Warner Music

Be The First To
Add Photos

Warner Music CEO Stephen F. Cooper

Stephen F. Cooper

Pros
  • Nice employees with many different interests which develop a unique work environment(in 9 reviews)

• Great people, productive working environment, and overall a nice place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay, but not a bad thing at all considering the experience and networking opportunities you are gaining(in 5 reviews)

• Disconnect between upper management and employees(in 4 reviews)

Excellent company. They take care of their employees.

Legal (Former Employee) Westwood, CA

ProsI was in the Rhino Records division. It was casual, and the employees, owners, and managers had a mutual respect that was refreshing.

ConsMaybe a little difficult to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more incentives for promotions.

Creative environment, but not the most organized

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsCreative environment, Some perks (free shows and events at work)

ConsDisorganization, stagnant morale in some departments

Spring Intern

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGave me invaluable background in performing arts business; taught me how to navigate a large corporate setting; allowed me freedom to develop my skills; free CDs and concerts sometimes

ConsRecorded music as an industry is majorly restructuring so it was clear it wasn't a place where I was going to get a job for what I wanted to do. My managers were a bit petty and unprofessional at times, I think because they were stressed about their job stability. In general didn't seem to be a future-oriented place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ConsPoor Mid level Leadership
    Huge rotation of personal
    Office Bullying
    Not clear career path
    Not clarity on leadership roles
    Lack of 360 reviews
    Huge support to external Consultants over employees
    No training budget
    For new hires Only 6 sick days per year and 10 vacation days (regardless of level)
    Low salaries
    Lack of consistency in titles within the Finance Organization. (You can find 5 year of experience Directors vs 15 years of experience ones)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Finance organization need a clearer structure

Interning at Warner was great if you are independent, otherwise you can find another place to get coffee at.

Intern (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsNetworking! As an intern, you have access to contacts all over the music business; use them to your advantage!

ConsCo-workers and management are not very helpful; you are the bottom of the bottom, and they treat you like you will be replaced in three months. No real hands on training for anything practical in the music business; everything I learned, I learned because I sat in their office for an hour and picked their brains.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your interns more; you're going to be working for one once "The Big Three" shrink to "The Big One." Bye bye music industry!

Nice perks and great place to work if you abide by MBAs attitude

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMusic, creativity, work-life balance and location.

ConsExperience in the industry is moot; they want MBAs with attitudes over experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMBAs have their place, but don't get rid of all the experience for a 5 year model from someone who never worked in the industry.

Cool place to work

Worker (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people, productive working environment, and overall a nice place to work.

ConsDisconnect between upper management and employees. Needs to incorporate team building activities to make the relationship between the two more cohesive.

Terrible Place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNo pros here at all.

ConsAbsolutely one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. People are not very bright, unprofessional and their technology is outdated especially in the BTS area. Environment was disgusting. Unemployment rate is dropping. You could find something better and not settle for this poorly run company. Stay away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince Warner Music is privately owned by a billionaire, I highly recommend you suggest to the billionaire that he sell Warner Music immediately and cut his losses.

PASS

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree lunch and dinner during close

ConsLong work hours, zero appreciation. Poor Upper Management

Overall good experience

Technical Leader (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEasy work atmosphere, good work life balance, friendly co-workers, survived the downturn level, transition to digital. Good transition from local to regional to global model and new management making new investments after years of cost cutting and downsizing. The core values have remained the same and overall employee friendly policies and lot of trust and empowerment despite limited career growth

Conschange of ownership and managements several times, too many cuts and depleted workforce, pessimism on future, politics. Outlook has remained grim for more than a decade

Advice to Senior Managementsynergy across business units, career path and growth opportunities

Worked for Warner Music? Contribute to the Community!