Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Barry M. Meyer

Barry M. Meyer

Pros
  • Huge amount of projects/events going on all the time, smart and driven people, great work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Great Benefits and people are nice to work with(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Some departments do not offer a good work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• no work/life balance, no chance for internal promotion,(in 6 reviews)

Stellar Company To Work For, Worked In Various Departments

Executive Assistant II (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGreat company culture, benefits, opportunity for growth, competitive salaries

ConsTypical instability and flux of the entertainment industry, but that is the nature of the entire industry and is not studio specific

Poor management

Digital Media (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsGreat benefits, innovative, cool people

ConsPoor management. so much politics, horrible pay for the work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sportive and stand up for your team members. Stop owning all the credits and realize your team members should get the credit as well. Value your assets.

Warner bros review

Senior Clerk (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWorking at warner bros is like spending time with family, everyone cares about each other and is willing to help. Managers sincerely care about employees and their well being.

ConsAs easy as people say it is easy to move up to another position because your already "in" is not true

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Warner Brothers was great! The work place is very fast paced and friendly.

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey have a Positive work environment.

ConsI do not have anything to say.

Experience with multiple Business Units

Manager (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsExposure to brilliant individuals whom are willing to share industry their knowledge. Overall culture is an open-door with industry leading initiatives.

ConsIn times of cost containment and various "do more with less" initiatives, upward mobility can be limited as attrition is low.

Good, if you're willing to settle for less than you want.

Set Decoration Department Production Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOffers 401K, health insurance, doesn't bug you when you go on unemployment.

ConsIncredibly inflexible about considering time with the company, or work taken on, in salary adjustments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just look at your employee's title, take a look at their tasks. When you realize someone is an asset to the company, then fight to keep them. Don't just settle for someone less experience who will work for nearly nothing.

Senior Management in the Finance Department is not Capable

IT Finance Manager - FP&A (Current Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWarner Bros. has great reputation and provides top-notch benefits to its employees. The 401K plan is one of the best compared to other entertainment companies. I would have stayed for the duration of my career if I had faith in the leadership of the team.

ConsVery poor management, poor communication, too much micro-managing, management has very little respect for employees, hostile work environment created by the leadership of the team, the company seems to be too focused on cutting costs and does not seem to value employee loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot disregard the opinions of your employees and turn the corner by hiring leadership who is not fit and capable for the role. The lack of respect and leadership provided by your mid to senior level management is very concerning and creates a very unhealthy and dysfunctional organization. At some point, you should realize that hiring a coach to coach your mid-level management team is not cost effective. By that point, you may already be past the point of no return.

Not terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was nice to get paid as an intern. Some nice people.

ConsManagement had a few leadership issues.

Temporary

VIP Tour Support (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsYou feel like you're part of the company. The company lives and breathes around you and you feel like you meaningfully contribute to its operations. But...

ConsManagement is horrible and incredibly passive aggressive. Some people didn't know they were doing an inadequate job until they got notified that their assignment would not be renewed. That's what happens when you combine improper training with incompetent management. You get people who don't know what they're doing complete with a total unawareness of it. And you're straight up lied to when management says the position is a gateway to other careers at the company. It's not.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe frank, honest, and invite feedback. Your numbers may be up but that's because people enjoy the experience of having a great tour. I guarantee you that the majority your guides and support staff are miserable because they feel like they're stuck in the position they're in and they definitely have an ear open as far as their future at the company is concerned.

Innovative entertainment company at its best.

Marketing and Public Relations (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWarner Bros. is always pushing the envelope by extending into new and untested areas of content development and distribution. This means employees have the opportunity to work on exciting, first-to-market projects giving them opportunity to build the future of entertainment. WB employees are forward thinking and fun to work with.

ConsCan be difficult to move internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!