Warner Music

Updated February 27, 2015
3.8

Warner Music CEO Stephen F. Cooper
Stephen F. Cooper

Pros
  • It has a really positive working environment (in 10 reviews)

• Great people, productive working environment, and overall a nice place to work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay, but not a bad thing at all considering the experience and networking opportunities you are gaining (in 6 reviews)

• Disconnect between upper management and employees (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Opportunity

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Warner Music

Pros

Company values aligned with mine and the people were great to work with. Totally recommend working here in the future.

Cons

Honestly all of the challenges of working here were healthy challenges and welcomed improvements. Though I do love a good challenge.

Great Place to Intern

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Warner Music as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Great learning opportunity. Hands on experience with a major label. I really liked my boss and everyone I met, I had a lot of responsibility and felt like I really made a difference.

Cons

No money. That's a big one. Sometimes people play really loud music, but I can get over that. Overall it was mostly positive.

Great Intern Experience

Former Intern - College Internship
    Former Intern - College Internship

I worked at Warner Music as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Really fun atmosphere, people were willing to help and teach you what you didn't already know, work with really cool people and artists, exposure first hand to music industry, looks great on a resume

Cons

Seems to be a high turnover rate with employees, internship program is going through transition, unpaid and must be enrolled full-time student and receiving college credit

Great Place!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Warner Music as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Healthy environment, everyone is passionate about music

Cons

Not a lot of job opportunities

Great place

I worked at Warner Music

Pros

Everyone is friendly and motivated to have a great work environment

Cons

None that I can think of.

Great internship

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Warner Music full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good connections. Fun working staff. Nothing handed to you.

Cons

Unpaid. Expect to stay late to make a solid impression.

Find some spare change for the interns

Great Internship Experience

Former Intern - Creative Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Creative Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Warner Music as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Career Development, Resume Workshops, Free CDs, amazing supervisor

Cons

unpaid, sat far away from supervisors in an intern-designated room

My non-paid internship was a leap in the door.

Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Warner Music as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I've had about 8 internships in the course of my professional life, so when I say that my internship was, by far, the most valuable internship I've had - I mean it.

As an intern, I had the same expectations that other employees did. I was treated as though I was an employee, and I was allowed to flex my creative muscles to make a difference in the company. This was much different than any other way that I had been treated as an intern, previously.

I think WMG operates with a sense of confidence, positivity and respect, and that is what makes it a fantastic place for anyone to work. As an intern, you should treat every day as though you're being interviewed for a job. While the intern program is not as strong as it could be, it's 100% up to you to transform your internship into a job, which is something I have done.

Cons

If you are interning here for your first time ever, I highly recommend you take on an internship prior to this one to get familiarized with how it is to work in a corporate environment. You'll need to cultivate a sense of independence and professionalism to be successful here. It is not good for first-time interns, but for veterans.

Also, I think that the internship program is severely lacking and that there is a lot of room for improvement to show all facets of the company.

Warner Music Group/WEA Studio Service Internship

Former Intern - Studio Service in Burbank, CA
    Former Intern - Studio Service in Burbank, CA

I worked at Warner Music as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding internship to gain experience and knowledge of the music industry. My experience working here was a joyful one as I was assigned to several different projects. From the moment I received my badge to the day that I turned it in, I have enjoyed every bit of this internship. I am grateful for the opportunity and the knowledge that I have learned here. The team of engineers were all very welcoming and did not make me feel as if I was on any other level. The environment of working in the music business was exactly how I envisioned it to be. A very relax fun workplace to explore and expose your creativity. Everyone who works here looks like they enjoy life. There is a time for seriousness and then there is a time to have fun. All the employees here know how mix a good balanced healthy life. Music is life.

Cons

The challenges are very minor when it comes to working or interning here. The new words and programs could be quite intimidating if you have never been exposed to it. You will have to learn a new vocabulary working here to fit in. Definitely have to do your own research on certain programs and devices that are used to process music. You will have to learn a new database or even learn how to do invoicing. Your internship experience will truly depend on how hard you are willing to work. Study hard and prepare yourself so you can fit in the culture.

Help interns get job placements. The training here is unlike any other. I believe that some interns will be able to contribute their smarts and experience by hiring them to any position in the company. It would be a great asset to the company considering they started as an intern.

Great Company

Former Intern - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Warner Music as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Organized Environment, Professional, Very good style and decor within offices. Great knowledge of music within the label. Felt very accepted as an employee.

Cons

Fast paced environment. Not getting to meet many artists on the label. I had issues communicating with the CEO due to his busy schedule. Location of the offices.