easy to move up to another position because your already "in" is not true

Avoid working for Studio Facilities! Beware!

Tour Guide (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsBring on tour with your guests away from management, human resources, and all of the corrupt folks at Warner Bros.

ConsCattle call, they have a system where they bring you in temporary so you can be a tour guide for peak seasons then they let you drift away. 3-4 tours a day for $11.74 an hour plus you have to pay ridiculously expensive union fees. My suggestion: get the job and take advantage of being able to speak in front of people and really hone your "people skills" then leave it the first chance you get. Because, I guarantee they will screw you over at some point, and if you stay there for a long time you will get sucked in their being a tour guide for decades and become really cynical and hate all of the new/young guides.

Human resources is a complete joke here! They don't value their employees and treat you like a piece of meat. They could care less whether or not you need a stable job. The system is designed to let go of mass amounts of employees at a time to make room for new employees, because their theory is that after a few months they got the best out of the tour guide and they have nothing left.

It's really a sad and depressing place at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey "think" they're really positive people working the entertainment industry when in reality they're passive aggressive drones that haven't a clue what they are doing. They don't give a damn about their employees whats so ever. Ask anyone who has worked their and they'll say the same. Yes, their are a select few "regular" employees that they rely on and are treated well. But, that's only because they serve as managements puppets and "narks" for them. Very flawed and corrupt organization at Warner Bros. That's All Folks!

My experience at Warner Brothers was great! The work place is very fast paced and friendly.

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey have a Positive work environment.

ConsI do not have anything to say.

Good, if you're willing to settle for less than you want.

Set Decoration Department Production Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOffers 401K, health insurance, doesn't bug you when you go on unemployment.

ConsIncredibly inflexible about considering time with the company, or work taken on, in salary adjustments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just look at your employee's title, take a look at their tasks. When you realize someone is an asset to the company, then fight to keep them. Don't just settle for someone less experience who will work for nearly nothing.

Senior Management in the Finance Department is not Capable

IT Finance Manager - FP&A (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWarner Bros. has great reputation and provides top-notch benefits to its employees. The 401K plan is one of the best compared to other entertainment companies. I would have stayed for the duration of my career if I had faith in the leadership of the team.

ConsVery poor management, poor communication, too much micro-managing, management has very little respect for employees, hostile work environment created by the leadership of the team, the company seems to be too focused on cutting costs and does not seem to value employee loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot disregard the opinions of your employees and turn the corner by hiring leadership who is not fit and capable for the role. The lack of respect and leadership provided by your mid to senior level management is very concerning and creates a very unhealthy and dysfunctional organization. At some point, you should realize that hiring a coach to coach your mid-level management team is not cost effective. By that point, you may already be past the point of no return.

Not terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was nice to get paid as an intern. Some nice people.

ConsManagement had a few leadership issues.

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!